State of the NFL

Remote Controller

I am convinced we won't be able to even practice our pastime in the near future and that could begin this year. It's one thing to weather injuries, it's total other thing when players start pulling this.

DeAndre Hopkins Reportedly Not at Texans Practice Due to Bob McNair's Comments

Things in Vegas have got to be shaky also. I don't even enjoy this like I use to. It is getting to the point where the players ARE trying to run the asylum.

I predict no NFL soon.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Oh good grief. Please, hasn't there been enough histrionics already?

The owner was ridiculous to do what he did, and the players over reacted. If you think Hopkins was the only one, you are insane. Last time I checked, the players haven't gotten a single thing out of this, nor has owners by the by.

Once everyone stops over reacting to this crap it will go away and be a non-story.

Remote Controller

I respond to you the way you respond to me. You hold the keys and love to power play.

Your opinion is always fine. It's the dismissiveness that is attached to it that makes it so pleasant.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I respond to you the way you respond to me. You hold the keys and love to power play.

Your opinion is always fine. It's the dismissiveness that is attached to it that makes it so pleasant.
Sorry, I am kind of tired of all the whining on this, not directed at you, but in general. I am tired of players whining on how bad it is, I don't think they have all that real of an idea. I am tired of owners griping, they make millions and millions off of this league, and they want even more. I am also tired of this society and its PC antics and then the other side over dramatizing it. I was not calling you out, and if it seemed that way my apologies.

then again, color me not surprised you are the one to start this thread either.

Remote Controller

The next negotiations between players and owners will be very interesting and I see no way that season is played with the current state of things. It also sounds like Goodell is toast..

Phicinfan

Administrator
The next negotiations between players and owners will be very interesting and I see no way that season is played with the current state of things. It also sounds like Goodell is toast..
by all reports his extension is being held up. Not sure why they are blaming Goodell, its the owners who really have the power. Yeah, I saw the note where the NFL never replied to the meeting invite from the players, that is NOT a good sign.

Arctic Dawgs

Not sure why they are blaming Goodell, its the owners who really have the power.

Not too sure on this. Seems to me that I read once that the players are actually classed as employees of the NFL, not the team they play for. Not sure how that would factor in, but I imagine it would make it a cock-up as Goodell is an employee of the owners

efactor

Coming at you
Speaking as a die hard football fan who would require an extreme amount of disgust to stop paying attention.

-I am getting close to being there. EVERYTHING is soooooooooooooo dramatic. "The owner hurt our feelings by using a age old saying (which I often use myself). He must be racist, because you know, everyone secretly is, well except for African Americans, because, you know, it's impossible for an African American to be racist. Let's show them and kneel in unity before the game". Starting to remind me of Hollywood celebrities who think the average American actually gives a flying fock about their opinions on social or political issues. I have already completely stopped watching the NBA. I watch absolutely zero MLB except for the SF Giants and I didn't watch much this year because they sucked. If not for FF, I wouldn't watch as much football as I do. I already have dropped Sunday Ticket due to NFL BS and DTV crappy customer service. I will still play FF, but no longer feel the need to watch the games. If somebody as fanatical about football is starting to feel this way, then I can only imagine how more casual fans are turning away and I see very little interest (virtually zero) in the NFL by kids these days. I was already a full fledged fan at age 10. You don't see that anymore. The fan base is deteriorating and the players are not helping by being a bunch of sensitive drama queens (Hopkins) about every perceived slight.

League is in for a rude awakening if they think people won't stop watching because they can't live without football.....................

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Without fantasy I'd watch 1 NFL game each week. The Saints and that's it. Because of fantasy I seldom miss a game unless bed time at work interferes. Haven't watched the NBA regularly since Magic and Bird. Did tune in for Shack though (LSU). Dumped MLB when they shunned Rose for the HOF and surprised myself this week watch some world series. Gave up golf when Tiger started sucking. Never dreamed of watching soccer or hockey. I do college sports. Baseball, football, basketball, and track. Women's gymnastics will do on a rainy day. "Pros" piss me off to a degree that isn't exactly healthy for me. Hate that bums make 10-20 million a year and whine. Hate that they are blessed with the talent to have this job and they can't keep their asses out of trouble. Hate reading about their fights with their baby mom-mas. Despise them for treating our flag and anthem so blatantly bad. I knew better before I was 10.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I see very little interest (virtually zero) in the NFL by kids these days. I was already a full fledged fan at age 10. You don't see that anymore.

This comment took me by surprise...not saying what you are seeing is not true...but I can say that around here that is just not the case. I see that comment in regards to baseball...kids just don't seem to care or watch...but not football. I see kids watching...playing...and wearing team gear everywhere during football season....both NFL and CFB. This is the first I have heard someone say the NFL has a youth issue...the sport does have a growing players wanting to play issue due to head injury awareness...but seems like the passion is still there from young fans.

Last edited: