Saban has No interest in the NFL

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
He stressed in Monday's presser that he has no "unfinished business" in pro football. While I think he'd be a fool to jump back into coaching grown men instead of kids I remember the same statements before he left LSU for the Dolphins. Nick can't bully grown men and should stay in the college game though he sure isn't making life fun in the SEC West for me.

cctekguy

Staff member
I don't know why he'd want to coach in the NFL.

Those "grown men" you speak of are more childish than the kids. Coaching at an elite level is hard enough without having to tip toe around inflated egos....egos that can make you or break you.

Stay in the NCAA, Stay on top and sleep well at night.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay well if we go by past history, that means he will be coaching this year in the NFL.

romanempire

It still hurts though to pull for 'Bama and much less Saban.:wink:

I don't necessarily pull other SEC teams because I think the whole "SEC loyalty" thing is goofy. I will generally pull for teams in the east, Florida, SC, Georgia. But under no circumstances will I pull for Ol Miss, Bama, or Arkansas.

As for Saban, the reason he didn't make it in the NFL is because f his own ego. He refused to tone it down like Belichick did. Also, turning down Drew Brees was a huge mistake. He was trying to do things on the cheap.