TB WR news

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Bucs signed fourth-round WR Mike Williams to a four-year contract.

Ranked by many in the Bucs offense as the second-best receiver in the draft, Williams' stock dropped due to character concerns. A dynamic red-zone playmaker coming from a pro-style offense at Syracuse, Williams should earn a starting job this summer. He's a legit candidate to lead all rookie receivers in fantasy points.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Runnik's Hambones

I still believe he's the best reciever in this years draft next to Dez Bryant. Reports are that the deal could be worth up to $3.15 M. That's a pretty damn good deal for a rookie. I'm thinking about getting his jersey :D

Coachnorm

I still believe he's the best reciever in this years draft next to Dez Bryant. Reports are that the deal could be worth up to $3.15 M. That's a pretty damn good deal for a rookie. I'm thinking about getting his jersey :D

You better, The Bucs have to pay for that $3.15 million somehow. :grin: :hug:

I know those Fantasy Football Outlaws will do some in depth Bucs coverage but a I will throw out some impressions from what I have read.

In OTAs so far Rookie WR Mike Williams looks good enough to be a starter for the Bucs. Benn did not look as good as fellow rookie Mike Williams in OTAs, the St. Petersburg Times reports. Analysis: Arrelious Benn is looking good as well but Sammie Stroughter is making a strong impression also. Benn may not be a lock for a starting WR spot after all, but there is still a lot of time left in the offseason for things to play out.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Buccaneers signed second-round WR Arrelious Benn to a four-year contract, including a $2.1 million signing bonus.

Though he was overshadowed by fourth-rounder Mike Williams in OTAs, Benn's after-the-catch ability should play better in full contact drills. Like Williams, he'll have to beat out veterans Michael Clayton and Reggie Brown for a starting role. There's a good chance both rookies will do so.
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Runnik's Hambones

I'm happy we got those two receivers signed. I seriously think we'll see Mike Williams, Benn, Stroughter as the 3 starters. Along with Winslow and a healthy Caddy, I'm pretty damn excited.

Bayton

there is another receiver I am interested to see at training camp. Preston Parker, he was special in college until he was kicked off the team. Anyway, curious to see how he looks.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
We're headed to Bucs Training Camp starting this weekend... I'm sure there will be pictures to follow :nod:

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
there is another receiver I am interested to see at training camp. Preston Parker, he was special in college until he was kicked off the team. Anyway, curious to see how he looks.

I'm looking forward to this as well. From what I hear, he'll be playing exclusively special teams this year. But he has the potential to work his way up the depth chart and possibly compete for a starting job. He's got the talent if he can keep his nose clean.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Rookie Mike Williams is getting "a lot of first-team work" as the Bucs' split end at the start of training camp.

Asked why a rookie is getting so much action with the starters, coach Raheem Morris answered "he's earned it." By all accounts, Williams was the Bucs' best wide receiver in spring drills. He's easily the most talented wideout on the roster, and remains our favorite to lead the team in receiving this year.
Source: Buccaneers on Twitter

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
rotoworld,
Rookie Mike Williams is getting "a lot of first-team work" as the Bucs' split end at the start of training camp.

Asked why a rookie is getting so much action with the starters, coach Raheem Morris answered "he's earned it." By all accounts, Williams was the Bucs' best wide receiver in spring drills. He's easily the most talented wideout on the roster, and remains our favorite to lead the team in receiving this year.
Source: Buccaneers on Twitter

Just got back from Bucs camp. Williams did get a ton of snaps with first team today. He looked pretty good too. He may get the starting job in week 1.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Mike looked solid in drills too. Man, he's just fun to watch! He's just the kind of competition veteran Reggie Brown needs to step up and finally be somebody.

I'm not letting hope go on Arrelious Benn. He may be behind Mike at the moment, but he's got the technique and potential to soar. Sammie Straughter is really excelling in the slot and on returns.

Who made the most exciting catch of the day?
Perhaps the best highlight reel play of training camp came on a pass from Carpenter to Nunn. Carpenter threw a jump ball to Nunn in double coverage along the sideline about 20 yards downfield. Three players leapt for the ball: Nunn, Mack, and Piscitelli. The 6-foot Nunn did not get higher than the defenders, but he timed his jump better and came down with the ball. Piscitelli fell to the ground out of bounds, and Nunn was raced downfield for a touchdown with Mack in pursuit. It was a phenomenal catch and the entire offense celebrated with hip bumps and high-fives. The crowd roared for Nunn.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Pewter Report :: Index