The Lineup Doctor 2010

Any help is appreciated. 1QB 2RB 2WR 1Flex 1TE 1DEF - Standard scoring Non-PPR, 4pts Pass/TD, 6pts/TD otherwise, 1pt/25yds pass, 1pt/10yds otherwise. Here is my team scheduled starters in bold.

QB
Flacco @ jets
Favre @ NO

RB
R. Rice
F. Gore
J. Charles
J. Best
J. Forsett

WR
G. Jennings
D. Jackson
D. Bowe
R. Meachem
J. Jones
D. Bess

Flex
J. Charles

TE
Cooley

DEF
Dallas

You nailed it. Week 1 start your studs..... and you're right to bench Favre for this week as well. He obviously hasn't practiced a whole lot yet and lost a lot of weapons. Just like last year it'll take him a couple of weeks to get his game legs.

thespanker

First week jitters Chris especially picking my #2 RB. Appreciate your comments. 1QB 1RB 2WR 1Flex(RB/WR) 1TE 1Kick 1DEF - PPR Scoring All TDs 6pts 1pt/20yds pass, 1pt/10yds and 1pt/20 return yds. Here is my team scheduled starters in bold.

QB
ELI
Big Ben (Suspended)

RB
Peterson
Charles
Best
Foster
R. Bush

WR
C. Johnson
Fitzgerald
M. Williams (TB)
D. Hester

TE
Witten

Kick
Hartley

DEF
Cards

JackG1980

PPR league, standard scoring with 1pt/25 return yards. Need one WR and one WR/RB
Spoles @ KC
Moreno @ Jac
Dez @ Washington
Harrison @ TB
Cribbs @ TB
Gafney @ Jac

First week jitters Chris especially picking my #2 RB. Appreciate your comments. 1QB 1RB 2WR 1Flex(RB/WR) 1TE 1Kick 1DEF - PPR Scoring All TDs 6pts 1pt/20yds pass, 1pt/10yds and 1pt/20 return yds. Here is my team scheduled starters in bold.

QB
ELI
Big Ben (Suspended)

RB
Peterson
Charles
Best
Foster
R. Bush

WR
C. Johnson
Fitzgerald
M. Williams (TB)
D. Hester

TE
Witten

Kick
Hartley

DEF
Cards

There seems to be a huge divide when it comes to Arian Foster around these parts. Either you love him or you hate him. Right now I'm not buying into him. The good news for you is that you have quite a few other options. For this week I would go with Best. The Bears D is not the same as it was in past years, Kevin Smith has come out and said that he doesn't trust his knee meaning Best will get nearly all the work, you get ppr, and Best is really good.

PPR league, standard scoring with 1pt/25 return yards. Need one WR and one WR/RB
Spoles @ KC
Moreno @ Jac
Dez @ Washington
Harrison @ TB
Cribbs @ TB
Gafney @ Jac

Moreno should be starting so he'd be your flex. I think I'd go with Gafney for your WR this week. Dez hasn't played at all and while I'm very high on Cribbs I want to know more about his role in the offense. Gafney should be a nice safe choice for you

Good luck

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Here is a little different question for the Doctor.

Im drafting out of the 16 hole Oh My tomorrow, what position/player would you target in the 1st and 2nd round.

PPR IDP, this league also gets kick/punt return points.

Here is a little different question for the Doctor.

Im drafting out of the 16 hole Oh My tomorrow, what position/player would you target in the 1st and 2nd round.

PPR IDP, this league also gets kick/punt return points.

I would go WR/RB. Drafting 16th means you have a huge wait for your picks to come back around to you and the dropoff will be massive.

I would look to land a RB such as Shonn Greene, Rashard Mendenhall and D/Will (in that order) and a WR such as Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson or Roddy White in that order.

(I'm assuming that this is a 16 team serpentine draft)

realmwalker

2nd Team - thoughts on lineup

Ok, drafted my 2nd team (12 team NoN PPR)
(6 pts all TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex (WR or TE), 1 K, 1 D/ST)

BOLD are current lineup settings for week 1

QB - Matt Ryan, Alex Smith
RB - Jahvid Best, Ahmad Bradshaw, Matt Forte, Leon Washington, Chester Taylor
WR- Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, D. Driver, J. Gaffney, M.Williams (Sea)
K - Rackers
DEF - Eagles

Decisions, Decisions

Thanks in advance.

Ok, drafted my 2nd team (12 team NoN PPR)
(6 pts all TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex (WR or TE), 1 K, 1 D/ST)

BOLD are current lineup settings for week 1

QB - Matt Ryan, Alex Smith
RB - Jahvid Best, Ahmad Bradshaw, Matt Forte, Leon Washington, Chester Taylor
WR- Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, D. Driver, J. Gaffney, M.Williams (Sea)
K - Rackers
DEF - Eagles

Decisions, Decisions

Thanks in advance.

I like Best over Bradshaw for reasons stated in another question. Great WR corp btw.

Good luck

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Standard scoring w/ .5 PPR

Need one RB out of following...

Shonn Greene vs Baltimore
J Stewart @ NYG

Also need two WR's out of the following...

