The Lineup Dr. 2013

Flex question for you Doc. Standard scoring, full ppr league.

L Miller @ CLE #26 Def against the rush. I've got Miller to be my flex player but the time share talk has me nervous.

C Shorts vs KC #11 Def against the pass. I like Shorts this month but his banged up QB scares me. It's not like the dude is a good QB to start with.

DeSean Jackson @ WAS # 28 Def against the pass. Break out year! That's all we hear. I'm tempted to buy in. What say you?

Tough one..

I like Cleveland D a lot, I don't think Miller starts out well.

Shorts is really the only guy in Jax passing game right now, but in this case Im not seeing it as a positive. KC will have no problems shutting him down.

I'm a sucker for having a guy playing on Monday Night. I think Philly leaves Washington gassed and DJax finds himself with 2 TDs when all is said and done.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'm a sucker for having a guy playing on Monday Night.

You too? Man I've lost a few games simply because I wanted to watch one of my players on MNF and starting the lesser choice for that reason. Then I kind of over reacted and stopped playing guys on MN unless they were slam dunk the way to go. I just might roll with your choice here because this break out talk, new coach and renewed QB atmosphere has me hyped. Yep, I'm going DeSean.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
He did all I needed him to do. Thanks Chris et al for another great call from the lineup doctor. DeSean over Miller was a slam dunk.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
What's up Doc?

I picked up Julian Edelman (vs NYJ) in a league specifically to block the guy I'm playing this week from grabbing as he has Amendola. Now I'm strongly leaning towards playing the guy and sitting Hakeem Nicks (vs DEN). Good idea or not?

What's up Doc?

I picked up Julian Edelman (vs NYJ) in a league specifically to block the guy I'm playing this week from grabbing as he has Amendola. Now I'm strongly leaning towards playing the guy and sitting Hakeem Nicks (vs DEN). Good idea or not?

Pats/Jets on a Thurs. night feels like a low scoring affair. I like Nicks in the battle of the Mannings

fireschwartz

Patient needs help after losing Vereen to IR.

Need 2 flex spots for PPR league. Choose from the following:

J. Bell @ARI
V. Brown @ PHI
K. Winslow @ NE
K. Thompkins vs. NYJ
M. Brown vs. CLE

Thanks in advance.

J. Bell @ARI
V. Brown @ PHI
K. Winslow @ NE
K. Thompkins vs. NYJ
M. Brown vs. CLE

Thanks in advance.

I like Marlon Brown to get lots of targets with Joe Haden locking down Torrey Smith and Ray Rice having a tough time running.

2nd spot I think I would go with Joique...even without the fluky TDs he is still flex worthy, the catches and yds were no fluke (don't need to tell you) I suspect we both are skeptical of Bush lasting the whole game.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
3 questions... standard scoring w/ .5 ppr and 6 pts for passing TD's

1. Kaepernick @ Sea or Romo @ KC... Really leaning towards Kaep after last week.

2. Pierre Thomas @ TB or Ivory @ NE

3. Decker @ NYG or D Willy @ Buf

Thanks

3 questions... standard scoring w/ .5 ppr and 6 pts for passing TD's

1. Kaepernick @ Sea or Romo @ KC... Really leaning towards Kaep after last week.

2. Pierre Thomas @ TB or Ivory @ NE

3. Decker @ NYG or D Willy @ Buf

Thanks

1. Definitely Kaepernick...you could probably trade Romo now

2. Ivory has done nothing to impress I'd lean Thomas with the .5 PPR

3. Decker- I like Peyton to give him plenty of opportunities to regain confidence after the poor showing last week.

ExperiencedRookie

J. Bell @ARI
V. Brown @ PHI
K. Winslow @ NE
K. Thompkins vs. NYJ
M. Brown vs. CLE

Thanks in advance.
I'd like to step in and offer a 2nd opinion for this patient.

I know Kenbrell was disappointing coming off of the massive hype. Opportunities translate into points more often than not, and opportunities will be plenty on Thursday night. Amendola sidelined, Gronk still missing, and who the heck knows what's going on with Dobson. Now with Vareen missing from the passing game too, there's not many places left for Brady to go with the ball.

I see another game of north of 13 targets for Thompkins, which is more than I can say for the rest of the options. You're hurting from Vareen being out, might as well take the benefits of the situation too.

fireschwartz

I'd like to step in and offer a 2nd opinion for this patient.

I know Kenbrell was disappointing coming off of the massive hype. Opportunities translate into points more often than not, and opportunities will be plenty on Thursday night. Amendola sidelined, Gronk still missing, and who the heck knows what's going on with Dobson. Now with Vareen missing from the passing game too, there's not many places left for Brady to go with the ball.

I see another game of north of 13 targets for Thompkins, which is more than I can say for the rest of the options. You're hurting from Vareen being out, might as well take the benefits of the situation too.
Second opinions are always good to have (especially since your initials are ER), but I must say that Dr. Slabaugh has always taken good care of me.
Do you concur with his second choice of Bell, or do you like someone else as the second flex spot?

Last edited: