The Eagles????

Remote Controller

I guess I just don't see it. Why are they considered such a great team? I see a top 5 Qb......maybe, if healthy. All we have to go by is his rookie year. I see two new backs and two old backs so that position really hasn't changed. That's an upper middle of the pack RB group with a scheme that does include a good dose of running. The Wr's are middle of the pack at best, and once again we need to talk staying healthy when we speak of Jeffrey. Agohlar is good, not great, and Desean is supposedly tearing it up. Ertz and Goedert make a a real good TE squad.

The Defense is upper middle of the pack.....Jake Elliot was under 50% on fg's this preseason, yet this team is picked as the cream of the NFC by the majority. I feel New Orleans has a better kicker, better defense, better Rb's, better Wr's, are fine at TE, and have a qb whosimply gets it done and stays upright. Playing Dallas, New York, and Washington has to have a lot to do with this. I just don't see the Eagles as the cream of the NFC. I'm not hating.....I own Ertz, Howard, DeSean, Elliot, Jeffrey on different squads......I just don't see it.

The Rams have a better Def, and better running back group, much better Wr's, an equal at QB who stays healthy. They are better too.

Anyway, not a rant, just a question???

ExperiencedRookie

The Eagles have a lot goin for them. They are probably the deepest team in the league. They have talent up and down the O and D line. Great depth.

I wouldn’t knock that WR group. Is Alshon an alpha #1? No. They are deep though. JJ Arcega Whiteside is probably the best WR4 in the league. Goedert is the best TE2 in the league. They have dudes who could be starting elsewhere that are sitting on the bench.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I guess I just don't see it. Why are they considered such a great team? I see a top 5 Qb......maybe, if healthy. All we have to go by is his rookie year. I see two new backs and two old backs so that position really hasn't changed. That's an upper middle of the pack RB group with a scheme that does include a good dose of running. The Wr's are middle of the pack at best, and once again we need to talk staying healthy when we speak of Jeffrey. Agohlar is good, not great, and Desean is supposedly tearing it up. Ertz and Goedert make a a real good TE squad.

The Defense is upper middle of the pack.....Jake Elliot was under 50% on fg's this preseason, yet this team is picked as the cream of the NFC by the majority. I feel New Orleans has a better kicker, better defense, better Rb's, better Wr's, are fine at TE, and have a qb whosimply gets it done and stays upright. Playing Dallas, New York, and Washington has to have a lot to do with this. I just don't see the Eagles as the cream of the NFC. I'm not hating.....I own Ertz, Howard, DeSean, Elliot, Jeffrey on different squads......I just don't see it.

The Rams have a better Def, and better running back group, much better Wr's, an equal at QB who stays healthy. They are better too.

Anyway, not a rant, just a question???
The main issue is probably your perception of who has better personnel than the other.

Qb - Wentz > Goff if Wentz can stay healthy
Rb - Even - I won't deny Gurley healthy is a stud, but we know he is NOT healthy, and Sanders and Howard are equal in production IMO.
Wr - Rams - I would take Cooks, Woods and Cooper over what Philly has
TE - Eagles - Ertz and Goedert make up for lacking in Wr
OL - Eagles - they have a depth and health and are extremely good.
DL - Rams no question
Lb - even to Rams better
DB - Rams
ST - equal

while I agree Rams have better defense, I also think Eagles have edge . But it is very very close

Walter34

I guess I could argue the following as well

QB: If healthy, Wentz > Trubsky
RB: Slight edge to Bears based on Cohen. I'd rather DM + Cohen over Howard \ Miles
WR: Call it even
TE: Philly better clearly
OL: Even - Bears have one of the best lines and all 5 starters returning

DL: Bears
LBs: Bears by a very large margin
DBs: Bears

ST: Push - Good kick returning but questionable kicking for Chi.

I expect Philly to win their division and see them as a contender, but not necessarily a fav to far over the other 3 to 4 big NFC teams.

ExperiencedRookie

RB: Slight edge to Bears based on Cohen. I'd rather DM + Cohen over Howard \ Miles

I expect Philly to win their division and see them as a contender, but not necessarily a fav to far over the other 3 to 4 big NFC teams.
You think the Chi WRs are even to the Philly WRs?

Cmon bro. Eagles have the deepest WR group in the league.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator

Uh....about that O-Line....I don't think so right now. ;)

eaglechick

I'm back :)
I think the Eagles are stacked... yes, I'm a homer, but I just see a great team. We'll see how it plays out, and how the Rams do, but in addition to playing personnel, Dougie P has had McVay's number the past couple years. Just sayin'

Maybe other teams will be better. That's why we watch lol

Remote Controller

I think the Eagles are stacked... yes, I'm a homer, but I just see a great team. We'll see how it plays out, and how the Rams do, but in addition to playing personnel, Dougie P has had McVay's number the past couple years. Just sayin'

Maybe other teams will be better. That's why we watch lol
:)