SO Members Mock Draft Disscussion Thread

bobbeaux

This is extremely inaccurate. Jennings is a stud. This is a kid that had he stayed at Pitt would've kept LeSean McCoy on the bench. A 231 pd kid that runs a 4.4. If Matt Forte is like Beanie Wells, then I guess its a good comparison, but Jennings is nearly a clone of wells. A good power back with great speed, exceptional hands, and good character. I love this kid.
QUOTE]

yeah, maybe i am a bit off . . . i was thinking forte was a bit bigger than he is listed . . . i think both forte and jennings are studs . . . i also think if forte goes down, jennings can step right in and they shouldn't miss a beat, but what i was meaning is that there were some smaller backs that might be a better compliment to forte, but then again with chicago's bruising style, maybe not . . . ;)

Arctic Dawgs

Seahawks draft. I haven't done a very good job here. Having Unger go early really through me off.

My plan was Smith/Monroe in rd #1, Mack/Unger in rd #2, and RB in rd #3

The way everything happened I should have taken Wood in rd #2, and Jennings in rd #3.

For anyone that feels I have placed too much importance on getting a RB for the Seahawks please note:

Seattles RB's : Jones, Duckett, Forsett, Schmitt

Those guys with a weak, aging Oline is not a good thing

Brown is probably a real steal at this point

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Yeah I think Brown is a great pick, I personally rate him higher than Jennings. This is a guy the Hawks should love to get at this point.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
The Johnson selection may been seen as a reach by some, however, at this point in the draft I feel it is important to get players that fit what your trying to do and that can come in and fill needs. Johnson is a shifty runner with great explosion and vision. While he does not have elite speed, he is very quick and agile. He will be able to help the return game and serve as a change of pace back in compliment of Cedric Benson. This is a guy I am very high on and did not want to risk missing out on this guy by waiting another round. This kid is simply a football player and I'd love to see him in Bengal stripes next fall.

bobbeaux

Seahawks draft. I haven't done a very good job here. Having Unger go early really through me off.

My plan was Smith/Monroe in rd #1, Mack/Unger in rd #2, and RB in rd #3

The way everything happened I should have taken Wood in rd #2, and Jennings in rd #3.

For anyone that feels I have placed too much importance on getting a RB for the Seahawks please note:

Seattles RB's : Jones, Duckett, Forsett, Schmitt

Those guys with a weak, aging Oline is not a good thing

Brown is probably a real steal at this point

you could probably use an upgrade at rb, but the oline hasn't been the same since hutchinson left . . . addressing the oline earlier will make the whole offense better, as well as having legitimate targets at wr . . . i was looking at jennings and brown for the texans . . . quite a few quality rb's in this range . . . ;)

bobbeaux

The Johnson selection may been seen as a reach by some, however, at this point in the draft I feel it is important to get players that fit what your trying to do and that can come in and fill needs. Johnson is a shifty runner with great explosion and vision. While he does not have elite speed, he is very quick and agile. He will be able to help the return game and serve as a change of pace back in compliment of Cedric Benson. This is a guy I am very high on and did not want to risk missing out on this guy by waiting another round. This kid is simply a football player and I'd love to see him in Bengal stripes next fall.

maybe a slight reach, but i like this pick . . . ;)

ps, they are getting low on johnsons on this team . . . lol . . . ;)

jmsmith1

Yeah I think Brown is a great pick, I personally rate him higher than Jennings. This is a guy the Hawks should love to get at this point.

You're not the first person that I've seen say this and I think they are both quality backs. I think Brown has alot more upside, but I think Jennings is right now the better back.

My critiques:

Kansas City - While I think Kyle Moore could end being a productive rotational DE, I think there were a Big 10 and Division II DE that are much better suited for the Chiefs attack. He also had knee surgery in 08 so durability becomes a concern. But having said that, he was often overshadowed by the talent on USC's roster and he could be a gem in waiting. But I think this was a reach in round 4 when there are more proven commodities out there.

