Vikings waive Randy Moss

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Brad Childress revealed why he waived Randy Moss. Apparantly he was a Programattic Nonfit?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

DearbornDolfan

Apparently the Dolphins are interested in Moss, enough so that the team has put in a call to Moss' agent to gage his interested in signing with the team. Brandon Marshall is all about it, although Hartline not so much; understandable since Hartline would be the one losing snaps.

Personally speaking, while I'm not a huge fan of "characters", I think the Phins have to do it if they believe they can make a run for the Lombardi. Henne has proven he can throw the ball well and the run offense just isn't doing it, so maybe it's time to go four wide out of the gun a majority of the time like the Patriots of '07.

drworm

I'm seeing reports of the Titans putting in a claim for Moss... some other teams said they may, but IDK its past the deadline. Anyone have any solid facts?

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I really thought he would pass through waivers and Belechek would claim him for the league minimum. That would be the ultimate. Get a better draft pick than they paid for him, got rid of his high salary, and then get him back for a league minimum salary.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Fisher is hoping that a better WR can make at least ONE of his QB's look good on the field.

I heard that they are refusing to release a recovery time for Britt. I'd take this as a sign that he'll be out for a looooooooong while.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
This is a sign, to me, that Brad Childress has lost control of his team. He doesn't listen to anyone, apparently, and the team owner is not pleased with this move.
Pretty soon it'll be time for him to say good bye. (Hello Tony Dungee?????)

cctekguy

Staff member
Brad Childress revealed why he waived Randy Moss. Apparantly he was a Programattic Nonfit?!?

I'm confused here.

I don't associate roster changes with the Head Coach.

Didn't think a coach could just pick-up and release players willy-nilly.

Thought that GM's and other upper management were responsible for these moves.

Someone please enlighten me.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I'm confused here.

I don't associate roster changes with the Head Coach.

Didn't think a coach could just pick-up and release players willy-nilly.

Thought that GM's and other upper management were responsible for these moves.

Someone please enlighten me.
According to sources, the HC in Minny has total control over the roster, per his contract. That is why he won't be back after this year. The owner is big time pissed right now.