The Lineup Doctor 2010

Hi Chris,

First question of the year. Which defense do I start this week? In our league legitimate points scored against the defense is subtracted from total score. We do get 1 pt. per sack & turnover + 6 points for defensive scores. Special teams do not figure in except that special teams scores do not count against your defense. I have Carolina against the Bears and the Jets against the Vikings. Which one will net the best score given the above? The Bears have been giving up sacks by the bucketload and they don't have Cutler this week. The problem is the Carolina O which usually doesn't stay on the field very long and this tends to wear down a D. The Jets look to have a nearly full defense in place (including Revis) but they're playing the Vikings which has AP and other weapons even though Favre has looked pretty sad to date. In your opinion which is the best play, the Jets or the Panthers?

Thanks

Vikings have not been putting up a lot of points so far this year, I would go with the Jets.

gizzil

set?

<acronym title="quarterback">Basically my hand is forced by injury and byes i would think... again this is the league where i rotate backs... also you saved my ass with the TO call

QB</acronym> Brees @AZ
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> Colston @AZ
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> Austin Collie KC (guess i will be checking his status early, not playin is what i hear)
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> TO TB
<acronym title="Running Back">RB</acronym> Jhavid Best STL
<acronym title="Running Back">RB</acronym> Ryan Torain GB
<acronym title="tight end">TE</acronym> Heap DEN (starting to agree i need to upgrade heap)
K Janikowski SD (dump the drunken bastage?)
DEF Green Bay @WAS
D Patrick Willis PHI (maybe he get on track killing Kolb)
D James Anderson CHI (had a MONSTER game last week, and my poor bears are starting a bust piece)

BN BenJarvus something or other BYE (hangin on to him cuz i think he features a couple more times)
BN Darren McFadden SD (dude cmon get healthy PLEASE)
BN Kevin Walter NYG (im forced to start if no collie i guess, or go fishin)
BN McNabb GB
BN Baltimore DEN (thinking of dropping)

I guess i gotta check out who's still available as far as TE WR and as always RB but im holdin out hope for McFadden's speedy recovery. This week is important though am i sacrificing it for d mac and four names guy?
http://www.sofantasyfootball.com/nf...-gotta-get-running-backs-36951/#ixzz11vKRkhSF

gizzil

playing the #1 team, this could get me back in the top half of this league - tolbert mathews thing is killin me, id like to go best v. STL lemme know the consensus

<acronym title="quarterback"><acronym title="quarterback">QB</acronym></acronym> Aaron Rodgers @WAS
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> Greg Jennings @WAS
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> Devery Henderson @AZ (cards 29th? pass d?)
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> TO TB (how can i bench him after that)
<acronym title="Running Back">RB</acronym> Frank Gore PHI
<acronym title="Running Back">RB</acronym> Tolbert @OAK (seriously am i just rolling the dice with either one)
<acronym title="tight end">TE</acronym> Z Miller SD (Witten blows anyway again this year, Sunny D lets <acronym title="tight end">TE</acronym>'s roam free)
K Rackers NYG
DEF NO @ AZ (I dumped Baltimore cuz some douche dropped NO for KC)

BN Matthew Stafford (still fishing for a better backup)
BN Witten Ten (BLOWS)
BN Gaffney @BAL
BN Crabtree PHI (BLOWS)
BN Jhavid Best STL (maybe i skip the charger guessing game, still... the toe...)
BN Ryan Mathews @OAK
BN Bironas @ DAL (I hate picking kickers, who ever heard of a league that forces two on you? ugh, i could probably upgrade but how the f ya posed to know what kicker you pick? it's the only part of fantasy i still cant grasp, that said i think bironas might be the better play for once cuz Tenn may roll Dallas, but again, wtf)

http://www.sofantasyfootball.com/nfl/f20/big-money-bigger-problems-37143/#post398240#ixzz11vPoCzkb

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Pick 3

David Gettis (RC sleeper pick of the week)
Calvin Johnson (no brainer)
Jeremy Maclin
Luis Murphy (shoulder injury still concerns me)

PPR 6 pts per TD

<acronym title="quarterback">Basically my hand is forced by injury and byes i would think... again this is the league where i rotate backs... also you saved my ass with the TO call

