Suspensions be damned!

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Well I had 3 drafts this weekend and in all three I 'reached' to pick L. Bell and M. Gordon. And by reached I mean I took them ahead of their actual ADP and got them about where I thought they should have been picked.

In one league I got Bell with the 4th pk in the 2nd rd and Gordon with the 7th pk in the 7th rd.

In another, Bell 4th pk in 1st rd and Gordon 4th in the 5th.

My other league I had the first pk so I gambled that Bell would come back to me but he was taken 2 picks ahead of my 2nd pk (almost worked) but I did get Gordon in the 6th.

I decided to try and make this strategy pay off long term and I managed to get them paired with another quality player.
Bell with:
league 1 - L. McCoy, L. Murry, M. Jones
league 2 - M. Forte, J. Stewart, R. Jennings, D. Williams (handcuff)

Gordon with:
league 1 - D. Hopkins, K. Allen, J. Macklin
league 2 - D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, D. Jackson, T. Austin, K. White
league 3 - A. Brown, A. Hurns, V. Jackson, D. Jackson

So as I look at my rosters I can clearly see the potential value of this strategy. If Bell and Gordon come back and be the studs that they have shown themselves to be then I will have at the very least first rd production from both RB and WR slots and in several instances (especially at WR) 2 players with potential first rd production from the same position.

If I make it to wk 5 at or above .500 the rest of the year should be gravy!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I took Bell with the 4th pick in round 4 and barring injury (last year) I expect to have the steal of the draft. I'll roll with Freeman and Gio with Henry on the bench and cross my fingers the first month but I like my chances in a ppr league. Hopkins and Landry are my starters at WR. 12 team league.

ExperiencedRookie

I took Bell with the 4th pick in round 4 and barring injury (last year) I expect to have the steal of the draft. I'll roll with Freeman and Gio with Henry on the bench and cross my fingers the first month but I like my chances in a ppr league. Hopkins and Landry are my starters at WR. 12 team league.
Those are all lovely plays for a PPR league.

Leveon in the 4th?!? That's highway robbery

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Yeah, It's a league he plays in against 3rd graders so he keeps his championship numbers growing. :D

Actually, though I have made the 4 team playoffs all four years thus far second place is my highest finish. Those kids are great though at getting my electronics to function.