The Equation for Browns QB Derrick Anderson is getting cheaper.

Coachnorm

Nobody is knocking down the Browns doors to trade for backup QB Derrick Anderson now. But next month on the 15th the Browns will pay Anderson a $5 million dollar bonus. So any team that does trade for him will only have to pay Anderson $1.5 million for 2009, the balance of his contract. Just figured you should know.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
he's already lost his starting position, happened last year prior to the Quinn injury, I don't see Mangini even opening up the competition......but then again I don't see Anderson with the Brown stains next year either, so it will likely be a moot point.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
he's already lost his starting position, happened last year prior to the Quinn injury, I don't see Mangini even opening up the competition......but then again I don't see Anderson with the Brown stains next year either, so it will likely be a moot point.
Just my opinion, but open up a competition and give the job to Anderson and you need to get rid of Quinn then. You don't give the kids the reigns, let him lose the job due to injury and then let him waste on the bench and expect him to amount to anything for you.

You either go with Quinn and hope he grows into the job, or you trade him to a really Qb starved team like Detroit or such.