The Lineup Dr. 2013

gizzil

What up Chris!!! I don't think I can in good conscience recommend a Mathews play ever until he does something. Even though, yeah, you may miss that breakout performance we've been waiting for for three years, I wasted two seaasons waiting on that, and won't be wasting a third. Third year is a good WR breakout year... definitely not for RB

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Which one of these TE's do you prefer for week 1....... .5 ppr

O. Daniels @ SD
F. Davis vs Phi
Pettigrew vs Min

O. Daniels @ SD
F. Davis vs Phi
Pettigrew vs Min

I'd take Daniels. SD was surprisingly good against TE's last year, but have been predictably bad before.

Pettigrew is intriguing, but I feel Detroit will only be feeding the ball to one monster known as Mega-Bush.

Need to see Davis form a real connection with RG3 first

ExperiencedRookie

O. Daniels @ SD
F. Davis vs Phi
Pettigrew vs Min

Without stepping on Chris' toes, I'm going to say Davis. Phillys pass D is a disaster. Great matchup for him.

I don't like Daniels this week in a game that figures to be a blowout. I doubt he has too many 2nd half targets.

fireschwartz

Hey Chris, need to fill 2 spots in a ppr league, W/R, and W/T.

Choices are:
V. Jackson @ Cromartie and Jets
K. Thompkins, Sudfeld and Vereen @Buf

Had Jackson in one spot until I read about Crom being his teammate back in SD and really wanting to shut him down.

Yahoo has Thompkins and Jackson being the better plays, but not by much.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Last edited:
Hey Chris, need to fill 3 spots in a ppr league, WR, W/R, and W/T.

Choices are:
V. Jackson @ Cromartie and Jets
K. Thompson, Sudfeld and Vereen @Buf

Had Jackson in the WR spot until I read about Crom being his teammate back in SD and really wanting to shut him down.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Jackson/Vereen/Sudfeld

Jackson is the best redzone target the Bucs have and I don't think they'll have a problem moving the ball.

I think Thompkins is the odd man out in NE this week.

ExperiencedRookie

Pick a lineup for this team. And yes, this is an actual roster in my dynasty. (not mine!!) Start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE

Here are your options:
RB: LeVeon Bell, Ronnie Hillman, DeAngelo Williams, Mark Ingram, Stepfan Taylor, Kenjon Barner.
WR: Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, DaRick Rogers, Darius Heyward Bey, Keenan Allen, Emmanuel Sanders, Jermaine Kearse.
TE: Gates, Brent Celek

Good luck with that!

fireschwartz

Pick a lineup for this team. And yes, this is an actual roster in my dynasty. (not mine!!) Start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE

Here are your options:
RB: LeVeon Bell, Ronnie Hillman, DeAngelo Williams, Mark Ingram, Stepfan Taylor, Kenjon Barner.
WR: Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, DaRick Rogers, Darius Heyward Bey, Keenan Allen, Emmanuel Sanders, Jermaine Kearse.

Good luck with that!

That roster will Die Nasty!!!

Here are your options:

Good luck with that!

2 RB: D/Will, Ingram- Sucks to start Williams against Seattle but at least he should get 15 touches. Can't say the same for sure with any of the other RB. Ingram has looked good

3 WR- Britt/Austin/Sanders- Only other option is DHB, but I can't see him doing much this week.

TE: Gates- Easy

Flex: Hillman- when choosing a guy involved in a three way committee Ill take the RB over the TE

gizzil

Ah, my favorite thread... Great to see you back, Chris!

So, who do you like for DEF this year (or just week one)?? Are the Giants really as bad as everyone says (@DAL, Romo likes to turn it over, but these have been high scoring games)?? I would be reticent to start Seattle as well (traveling cross country to CAR)... Do you like Cleveland vs MIA better? AZ @ STL? Indy vs OAK (one week only thing), I don't think Washington v PHI is a great move either... .Anyway, because parts of my several drafts were autopicked, I didn't get to scoop the Bears or 9ers like I normally would like, so now am playing the DEF matchup game week to week it would appear... (In one league PITvTEN and GB@SF are even available)

You couldn't go Vick @ WAS over Wilson @CAR could you?

For a flex, I could use Tavon Austin v STL, Isaac Redman v TEN, Greg Jennings @DET, Lance Moore v ATL or Kenny Britt @PIT. I'm definitely way high on Austin, and this league has points for return yardage at 20 per. Redman could have a good game knowing he may not have to start again. Of Jennings I am distrustful, Moore has good games and this should be one with a ton of points, but eh, and Britt is more or less garbage

Last edited:
A

Axe Elf

AZ is a D you could keep for the season.

Vick over Wilson, yes.

PPR go with Lance Moore; non-PPR probly Redman.

Ah, my favorite thread... Great to see you back, Chris!

So, who do you like for DEF this year (or just week one)?? Are the Giants really as bad as everyone says (@DAL, Romo likes to turn it over, but these have been high scoring games)?? I would be reticent to start Seattle as well (traveling cross country to CAR)... Do you like Cleveland vs MIA better? AZ @ SEA? Indy vs OAK (one week only thing), I don't think Washington v PHI is a great move either... .Anyway, because parts of my several drafts were autopicked, I didn't get to scoop the Bears or 9ers like I normally would like, so now am playing the DEF matchup game week to week it would appear... (In one league PITvTEN and GB@SF are even available)

You couldn't go Vick @ WAS over Wilson @CAR could you?

For a flex, I could use Tavon Austin v STL, Isaac Redman v TEN, Greg Jennings @DET, Lance Moore v ATL or Kenny Britt @PIT. I'm definitely way high on Austin, and this league has points for return yardage at 20 per. Redman could have a good game knowing he may not have to start again. Of Jennings I am distrustful, Moore has good games and this should be one with a ton of points, but eh, and Britt is more or less garbage

I have no problems with Seattle at Carolina. 2nd would be Cleveland, Miami looks error prone.

Pretty sure it was Washington Vick had his monster 2010 game. Seattle/Carolina has a 14-6 feel to it. I like Vick while he's healthy.

Austin is intriguing but a wait and see approach is how I would approach him early.

Moore in a sure shoot out vs. Atl is the safest play.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Flex question for you Doc. Standard scoring, full ppr league.

L Miller @ CLE #26 Def against the rush. I've got Miller to be my flex player but the time share talk has me nervous.

C Shorts vs KC #11 Def against the pass. I like Shorts this month but his banged up QB scares me. It's not like the dude is a good QB to start with.

DeSean Jackson @ WAS # 28 Def against the pass. Break out year! That's all we hear. I'm tempted to buy in. What say you?