Ray Rice : Fantasy Perspective

ExperiencedRookie

Ok fellas, where do you all stand on whether or not to keep Rice on your fantasy teams?

There really is no telling how many games he'll officially have his suspension extended to. If I had to guess, I'd say that the league will go with the new mandated 6 game suspension for first time offenders. I don't know how they could go for more when there are other current offenders who will be facing 6 games.

Then there's the question of whether or not another NFL team will pick him up and what he will bring to the table with a new team. He absolutely has the talent to be at least serviceable with almost any organization. Problem is that he'll have to learn a new offense mid-season and we saw how well that worked for Trent Richardson last year.

So what say you? Keep in mind, dropping him at this point probably equals picking up another player with very little value.

bodey24

Staff member
Ok fellas, where do you all stand on whether or not to keep Rice on your fantasy teams?

There really is no telling how many games he'll officially have his suspension extended to. If I had to guess, I'd say that the league will go with the new mandated 6 game suspension for first time offenders. I don't know how they could go for more when there are other current offenders who will be facing 6 games.

Then there's the question of whether or not another NFL team will pick him up and what he will bring to the table with a new team. He absolutely has the talent to be at least serviceable with almost any organization. Problem is that he'll have to learn a new offense mid-season and we saw how well that worked for Trent Richardson last year.

So what say you? Keep in mind, dropping him at this point probably equals picking up another player with very little value.

I don't think Trent Richardson is a good example. That dude just sucks.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well he is indefinately suspended, not just 6 games. And quite frankly I don't think a team touches him for at least a year or more. So unless you have alot of roster space, I would not keep him or touch him.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'd cut bait with the former talented RB who appears to have seen his best days nearly two years ago. Face it, he wasn't a "good" RB last year and a year off won't make him any better. That's if and If is a mighty big word to be so short, IF he ever plays again. The NFL got caught trying to skate him by and with egg on their face he's going to become a poster child for stupidity. I think he's done in the NFL.