Ronnie Hillman's value

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
I just got an offer from a coach that is 3-1 with a strong team for Ronnie Hillman. Wants to send me his 2013 1st round pick for the guy. Really?

1st of all, I'm a very RB needy team, so for the Broncos to even consider playing Hillman on 3rd downs and throw to him in a PPR league has some value to me. It's clear McGahee is the man there, but he's old.

I guess it comes down to whether or not Hillman can be a 3 down RB. Can he be a starter in a Manning offense and put up decent PPR fantasy numbers? Or should I capitalize and grab this guys pick? Draft isn't overly deep next year but I think I could have a shot at one of the QB's around pick 8 or 9.

Thoughts? Hold or Sell?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Sounds like it will be a late mid to late rd pick, so the value of the pick needs to be weighed. I think it's too early to say with any certainty at all if Hillman will end up as anything. Being that you really need RB's, may be worth the gamble to hold for now. If you take a RB in that spot next yr, it will be on a gamble just like Hillman, at least here you know his situation.

However, if your not high on him, this is a good offer. Just comes down to the bird in your hand or the bird in the bush.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Yep..mid to late round for sure. I'd probably focus on taking one of the QB's in next years draft. So if I pulled the trigger I'd be saying that I believe Hillman won't be a 3 down back for the Broncos and that they will bring someone in. I don't know what to think about him. While McGahee is there I could see him be a 3rd down guy and catch some balls which gives him some flex consideration in our PPR league. But if he never ends up being the McGahee on that team, I'm not sure it's the guy I need.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm not sure I see him being a workhorse 3 down back in the league. Maybe a RBBC guy.....

deuce4321

Driller
What's your record. Can you win this year? If not I would take this deal. I am pretty low on hillman though.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'll drink to those ideas. Hail it's time for the LSU/Florida kickoff so I'll drink to anything right now.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
You would be trading potential for potential. You have to decide the value, but I agree with Miller, I don't see Hillman as an every down back.