So... Did You Start Lowtower This Week?

cctekguy

Staff member
Solid play, safe bet, nice match-up.

OOPS, up jumps the Shanny.

Riding Hightower for 3 weeks, got Helu as a handcuff and life is good.

There was absolutely NO REASON for a change in the Washington backfield.

....but who is this?

IT'S WAIVER WIRE TORAIN RACING IN TO SAVE THE DAY.

135 yards and a TD while Hightower barely saw the field.

Sorry to all you Hightower owners but did you really think your 5th round pick would last?

...not that he's finished or anything but good luck deciding whether to start him or not.

That evil villain SHANNY has foiled your plans. Muwahahahaha

Coachnorm

Sum Bitch duz it every year........... But you warned everybody!!

Nice win in SOFFL 2....... Must have been intense waiting for Ray Rice to win the game for you after his Steeler D to put up a goose egg to open the door.

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
I did in Hired Guns...thought about taking him out after reading that Shanny was looking at Torain but figured I could make it through at least one more week.

His 3.8 is more than I'd have got if I'd plugged in Devery Henderson, Emmanuel Sanders, or the injured Amendola, however, if I'd started Marion Barber or Visnathe Shiancoe I'd be in a bit better shape heading to tonight's game.

Bayton

I have hightower in a few leagues and have been using him. Although, I benched him this week in all leagues were feasible. Not for any reason specific, I just didn't have a good feeling about playing him and it ended up being a good decision. Also, Hightower was starting to lose carries toward the end of games, so that wasn't a positive sign.

He got dinged up in this game so that's part of the reason the door for Torain opened up. Helu, I see him more as the change of pace back with Hightower and Torain as the potential majority ball carriers. In Outlaw county I have Torain, Hightower and Wells, thankfully Wells' performance made that decision easy outta that three.

Coachnorm

Coach Mike Shanahan said that he noticed in practice throughout last week that Tim Hightower seemed sluggish and that Torain was "at a different level, a little bit more fresh than the rest of the guys," the Washington Post reports. Torain racked up 135 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries Sunday, after not recording a carry through the Redskins' first three games.

2minutedrill

Just like Shanahan, Tekkie was lucky to win by 3 and Mud beat me in our $$$ league by 3 (189-192 wow). In SOFFL 2 all i had to do was just about play anyone else!!!. Mud, well he's just a lucky son of a gun.

HOWEVER, i now know that this was meant to be. Right after the stupid night game I let out one of my dogs to pee. On her way back (no more than 30 ft away) she gets skunked!!. So for the next hr i'm washing her, the whole house sinks and still stinks! Wife thinks tomato juice kills the smell and i know it dont but guess what, my dog now smells like tomato juice! I think hydrogen peroxide may work because the two highly volatile thiols, (E)-2 butene-1-thiol and 3-methyl-1-butanethiol mixed with peroxide will produce oxygen. Anyone know for sure??

Hah!! thought i was smart for a second there didn't ya? i have no clue what that means.

cctekguy

Staff member
I don't recognize thiols as being volatile however the acid in the tomato juice will react with the H2O2 and create oxygen.

I assume that skunk spunk is basic since an acid is recommended as the neutralizer. Peroxide is also basic (extremely) so I don't see it helping the problem.

Peroxide also intruduces another interesting aspect. Ever heard of a "peroxide blonde"?

You may have to rename your dog "Snowball".

If I had to just guess at a de-skunker I would say a strong solution of sodium bi-carbonate (baking soda). Or maybe even just a heavy layer of the powder.

#1bears fan

and now a bye week to sit on.....who the heck knows what shannanigans will happen now!! I own Hightower but I guess its just time to walk away from Washingtons backfield until someone gets hurt. Everyone else can fight over torain Ill grab Ridley!!

2minutedrill

I don't recognize thiols as being volatile however the acid in the tomato juice will react with the H2O2 and create oxygen.

I assume that skunk spunk is basic since an acid is recommended as the neutralizer. Peroxide is also basic (extremely) so I don't see it helping the problem.

Peroxide also intruduces another interesting aspect. Ever heard of a "peroxide blonde"?

You may have to rename your dog "Snowball".

If I had to just guess at a de-skunker I would say a strong solution of sodium bi-carbonate (baking soda). Or maybe even just a heavy layer of the powder.

Thanks tekkie I'll take it with a grain of salt like all the other "advice" u give me. Btw baking soda = base.

(for real thx buddy!)

RLLD

Torain will be the next ratface debacle, give you a few good weeks, then disappear while shanny runs out some other guy...

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Torain will be the next ratface debacle, give you a few good weeks, then disappear while shanny runs out some other guy...
:nono: It will be Torain's propensity to get hurt that will kill the value. He will be a solid play for a week or two, then gone due to injury. Book it now.

I actually am trying to get him on waivers, so I can deal him for value...before he implodes....Bwahahahahahaha