QB</acronym> Brees @AZ
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> Colston @AZ
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> Austin Collie KC (guess i will be checking his status early, not playin is what i hear)
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> TO TB
<acronym title="Running Back">RB</acronym> Jhavid Best STL
<acronym title="Running Back">RB</acronym> Ryan Torain GB
<acronym title="tight end">TE</acronym> Heap DEN (starting to agree i need to upgrade heap)
K Janikowski SD (dump the drunken bastage?)
DEF Green Bay @WAS
D Patrick Willis PHI (maybe he get on track killing Kolb)
D James Anderson CHI (had a MONSTER game last week, and my poor bears are starting a bust piece)

BN BenJarvus something or other BYE (hangin on to him cuz i think he features a couple more times)
BN Darren McFadden SD (dude cmon get healthy PLEASE)
BN Kevin Walter NYG (im forced to start if no collie i guess, or go fishin)
BN McNabb GB
BN Baltimore DEN (thinking of dropping)

I guess i gotta check out who's still available as far as TE WR and as always RB but im holdin out hope for McFadden's speedy recovery. This week is important though am i sacrificing it for d mac and four names guy?
http://www.sofantasyfootball.com/nf...-gotta-get-running-backs-36951/#ixzz11vKRkhSF

Yep nothing that can be changed here

playing the #1 team, this could get me back in the top half of this league - tolbert mathews thing is killin me, id like to go best v. STL lemme know the consensus

<acronym title="quarterback"><acronym title="quarterback">QB</acronym></acronym> Aaron Rodgers @WAS
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> Greg Jennings @WAS
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> Devery Henderson @AZ (cards 29th? pass d?)
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> TO TB (how can i bench him after that)
<acronym title="Running Back">RB</acronym> Frank Gore PHI
<acronym title="Running Back">RB</acronym> Tolbert @OAK (seriously am i just rolling the dice with either one)
<acronym title="tight end">TE</acronym> Z Miller SD (Witten blows anyway again this year, Sunny D lets <acronym title="tight end">TE</acronym>'s roam free)
K Rackers NYG
DEF NO @ AZ (I dumped Baltimore cuz some douche dropped NO for KC)

BN Matthew Stafford (still fishing for a better backup)
BN Witten Ten (BLOWS)
BN Gaffney @BAL
BN Crabtree PHI (BLOWS)
BN Jhavid Best STL (maybe i skip the charger guessing game, still... the toe...)
BN Ryan Mathews @OAK
BN Bironas @ DAL (I hate picking kickers, who ever heard of a league that forces two on you? ugh, i could probably upgrade but how the f ya posed to know what kicker you pick? it's the only part of fantasy i still cant grasp, that said i think bironas might be the better play for once cuz Tenn may roll Dallas, but again, wtf)

http://www.sofantasyfootball.com/nfl/f20/big-money-bigger-problems-37143/#post398240#ixzz11vPoCzkb

I think that you're right to go with Tolbert over Best this week... while it doesn't seem like Best's injury got any worse last week, the Chargers against Oakland's weak run D should provide enough yds and TD's for both Matthews and Tolbert to be a better bet.

No changes that I can see here either.

phillychic1

Morning Chris!

6 team basic scoring league & I need help :( I need to start 3 WR & I just can't make up my mind who's gonna do the best here!

Randy Moss
Donald Driver
Calvin Johnson
Steve Smith NYG
Hakeem Nicks
Mark Clayton

Also slightly torn between startin either:
QB
Matt Schaub
Mark Sanchez

TE
Kellen Winslow
Vernon Davis

All advice to help me make up my mind is appreciated!

Morning Chris!

6 team basic scoring league & I need help :( I need to start 3 WR & I just can't make up my mind who's gonna do the best here!

Randy Moss
Donald Driver
Calvin Johnson
Steve Smith NYG
Hakeem Nicks
Mark Clayton

Also slightly torn between startin either:
QB
Matt Schaub
Mark Sanchez

TE
Kellen Winslow
Vernon Davis

All advice to help me make up my mind is appreciated!

Calvin, Nicks and Moss for your WR's (I think Favre and Moss hook up at least twice)

Schaub

Vernon