Pats WR Wes Welker To Miss Season Opener??

I agree with Mike. They have totally lost talent and ability on the O-line. It is one reason the ONLY rb I target for NE is Faulk, and that is in PPR leagues.

I also agree with Mike that the team saddled up last year.....but won't be able to this year. First because right now...there really is not back up. Walters...seriously??!?!?!

I also think that Randy Mosses out if Brady goes down again. He was a team player last year...won't be this year.

It will all come down to Brady though. If he can keep standing...he can get them to win games. If he goes out again.....this season is over. I also was counting on the defense being NE defense again...but I sure don't see it yet.

And what says that Randy Moss gives up on this team? He has been a standup citizen since he's arrived in New England. Has yet to cause any problems with the team and he's a good locker room presence.

Now he has his main QB back...watch out for Moss for this.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
And what says that Randy Moss gives up on this team? He has been a standup citizen since he's arrived in New England. Has yet to cause any problems with the team and he's a good locker room presence.

Now he has his main QB back...watch out for Moss for this.
History.

And please note I said most of this would be due to Brady not being there due to injury. Which is basically what you said in your long rant as well.

Mike

Administrator
especially from the more experienced guys saying that the Pats will only win 8-9 games this year and that they are old/declining...

Where would the fun in this be if we didn't go out on a limb early with stuff like this? :)

People will say that as long as Brady and Belichick are there, this team will continue to be great. It doesn't work that way.

You have surely noticed that Brady has been taking increased abuse since the middle of 2007. Teams are figuring out how to get to the QB in New England. I don't see anywhere that this offensive line has been significantly improved.

This league simply isn't set up anymore for teams to stay at the top. The Patriots have done a great job of staying on top longer than most teams can, but I just think they are about to slide down a couple notches, and this could be the year everyone notices it.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Gotta love the Patriots injury information.

gotta say, I would be concerned about the Pats offense this year. This injury, and Brady's injury. Also talk about bringing back Branch.

All good things come to an end. Could this be the end of an era?

Mike might have been on to something. Lets see what happens this weekend.