The Lineup Doctor 2010

Bull

Chris, I have J. Harrison, Javid Best, Jamaal Charles, Michael Bush, and Reggie Bush. Non ppr. 6pts for TDs and 6pts for going over 100yrds rushing or receiving. Goofy scoring, but it is what it is. I have to start two. No flex. I'm struggling between Charles, Best, and Harrison. Should I just go Charles and Best since Hillis is coming on as a potential TD vulture in Cleveland? Harrison did light it up at the end of last year when given the chance.
BTW, good game this weekend. Go Irish! I'm going to the Stanford game.

Doctor,

Generally speaking, what's your take on the these guys heading into week 1:

Derrick Mason
Devin Aromashodu
Jabar Gaffney
Pierre Garcon
Ahmad Bradshaw
Cedric Benson
Huggins

Mason- Still a solid #3-4 fantasy WR... He's been a Raven too long and been too good to get leapfrogged by Housh

Aromashodu- Cutler loves him and there should be plenty of pass attempts in Martz O. If he's on your WW pick him up if he's on your bench leave him there for now too risky to play over a guy who we know what to expect.

Gafney- He's the #1 in Denver but won't approach anything near Marshall numbers. I've stayed away but you could do worse for a #3.

Garcon- He'll build off of last years numbers and is a solid #2 WR in most leagues. I'm high on him

Bradshaw- I'd expect a little improvement over last years #'s but not the huge leap that a lot are hoping for. As long as Jacobs is healthy he'll get his share of carries including most of the goalline duties

Benson- I've heard he'll get pounded into the ground this year which could put him in the top 10 RB's at year end. I buy it.

Huggins- With Caddy's injury history the #2 in T.B. is definitely worth owning.

Hope that helps

Hey Chris good to see you back.

A couple of questions here for week 1, both leagues are non-ppr with 1 pt for 20 yds:

1. Knox vs DET or Maclin vs GB
2. Burleson vs CHI, Gaffney vs JAX, or Roy Williams vs WASH

Only need one for each league.

Thank you!

1. Maclin- G.B. offense will score a ton of pts. and Charles Woodson even at his old age could still very well shut down D/Jax which means a ton of targets and opportunities for Maclin

2. Gafney- I'll take my shots with the #1 receiver

Hey Chris,

who should i start?

Romo @ Was or Palmer @ NE
Floyd @ KC or Maclin vs GB?
Meachem vs MIN or Burleson @ CHI

Thanks

Romo- He's your stud play him

Floyd- I think S.D. scores a ton of pts against K.C and Floyd will score a TD

Meach- tough one but I'll take the home team with Drew Brees at QB

Good luck

Hey Chris,

You did me well the last two season, so no reason not to ask for your advice again this season. Keep up the good work.

Two dilemas.

Standard scoring no PPR.

RB (Pick two):

Brandon Jacobs vs Panthers
Clinton Portis vs Cowboys
Jo Addai @ Texans
Caddilac Williams vs Browns

WR (Pick One):

TJ Housh @ Jets
Mario Manningham vs Panthers
Mohamed Massaquoi @ Buccs

Addai and Caddy at RB... I think Washington struggles early on offense and Portis will have a hard time against Dallas

Massoquoi is a nice play this week with Aqib Talib out so the Bucs secondary could be pretty weak.

This is for my other team (the one not in my signature)
Both games are at my D/ST's home...I have both Chicago and Philly D/ST's

Chicago vs. Det

Philly
vs. GB

One caveat, we have slightly elevated Defensive Scoring..

Sack = 1
Fumble Recover = 3
Interception = 3
All TDs = 6

Allow 0 pts = 12
Allow 1-6 pts = 10
Allow 7-13 = 8
Allow 14 - 20 = 4
Allow 21 - 27 = 0
Allow 28 - 34 = -4
Allow 35+ = -8

Which one is key play?
I think Philly can get to Rodgers for sacks, but since we have slightly elevated scoring I am worried about a shootout in Philly...so I am thinking of going with Chicago at home versus Detroit...but then again that could be a shootout..

Thoughts?

Chicago is the safer play. What Philly gets in sacks will be wiped out by the pts G.B puts up. Chicago will get some sacks and turnovers of their own especially with Peppers in the mix and should give up fewer pts

akajimbo

week1 lineup

PPR standard scoring. 1 pt per 10 yds, 3 pt bonus for 100 yd games.

Minimum starters = 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 flex positions (TE = WR)

Starting for sure -
QB = P Manning
RB = C Benson
RB = L McCoy
RB = J Harrison

need 2 WR from this list for week 1

Welker
Crabtree
Berrian
M Wallace
K Winslow
E Royal

S Holmes - suspended

so which 2 WR should i go with? I could sit a RB (or 2) and go with up to 4 WR.

