QB Peyton Manning: Man On The Move?

Coachnorm

There has been some speculation that Peyton could be on the move if Andrew Luck is drafted by the Colts. Each year a couple of new faces appear in the playoffs by teams that were close the year before. The moving of such a top QB could be just the ticket for a lot of teams that have solid team and needs that key piece, a QB. The desire to move Manning could be great for the Colts as it could be some high picks involved for the Colts. I have read that Manning could pick a couple of top picks. At first I dismissed anybody giving up that many draft picks but then the Carson Palmer thing happened.

Let's not consider the cost so much for right now as it is early in the offseason and just consider the impact.

I have heard the local sports guys saying Miami Dolphins might be a great landing place for Peyton. That would also be quite an impact landing.

xqj47alpha

Banned
How on earth are the Colts getting away with throwing the season?

It's so obvious the front office had to go.

Sure, Manning could be on the move, but I suspect a former Colt could come calling.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't get the trade stuff.

If Indy invests the $28 Millon they have to in March, no way do they eat that and trade manning, I don't think they could afford to. He stays at least one year then.
Now, if they don't pay and he moves on...its either he is still not ready to play.....or he wants his release. But Manning will have to take a whole lot less to do this...and I don't see him doing it. Don't know.

Simply put...how much trade value can you get for a guy with a bad neck and a huge contract? :dunno:

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Don't know about that. Do know Indy doesn't have to give him the money. He would become trade material if they don't tho. And like already said, how much value does a QB have after 3 neck surgeries. Just one hit and he could be left in a wheel chair for life or even worse.

Personally i think he should hang up the cleats and become an analyst for some program or maybe even the QB coach somewhere if he wants to stay on the field per say.

bobbeaux

Personally i think he should hang up the cleats and become an analyst for some program or maybe even the QB coach somewhere if he wants to stay on the field per say.

for his benefit, i agree . . . he was basically the offensive coordinator for the colts already . . . ;)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I haven't heard that they have postponed the payment yet but there's been plenty of stories saying he'd consider doing so if need be.

xqj47alpha

Banned
The more this situation starts to smell like Four the more convinced I am it's Favre and away from being the same.

The Colts are covering their tracks over throwing the season to get the top pick in the draft.
Manning was a willing participant.
He'll probably be a player/coach next season and with any luck groom his heir.

Bull

Trading him is extremely unlikely. They either keep him or release him. If they pay the 28 mil, they keep him. If they don't, they release him. By not paying him his 28 mil, the Colts have to release him unless they work out some new hiccup in the deal and Manning agrees to it.
At this point I have no idea which it will be. I thought they would keep him regardless, but after they fired Polian, I don't know what to think now.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ownership has stated that if he is able to play they will pay him the $$. Of course folks have been known to lie.

RLLD

I would hate to think that Manning lowered himself to a Bellicheat level, but it would not surprise me if the Colts ownership did so....

We may never know, but I would think it would be wise to at least let the kid play behind Manning next season, develop for just a year, then hand it over....

Coachnorm

If Peyton were to end up on another team next year I would like to see The Arizona Cardinals give it a shot. They were close to paydirt with Kurt Warner. You know Peyton could light up Fitz, how much he could improve the other WRs??

Last edited by a moderator:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I always wanted him to finish his career back home in New Orleans but that won't happennow. I like your thoughts Coach.

Coachnorm

Wouldn't it be great if the SeaHawks had Peyton next year........ I think there is some WR talent there. The rest of the team has become very solid across the board. Peyton play action to Lynch...... some potential big holes there when you hand off..... some frozen in their tracks safeties when you throw. Dome and nice West Coast weather!!

Coachnorm

Interesting thought:

New York Giants QB Eli Manning said it would be fun to see his brother, Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning, join the New York Jets. "It would be fun," Manning said. "We could probably commute to work maybe, and, you know, come home, eat dinner together and have the kids be playing ... I'm not saying it's gonna happen or I want it to happen, but to have your brother that close to you and playing in New York would be very unique."