St. Louis - With the release of Torry Holt, it was eventual that the Rams would have to find a new WR. Ramses Barden is a big target...at 6-6 and 227, he reminds me of a slower version of Matt Jones (except he wont be making a transition from QB to WR). He's got a lot of potential and will be a red zone threat. He's used to having the ball in his hands, averaging 131 yds and a score in each game this year. He's got great leaping ability and is a long strider that will definitely help the Rams this year. I like this pick alot.

Cleveland - I chose Chip Vaughn, the SS out of Wake Forest for a couple of reasons. First, with the loss of Sean Jones to FA, their was a need right away that hadnt been addressed. And I dont consider Mike Adams a good replacement. Vaughn is fast, strong, and athletic. He's not afraid to come up and play the run at all. He's a blue collar kid that seems built for SS.

Seattle - I dont think Seattle made a poor choice with Andre Brown. Believe it or not, I was thinking about him with the Giants back in the third round after Jennings was selected. He's a bruiser but he was banged up alot in college. I really think that will serve him better as a pro because he's got less miles on him. He's a good compliment to Jones, and with the loss of Morris to FA, I can see the need for depth here. He's definitely an upgrade over Duckett and is reminiscent of Shawn Alexander, who led them to playoffs consistently. Nice selection.

Cincy - Some might not like this pick since the Been-to-Jails need to keep upgradinig, but they havent had a solid running game since Rudy Johnson's first two years. Jeremiah Johnson can catch out of the backfield, cut on a dime, and push the pile. I love the pick for this team, but my only problem is that you took him in round 4. Seeing as how this ends in 4 rounds, I can understand, but in a 7 round mock....he's more of a late 5th to early 6th round projection, but I think a good one for Cincy.

jmsmith1

I'm going to start to issue my grades for each team as they finish their 4 rounds. Feel free to discuss, dispute, agree, or anything on the grades I give!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Cincy - Some might not like this pick since the Been-to-Jails need to keep upgradinig, but they havent had a solid running game since Rudy Johnson's first two years. Jeremiah Johnson can catch out of the backfield, cut on a dime, and push the pile. I love the pick for this team, but my only problem is that you took him in round 4. Seeing as how this ends in 4 rounds, I can understand, but in a 7 round mock....he's more of a late 5th to early 6th round projection, but I think a good one for Cincy.
My only disagreement is that you call him a 5th to 6th round guy, I don't think he is, I think he's a 4th to 5th round guy and if I'm Cincy I don't gamble that he's around in the 5th. I take him in the 4th and feel very happy with it. Even if this is a 7rd mock, he'd still be my pick to be honest. Just not interested in missing out on targets at this point. I feel you should get the players you want and rank the highest on your board, and Jer Johnson is just one of those players for me.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Love the Massaquoi pick. He was the WR I was referring to in an earlier post that I was about to select before I made my actual 3rd round selection. He's a young Hines Ward clone, right down to size and college, and willingness to take a backseat in the receiving game to deliver a solid downfield block. Good character showed through this year as he acted as a mentor to highly touted freshman WR A.J. Green.

jmsmith1

Damn you Green Bay...I was going to take Bruton!!! This kid is 6-2, 219 and was 1 of only 2 safeties to break 4.5, running a 4.47. He's an undisputed leader on defense, will do anything you ask of him, and is extremely intelligent. Single handedly saved ND's defense on several occasions and is as high as the #4 safety on some boards. I love this kid and I loathe you for stealing my GEM of the draft!! Great pick!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Damn you Green Bay...I was going to take Bruton!!! This kid is 6-2, 219 and was 1 of only 2 safeties to break 4.5, running a 4.47. He's an undisputed leader on defense, will do anything you ask of him, and is extremely intelligent. Single handedly saved ND's defense on several occasions and is as high as the #4 safety on some boards. I love this kid and I loathe you for stealing my GEM of the draft!! Great pick!
And this is why at this point in the draft my personal belief is if there is someone you must have, take them what may be perceived as early to assure you get him and don't end up thinking "damn you" on draft day ;)