The 2017 Lineup Doctor

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Doc, Bradford is giving me deep pains way on down. Mind you I do not own Bradford and as talented as the kid is I wouldn't have him due to the injuries that follow him like dust on a dirt road. Thelin is the man that I have concerns about Suh. Last week I set Thelin in 2 leagues because of Hop-a-Long not playing. In league 2 I played non-Golden Tate over Thelin and lost a point in the deal. I have pretty good options in that league and could start Tate again vs Atlanta in what I hope turns into a shootout and there's Prior sitting on the far end of the bench averaging a lil' over 8.5 ppg against the Raiders. Prior still hasn't clicked with Cousins and while I believe he/they will, some day, I think I should wait to see it happen before I un-glue his asp from the pine. In this league I think I'll roll with Tate one more time over quarterback-less Thelin. what say you?

League 2 finds most of my alternatives used up on TNF. Left packing water for me here is Jamaal vs the Bills. Couldn't do that could I. I think he'll be useful at some point this year but not this week. Then there's the new kid on the block Alex Collins playing across the pond vs the Jaguars suddenly improved defense. I hate playing offensive players in London and can not look at him favorably either. The last man on my bench is Fat Rob playing those same Raiders with his aching rib cartilage. That hurts! Been there, done that. He's a better man than me if he can do his job in one weeks time after that injury. So in this league playing flex should I stay with Thelin and pray or toss one of these three into the wishing well?

I dropped off a dozen eggs for you in the waiting room. You know they're fresh because they still have a little chicken sh!t on them. Mom says you are supposed to not wash them. (Actually research will also advise that).

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
With Marshall's ceiling capped by Beckham he should see possession type receptions but don't look for a big day from him. Bryant has a big day coming. Is it today? No way of knowing but I'd go with Bryant myself.

gizzil

Jared Cook vs Bal or drop him and pick up Austin Saferian-Jenkins @ CLE... Seems like everyone thinks ASJ is bound for a blow up, but cooks matchup is good too and manuel tried to hit him for a td twice last week.. ASJ plays 77% of snaps... However Baltimore has allowed 4 TE TD and cook got 8 targets last week from Manuel, ASJ has never had more than 6

Last edited:

gizzil

.5 ppr...

QB Alex Smith @ Hou (Brisset instead??)
RB Hyde @ IND
RB Gillislee
WR Alshon vs AZ (horrible matchup, and the guy against not peterson/mathieu tends to break out, pick up torrey smith??)
WR Cobb @ DAL
TE Watson @ OAK (anothr decent matchup but I can get A.S.J. here also,
Flex Tarik Cohen vs MIN (seems bad, but who knows with trubisky in... and howard may be the one getting stuffed while cohen gets the dump offs... or I could get McKissic...)

BN David Johnson
BN Brees BYE
BN Snead BYE
BN Marquise Lee (I can drop him for Torrey Smith or Austin Seferian Jenkins, he seems pretty garbage)
BN Rawls @ LAR (Could drop for McKissic since this is a ppr and quite honestly another good game and he may take Prosise's job... Or Gallman should have a great game today... but after prob not...)

Last edited:

gizzil

In a standard, I am playing Keenan Allen @ NYG. I could switch him out for Tarik Cohen vs MIN, Blount vs AZ. Probably just stick with him right

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Jared Cook vs Bal or drop him and pick up Austin Saferian-Jenkins @ CLE... Seems like everyone thinks ASJ is bound for a blow up, but cooks matchup is good too and manuel tried to hit him for a td twice last week.. ASJ plays 77% of snaps... However Baltimore has allowed 4 TE TD and cook got 8 targets last week from Manuel, ASJ has never had more than 6
I would lean Cook.

Phicinfan

Administrator
.5 ppr...

QB Alex Smith @ Hou (Brisset instead??)
RB Hyde @ IND
RB Gillislee
WR Alshon vs AZ (horrible matchup, and the guy against not peterson/mathieu tends to break out, pick up torrey smith??)
WR Cobb @ DAL
TE Watson @ OAK (anothr decent matchup but I can get A.S.J. here also,
Flex Tarik Cohen vs MIN (seems bad, but who knows with trubisky in... and howard may be the one getting stuffed while cohen gets the dump offs... or I could get McKissic...)

