Saints RB Pierre Thomas to return Week 13?

Coachnorm

Injured running back Pierre Thomas could make his long-anticipated return to active duty Sunday in an important road game against the Cincinnati Bengals, New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton said Tuesday night. Payton said Thomas has "turned the corner'' in his rehabilitation/recovery from a severely sprained left ankle that has sidelined him the past eight games and triggered widespread speculation as to the nature of the injury.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think they will hold him out one more game. The Saints should smoke the Bengals by 3 TDs as is.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I am curious about PT's future in N.O. He is a UFA at the end of the year, and I know the HC was really down on how long it has taken him to get over this. Add to that the pretty solid play of Ivory. Just wondering :dunno:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I feel his future in the Big Easy depends on how he plays down the stretch. The Saints need PT if they're going to have a shot at repeating this season and Chris, for all of his heart, just isn't an elite back that can carry this team into the superbowl.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I feel his future in the Big Easy depends on how he plays down the stretch. The Saints need PT if they're going to have a shot at repeating this season and Chris, for all of his heart, just isn't an elite back that can carry this team into the superbowl.
Not that I disagree with you, but that is EXACTLY what was said about PT before he took over. Please remember that Ivory is a rookie. He could improve and learn, he may not, but could.

I am not sure you NEED a stud back in N.O. with their offense. You just need a plow horse.

Tamaryth

PT was one of my favorites last year and when I heard he wouldn't be playing for most of the season I was worried. But, now I worry about all of these injured players coming back. Look what Bush did. Sure they are great players; however, the team has practiced and played and become used to what they have (succesfully for the most part) and all of these shake-ups in the roster seem to cause chaos and confusion.

But, don't listen to me. I am superstitious about these things.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
cbssports.com,
The same day that Saints coach Sean Payton said that RB Pierre Thomas (ankle) could be a game-time decision for Week 13, Thomas missed practice Wednesday.

Analysis: Fantasy owners have to be sick of Payton's antics with his injured running backs this season, and they would be crazy to put Thomas in their lineup before they've seen him carry the ball after the whole Reggie Bush mess a couple of weeks ago. If Thomas does play in Week 13, he would be a highly risky Fantasy play in even the deepest of formats

In other Saints news today Shockey practiced in full.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Oh boy, gotta love these conflicting reports.

Rotoworld,
Saints coach Sean Payton said Wednesday that Pierre Thomas (ankle) will be a game-time decision at Cincinnati.

Thomas returned to practice Wednesday, albeit in a "limited" manner. Payton reiterated that Thomas has "turned a corner" in his lengthy recovery. Though he isn't going to be a fantasy option after a nine-week layoff, Thomas' return would hurt the fantasy outlooks for Julius Jones, Chris Ivory, and Reggie Bush. The Saints' backfield is best left avoided going forward.
Source: Jeff Duncan on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Pierre Thomas told reporters after Wednesday's limited practice that his ankle is "90 percent" healthy.

Thomas also insisted that he was not actually limited in any way during the workout, even fielding some kickoffs and working with both the first- and scout-team offenses. "Either I'm gonna play or I might hold out," Thomas said of his Week 13 status. "But strongly I think I'm going in the right direction and I might be suiting up. So I'm happy about that."
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune