Preseason week 1

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Bengals run defense looks strong against the 1's.

first Falcons 3rd down, Quizz came in and Jackson off. early indications that he will keep that role.

A

Axe Elf

Giving your stud RB some relief in the first preseason game--always an indication of things to come!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
You really think he will be a 3 down back?

Think it's expected that Quizz will still be the 3rd down back, he is one of the best 3rd down back in the leagueafter all.

I think you will see clear defined roles there this year, just as you saw last year. With a weapon like Quizz, why would you wear down your vet back. Jackson will play the Turner role, and play it better than Turner.....but don't expect 40-50 receptions, just won't be there.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Chris Johnson busts off a big run, pre-season or not, nice to see him get in the open field.

A

Axe Elf

40 receptions for Jackson, absolutely. Why telegraph the play to opposing defenses when you have an Ironman RB that can catch as well as run?

A

Axe Elf

Opinions vary, but Axe Elf remains the bulwark against a sea of confusion.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
You need to toss your name in for SOFFL 3....would love to see elf boy gets beat down by some of the outlaws.

A

Axe Elf

Dude, I've already joined two Outlaws-related leagues since I got here a month ago--the Shut Up and Draft Fantasy Football League, which was named for me originally anyway when it started back in 2002 or so as a Fantasy Sports Wire board, and I'm a member of your Interboard League team, having participated in the IBL for FSW back in the day as well.

On top of that, I drafted an absent owner's team in the Shula League, so my fingerprints will kinda be on that team all season as well (and I'm sure the regular owner will thank me for it).

You only get so many chances to compete against a legend.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Lol, running scared....I don't blame ya.....I wouldn't want to go against me all year long either.

and I didn't ask your resume of leagues, suggested you toss your name in a league of mine....but I understand the hesitation :cool:

A

Axe Elf

You can pump your arms and cluck like a chicken all you like; I've dominated this game for so many years now that double dog dares don't mean a whole lot to me. If you're lucky, you'll learn from me now, and if you're unlucky, you'll donate to me one day in a money league.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Well I have faced you already.....you were pretty unforgettable and baked from ibl a year later....sure didn't see any domination, or anything to learn....but you should have stuck around another year, could have taught you something as I rolled to the best record in the ibl that following year.....I hope you can fare better this year representing us......

As far as leading, you have found a good place, there are many here for you to learn plenty from.....and you sure have a lot of learning to do......enjoy, maybe one year you'll feel up to the challenge.

ExperiencedRookie

Pulls out the measuring tape* Are we having a "who is the biggest" contest??

Best way to settle these things....is with a 3rd party

I should pick 10 player vs player matchups, all drafted right in the same ranges. We set a standard scoring set up.

You both email me the player you pick in each matchup. I will then post the list in a new thread. Sure, you can both end up picking a lot of the same players, but opinions are bound to vary. The goal is to just pick the higher scoring player thru week 16 of the regular season. Whoever gets the most correct picks wins. That's the measuring tape.

You boys dare to step up?

A

Axe Elf

you were pretty unforgettable

That's what she said.

and baked from ibl a year later

Assuming you mean "bailed"; yeah, I was pretty much out of fantasy football altogether from 2006 to 2008--initially because I was moving to Phoenix during fantasy season in 2006 and knew I wouldn't have the time for it that it deserved, and then in two subsequent years as I started new business ventures and a new marriage.

But while you can take the Elf out of fantasy football, you can't take the fantasy football out of the Elf.

A

Axe Elf

You both email me the player you pick in each matchup. I will then post the list in a new thread. Sure, you can both end up picking a lot of the same players, but opinions are bound to vary. The goal is to just pick the higher scoring player thru week 16 of the regular season. Whoever gets the most correct picks wins. That's the measuring tape.

Better yet, I'll tell you what players to target for 2013, and which players to avoid, and you can benefit from that as you win your leagues, and then when December rolls around, you can clap the erasers and turn out the lights on your way out of my classroom.

ExperiencedRookie

Better yet, I'll tell you what players to target for 2013, and which players to avoid, and you can benefit from that as you win your leagues, and then when December rolls around, you can clap the erasers and turn out the lights on your way out of my classroom.
That would suck all of the fun out of my team performing well. I'm no fool, and neither are many of the other board members here. I'm guessing they all do very well in their private leagues with family, friends, coworkers, etc etc.

My offer still stands to manage this little contest. Man up, put the talk away for a change, and show some action

A

Axe Elf

Yeah, like I said, I've been on top of the fantasy world for long enough that I don't have a lot to prove to anyone any more, so all the challenges, dares, chicken talk and other sophomoric attacks to the ego mean very little.

Now at LuDawgs dot com, they have an official board league that they have been trying to get me to enter for a couple of years now. But of course, I din't think I could be a good teacher to them and then turn around and compete against my students--it would be kind of a conflict of interest. There would always be the temptation to feed them bad information for my own personal advancement, when I would rather just lead them all to their own private victories in their own personal leagues.

But this year, the owner of the site has decided to donate $100 to the winner of the official league, which was originally just a $10 entry, 14 team league, so you do the math. However, he was so keen on having the living legend that is Axe Elf be a part of his site's league, that he has committed an additional $200 if I win the league, instead of the $100 that everyone else is eligible to earn.

Well, naturally, that got me interested enough to sign up for this year's league, but it's also been at a cost to them, as I feel like I am holding back some of my best tips and recommendations until after our draft takes place next Monday night.

Then there's another board--The Huddle--one that we are competing against in the InterBoard League, where I have taken on the challenge of a league with their members in which all the other owners drafted their teams in a normal snake draft, and then I chose my team from the free agents left over at the end of the draft. The only concession that I get is that I have the #1 waiver priority each and every week (for my first player picked each week; then I cycle through the order like everyone else for subsequent picks in that week). That one is a 10 team league with a $20 entry fee, and the perk is that if I win the league, I take home the entire $200 purse. If I place second or third, I get the normal payout for that finish.

So you see, if you want the once in a lifetime opportunity of private lessons from Axe Elf, you have to make it something kind of unusual or profitable for me. All the prancing around and clucking like a chicken just won't get it done. I entered the free SUDFFL and InterBoard leagues out of old times' sake and for the members who crossed over from FSW, but I'm not here to prove anything to anyone--I'm just here to help.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I read all of this. It reminds me of a rooster posturing around. ENTIRELY too much ego around here now a days.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Now back to the original point of this thread. ...

I am coming away very impressed by the depth on Seattle's D.

Also SD looks as bad as usual.