I think Benson and Harrison should be solid this week. a little shaky on Shady...I like Welker and Berrian, but also like Crabtree and Wallace...your thoughts are always appreciated.

Thanks

Chris, I have J. Harrison, Javid Best, Jamaal Charles, Michael Bush, and Reggie Bush. Non ppr. 6pts for TDs and 6pts for going over 100yrds rushing or receiving. Goofy scoring, but it is what it is. I have to start two. No flex. I'm struggling between Charles, Best, and Harrison. Should I just go Charles and Best since Hillis is coming on as a potential TD vulture in Cleveland? Harrison did light it up at the end of last year when given the chance.
BTW, good game this weekend. Go Irish! I'm going to the Stanford game.

Go Irish indeed!!! They look good so far

I would play Best and Harrison. Best will get goalline opportunities with Smith still unsure about his knee and T.B gives up enough rushing TD's to accomodate both Hillis and Harrison. T. Jones is a goalline vulture so I wouldn't start Charles against S.D this week.

JackG1980

Did you change your mind about Moreno over Harrison. As of now I still have Harrison in over Moreno, but you stated Moreno over Harrison. Standard PPR league. I believe Harrison will get about 30 carries this week. Moreno could have a slow start due to his recent injuries. Also what do you think about C.J. Spiller? I am in a league that gets 1 point for every 25 return yards w/standard PPR scoring.

PPR standard scoring. 1 pt per 10 yds, 3 pt bonus for 100 yd games.

Minimum starters = 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 flex positions (TE = WR)

Starting for sure -
QB = P Manning
RB = C Benson
RB = L McCoy
RB = J Harrison

need 2 WR from this list for week 1

Welker
Crabtree
Berrian
M Wallace
K Winslow
E Royal

S Holmes - suspended

so which 2 WR should i go with? I could sit a RB (or 2) and go with up to 4 WR.

I think Benson and Harrison should be solid this week. a little shaky on Shady...I like Welker and Berrian, but also like Crabtree and Wallace...your thoughts are always appreciated.

Thanks

I think if Welker starts for New England he should start for you. Crabtree is a guy who I am very high on this year and expect very big things from starting this week. Benson and Harrison are good starts this week so keep them in.

Did you change your mind about Moreno over Harrison. As of now I still have Harrison in over Moreno, but you stated Moreno over Harrison. Standard PPR league. I believe Harrison will get about 30 carries this week. Moreno could have a slow start due to his recent injuries. Also what do you think about C.J. Spiller? I am in a league that gets 1 point for every 25 return yards w/standard PPR scoring.

Went back and reread your question and I apologize b/c I did indeed overlook Harrison on your list. Harrison over Moreno.

CJ Spiller is a potential top 10 guy in your scoring system. If you don't have him try to get him. If you do have him he should probably be in your lineup most weeks.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Does MJD's knee give any any cause for concern against the Denver D?

JackG1980

Went back and reread your question and I apologize b/c I did indeed overlook Harrison on your list. Harrison over Moreno.

CJ Spiller is a potential top 10 guy in your scoring system. If you don't have him try to get him. If you do have him he should probably be in your lineup most weeks.

Yes I have him on my team. Also have McCoy. THanks

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
Defensive question here.

Jets* vs Ravens or Bucs* vs Browns. Most people would say Jets without hesitation, but hear me out.

This league doesn't award or take away points for yardage allowed, and gives 0 points if the defense allows more than 10 points, so it's very turnover and special teams favored.

And maybe its me being a :homer:, but certainly the Bucs defense is good enough to stop the Browns, right?

Defensive question here.

Jets* vs Ravens or Bucs* vs Browns. Most people would say Jets without hesitation, but hear me out.

This league doesn't award or take away points for yardage allowed, and gives 0 points if the defense allows more than 10 points, so it's very turnover and special teams favored.

And maybe its me being a :homer:, but certainly the Bucs defense is good enough to stop the Browns, right?

I'm a big fan of playing lower tier D's against even lower ranked offenses. It has blown up in my face before though (I played the Lions against the Browns last year and they combined to score about 100 pts.) Usually I employ this method when I don't have a top tier defense.....you have THE BEST.

(I've been selling Harrison big time so I can't honestly tell you that I think the Bucs will shut down the Browns)

I like the way you're thinking but go with the Jets this week.

Dallas Iowa

Cowboy fan
Standard Scoring No PPR: Pick three out of these 4 RB's C.J, Benson, A. Foster, D. Will.
Also in a seperate league same scoring system I need 2 Rb's 2 Wr's and a flex: RB's: Gore, Barber, Benson, also have M. Bush but I'm not considering him. Wr's: Roddy White, Nicks, Welker, and H. Ward. Thanks appreciate the help