BN David Johnson
BN Brees BYE
BN Snead BYE
BN Marquise Lee (I can drop him for Torrey Smith or Austin Seferian Jenkins, he seems pretty garbage)
BN Rawls @ LAR (Could drop for McKissic since this is a ppr and quite honestly another good game and he may take Prosise's job... Or Gallman should have a great game today... but after prob not...)
Honestly, the only question mark to me is Alshon, I agree this is a baaaaddd match up for him. Leave rest of line up alone. As to who to start instead...Rawls could get carries, but not enough to replace Hyde. I like Gallman for long term value, he seems to run better than who he replaces, I would drop Rawls for him if it were me. Lee is a mystery to me, he should be having huge games but he seems to get lost. you could use some Wr help. I have seen McKissic listed as wr in some leagues. IF he is in yours nab him and put him in.

gizzil

Honestly, the only question mark to me is Alshon, I agree this is a baaaaddd match up for him. Leave rest of line up alone. As to who to start instead...Rawls could get carries, but not enough to replace Hyde. I like Gallman for long term value, he seems to run better than who he replaces, I would drop Rawls for him if it were me. Lee is a mystery to me, he should be having huge games but he seems to get lost. you could use some Wr help. I have seen McKissic listed as wr in some leagues. IF he is in yours nab him and put him in.

Rawls/McKissic/Gallman would be after I drop Rawls, and I would likely put them in for Cohen. Definitely not sitting Hyde, I feel like he is going to be a volume monster this year

hikeNbike

Need some advice in two leagues. One league I need to choose between 2 pretty good options. Wish I had till Sunday to decide, but Alex Smith plays Thursday so decision is needed soon. Alex Smith against Oakland Thursday or wait and play Mariotta against Cleveland.

The other I need some long shot fill in receivers. Had a pretty darn good team to start with but lost Beckham and Rodgers now and my 6-0 team will be lucky to win another game the way its going. Stafford is the backup but he is one a bye, so went with Tyrod Taylor best I could do from the waiver wire, but at least he has a good schedule in the short term. Right now Im playing Tyreek Hill, Martavius Bryant, and John Brown. Really only feel like Hill is an acceptable starter at this point, but not many options. Ive got a boom or bust and mostly bust Watkins or Shepherd against legion of boom. I could also get JuJu Smith Schuster or Zay Jones off waivers. Or maybe another fill in throw a name out type. Maybe Treadwell?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Phicinfan

Administrator
Need some advice in two leagues. One league I need to choose between 2 pretty good options. Wish I had till Sunday to decide, but Alex Smith plays Thursday so decision is needed soon. Alex Smith against Oakland Thursday or wait and play Mariotta against Cleveland.
Don't think you can go wrong here. I will say though Tenn. will run and run and run some more, so A.Smith may be the better play.

The other I need some long shot fill in receivers. Had a pretty darn good team to start with but lost Beckham and Rodgers now and my 6-0 team will be lucky to win another game the way its going. Stafford is the backup but he is one a bye, so went with Tyrod Taylor best I could do from the waiver wire, but at least he has a good schedule in the short term. Right now Im playing Tyreek Hill, Martavius Bryant, and John Brown. Really only feel like Hill is an acceptable starter at this point, but not many options. Ive got a boom or bust and mostly bust Watkins or Shepherd against legion of boom. I could also get JuJu Smith Schuster or Zay Jones off waivers. Or maybe another fill in throw a name out type. Maybe Treadwell?
IF Sheppard is playing, and not hurt I would start him. he was doing well, but then got hurt and NYG are hurting at Wr. If not.... I am fine with Hill and Brown. As for Bryant.....he is way too hot and cold. But they are playing the Bengals.

Don't touch Watkins or Zay, if this was dynasty Jones is a great option, but not this year. so you can decide between Schuster or Bryant vs. Bengals def.

gizzil

Standard...

Blount vs WAS (Smallwood returns, mon night)
Ivory @ IND (Fournette Doubtful)
Keenan Allen vs DEN (hurt, may not play, vs denver)

I was all Blount after I heard Allen was injured during practice... But now Smallwood may be coming back.

gizzil

Yeah I really wanted to play blount but I don't know if I can pass up Ivory now.

OK so as long as I am here... .5 ppr

Starting Cobb vs NO and Dion Lewis vs ATL, Would you take a chance on Jordan Matthews vs TB his first game back and with a special glove?

Phicinfan

Administrator
I would go blount, as I hear Fournette may play but not as much

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Fournette was ruled inactive at 10:30 Central but Ivory wasn't any savior today. Too bad because I had him in. Not a terrible game but he didn't help folks win this week.