Sanchez to Enter NFL Draft

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i was surprised by this decision because i dont feel like hes that great of a prospect, and then suddenly i hear them talking on espn about how hes going to suddenly contend for the #1 qb spot and could likely wind up being the best pro QB in the draft? what? really???

Coachnorm

i was surprised by this decision because i dont feel like hes that great of a prospect, and then suddenly i hear them talking on espn about how hes going to suddenly contend for the #1 qb spot and could likely wind up being the best pro QB in the draft? what? really???

I am not really surprised by the decision now. Earlier I would have been more surprised. Of course he is gong to talk like this, it's just PR. You don't announce you are going to enter the draft because you think you are the fifth best QB. With Sam Bradford not going to the NFL his draft status has elevated 10 picks or so. Probably a couple of million extra bucks.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
As soon as Bradford announced he was staying, Sanchez was a lock to come out. He's now in that #2 QB spot and it's his to blow. As far as his pro prospects......I'd stay away, I don't like him that much and feel he needed to stay another year. That said, I think someone jumps at him in the mid to late 1st round.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
As soon as Bradford announced he was staying, Sanchez was a lock to come out. He's now in that #2 QB spot and it's his to blow. As far as his pro prospects......I'd stay away, I don't like him that much and feel he needed to stay another year. That said, I think someone jumps at him in the mid to late 1st round.

With USC players struggling in the NFL lately on top of his inexperience... :shake:

Jetdoc

Sanchez (USC QB) leaving for NFL Draft

Just waiting for remote to make a Dirty Sanchez joke...

First QB picked? Sanchez leaving USC for NFL - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com

LOS ANGELES - Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez will skip his senior season to enter the NFL draft.

Sanchez and Georgia’s Matthew Stafford, another junior coming out early, are considered the top two quarterback prospects in the draft. Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford of Oklahoma decided to return to school.

Sanchez is coming off a spectacular Rose Bowl against Penn State. The fourth-year junior went 28-for-35, setting a Rose Bowl record by completing 80 percent of his passes. He threw for 413 yards and four touchdowns, and also ran for a score in the Trojans’ 38-24 victory.