Reggie Wayne: what's up?

For those of you who are Colts fans or own Reggie Wayne/Peyton Manning, is it just me or has Mr. Reliable, R. Wayne, been playing a little half hearted lately? Has he already received his new contract? If not, do you think he is showing his contempt with the Colts on the field? :eek

I own him on my FF team, he was my second pick. I've always had the highest respect for him. However, recently, I've noticed something different in the way he runs his routes, etc. His body language looks very unattached as well.

Thoughts?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Losing is running rampant on that team. Keep in mind Reggie has never really dealt with losing, and its showing.

maverick824

I own him in 2 leagues, seen a boatload of Colts games, it's not the money. Wayne's always been the consummate pro. I think a lot of his struggles have to do with the Colts injuries. No Addai, so no running threat. Collie, Clark, beat up O-line. Wayne is ho longer allowed to run free, he's getting safeties shading his side, the Colts are forced to get him the ball in more underneath routes instead of his normal post, go, and deep outs.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
You're spot on about the underneath routes Maverick. It's been frusterating watching him catch the short balls the last several weeks.

Vicious_Machine

Ummm... what????????

Are you not ALL being a little too greedy? Last time I checked, Wayne was top 5 in yards & top 3 in receptions (Too lazy to double check where he is right now, maybe 6th, but you get the idea).

The only thing is his TDs have dropped cause when Indy is near the red zone, no way in god green's earth is anybody leaving Wayne in single coverage.

As for Miller's comments, yes, SHOCKINGLY, the #2 pass D made it tough for him! :)

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
At this point in his career Wayne reminds me alot of the Tory Holt we saw around 06'/07'... Decent stats... Not much left in the tank...he's running on reserve IMO. He'll be overpaid for next year in redrafts based on his name.

maverick824

Even if he's "overpaid" for in redraft leagues, I still think he's a great mid 2nd-early 3rd pickup, for the EXACT reason you stated though. With Wayne, there simply isn't a "bust" factor with him. Look at this year. Some Wayne owners are disappointed in a top 5 WR! He may decline somewhat, but I agree with a GREAT article Miller wrote a few years back. Your top picks should be guys who will be consistent, not the guys who blow up one time. There's no safer pick than Wayne, guy has been the same his whole career.

Trickster

Come on...you all don't remember Wayne coming to training camp in his hard hat? This guy is ready to work everyday!!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I can't say nor did I that I'm dissapointed in his numbers but I did say he's catching the underneath passes since Clark went down and not the deep balls. Those go to Garcon now way more times than not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vicious_Machine

Even if he's "overpaid" for in redraft leagues, I still think he's a great mid 2nd-early 3rd pickup, for the EXACT reason you stated though. With Wayne, there simply isn't a "bust" factor with him. Look at this year. Some Wayne owners are disappointed in a top 5 WR! He may decline somewhat, but I agree with a GREAT article Miller wrote a few years back. Your top picks should be guys who will be consistent, not the guys who blow up one time. There's no safer pick than Wayne, guy has been the same his whole career.

Bang on!! His stats are exactly what you should be expecting from a 2nd-3rd rounder. Look at the other people drafted around/before him, Moss - Fitzgerald-Brandon Marshall. There are enough people to complain about this year, but Wayne is not one of them in my eyes, your expectations are just too high to be complaining based on the numbers he has put up.