rate the open jobs

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
Rate the open (& recently filled) jobs:

Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Miami, Minnesota, Pitt, Vanderbilt

If you think one of the non-BCS jobs is better than any of the above, include them too. They are Arkansas State, Ball State, Kent State, Louisiana-Lafayette, North Texas, Northern Illinois.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
My list:

1). Florida - great tradition, loaded with talent, great facilities, great fan support, great local talent base. The only negative, if it is one, is lofty expectations.

2). Pitt - good tradition, great local talent base, good facilities which they share with the NFL Steelers, easier path to BCS bowl in Big East. Negatives are that the facilities are off campus, being second fiddle to Penn State & the Big Ten, and possibly money.

3). Miami - great tradition, great local talent base, many great and very involved NFL alumni. Negatives are mediocre facilities, way off campus home stadium, mediocre fan support, mediocre administration support, private school with smaller local alumni base, other rising in-state programs (especially USF and UCF) competing for talent.

4). Minnesota - good tradition (though old), new outdoor stadium, only 1A program in large state, lots of money. Negatives are shallower local talent pool (but if you are the only shark...), lack of recent success, weather.

5). Indiana - Yes, here at #5. Positives are Big Ten $, flagship school, decent talent pools within reasonable distance. Negatives are terrible tradition, poor stadium, & facilities. But Indiana has that Big Ten $ rolling in, so they can pay to fix some of the programs. Less hurdles here than the ones I rank below.

6). Colorado - Positives are that they have proven capable of being a Natl. Championship contending top 10 program, decent local talent base, moving to Pac-10 will open up California recruiting further. Negatives: awful facilities, broke ass athletic department, no money, mediocre support, uncaring university administration.

7). Vanderbilt - Positives: like Nashville? SEC cache, academic cache. Negatives: small school, small local alumni base, mediocre fan support, school dumped its athletic department, tough to ever go to BCS bowl in top heavy SEC, academic requirements handcuff recruiting.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
Take a closer look at Colorado, and you may downgrade them a bit. They are cheap, no serious commitment to athletics. I think Indiana would be a better stepping stone job for a coach. Win at Indiana and you are a hot commodity.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Florida - do you really want to follow Meyer who followed Spurrier?

Pitt - Would be my first choice. Biggest requirement is to beat WVU then win the big east. Still alot of talent there.

Other teams are such a mess it will take several years to even be competitive again. And during that time several coaches will come and go.

Bucknut

Minnesota is a program just waiting to explode. They just need to get the right people in there.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Minnesota is interesting IF they get the right coach. I think Jerry Kill is the right man for the job up there.