S. Smith (Car) @ NYG
H. Nicks vs Carolina
J. Knox vs Detroit
J. Gaffney @ JAX

Standard scoring w/ .5 PPR

Need one RB out of following...

Shonn Greene vs Baltimore
J Stewart @ NYG

Also need two WR's out of the following...

S. Smith (Car) @ NYG
H. Nicks vs Carolina
J. Knox vs Detroit
J. Gaffney @ JAX

I'll take Greene at home on MNF. Should get a ton of carries.

Smith and Nicks. I've said it a couple of times before, but thjis early on in the season its going to be very hard to give a lower ranked player the nudge over a higher one based on matchups because well... preseason doesn't mean crap. Start your studs early on until we can see some trends starting to form.

egoo

Which QB? 1pt per 20 yards passing, 4pts per pass TD, no negatives for turnovers

Kevin Kolb vs GB
Brett Favre @ NO

Which QB? 1pt per 20 yards passing, 4pts per pass TD, no negatives for turnovers

Kevin Kolb vs GB
Brett Favre @ NO

I like Kolb. It took Brett a few games last year to start putting up solid numbers and think it will be the same this year. The Packers will probably put up a ton of pts against Philly which will keep Kolb throwing until the end of the game. I look for Minnesota to try and run, run, run and keep the ball away from Drew Brees and Co.

Chuckrock2004

Pom-Pomgirl Holder^Upper
Week 1

Heyo Chris,

Thanks for offering up your time again this year. Always a pleasure reading these posts.
Here's what I have. Non-ppr, standard scoring.

Need 2 RB's and 2 WR's:

R. Mathews

S. Greene
C. Benson
J. Harrison

R. White

M. Floyd
M. Crabtree
M. Massaquoi

Also, who do u like at TE:
H. Miller with a new QB
D. Keller.

Players in bold are what i'm currently starting.

Thank you in advance,

CR

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyo Chris,

Thanks for offering up your time again this year. Always a pleasure reading these posts.
Here's what I have. Non-ppr, standard scoring.

Need 2 RB's and 2 WR's:

R. Mathews

S. Greene
C. Benson
J. Harrison

R. White

M. Floyd
M. Crabtree
M. Massaquoi

Also, who do u like at TE:
H. Miller with a new QB
D. Keller.

Players in bold are what i'm currently starting.

Thank you in advance,

CR

This is a tough one... I've been stressing start your studs this week because matchups should be thrown out the window at the start of every NFL season.

But... I'm just getting the feeling that with Hardesty out for the year Jerome Harrison is going to get a shot at the 30 carries he'll need to put up the monster numbers he did at the end of last year. Add to that the Bucs were dead last in rush defense last year and the Ravens were #5. I don't see the Bucs D as being improved enough to warrant Greene over Harrison.

Heath should get a ton of targets while Ben is out and is a good start this week.

I like Floyd a lot this year and think KC secondary is not as good as Seattle's. Rivers over Smith is the edge for me this week.

Good luck

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Doctor,

Generally speaking, what's your take on the these guys heading into week 1:

Derrick Mason
Devin Aromashodu
Jabar Gaffney
Pierre Garcon
Ahmad Bradshaw
Cedric Benson
Huggins

SchultzAndy

Fantasy Football Veteran
Hey Chris good to see you back.

A couple of questions here for week 1, both leagues are non-ppr with 1 pt for 20 yds:

1. Knox vs DET or Maclin vs GB
2. Burleson vs CHI, Gaffney vs JAX, or Roy Williams vs WASH

Only need one for each league.

Thank you!

Sizzo

Hey Chris,

who should i start?

Romo @ Was or Palmer @ NE
Floyd @ KC or Maclin vs GB?
Meachem vs MIN or Burleson @ CHI

Thanks

wisfinfan05

Hey Chris,

You did me well the last two season, so no reason not to ask for your advice again this season. Keep up the good work.

Two dilemas.

Standard scoring no PPR.

RB (Pick two):

Brandon Jacobs vs Panthers
Clinton Portis vs Cowboys
Jo Addai @ Texans
Caddilac Williams vs Browns

WR (Pick One):

TJ Housh @ Jets
Mario Manningham vs Panthers
Mohamed Massaquoi @ Buccs

realmwalker

D/ST question

This is for my other team (the one not in my signature)
Both games are at my D/ST's home...I have both Chicago and Philly D/ST's

Chicago vs. Det

Philly
vs. GB

One caveat, we have slightly elevated Defensive Scoring..

Sack = 1
Fumble Recover = 3
Interception = 3
All TDs = 6

Allow 0 pts = 12
Allow 1-6 pts = 10
Allow 7-13 = 8
Allow 14 - 20 = 4
Allow 21 - 27 = 0
Allow 28 - 34 = -4
Allow 35+ = -8

Which one is key play?
I think Philly can get to Rodgers for sacks, but since we have slightly elevated scoring I am worried about a shootout in Philly...so I am thinking of going with Chicago at home versus Detroit...but then again that could be a shootout..

Thoughts?