Packers Backup Jackson to share the load.

Coachnorm

Packers coach Mike McCarthy and offensive coordinator Joe Philbin have indicated that they don't see Brandon Jackson as a carry-the-load back going forward.McCarthy still plans to have Jackson on the field for a starter's snap-count, but his carries will be limited. Packers coaches don't trust Jackson's body to hold up to the toll of 18-20 touches per game, and he's still too valuable as a situational passing-down back. Barring a trade, Jackson will continue to split touches with John Kuhn and Dimitri Nance. Those who went "all-in" on their waiver wire budget will be disappointed to learn that Jackson is not going to be a reliable RB2.

I had Ryan Grant in 3 leagues but didn't make any real effort to get Jackson as Remote Controller told me that Kuhn would get goalline grabs. This confirmed my suspicion that Jackson is not the next "feature back" in Packerland. He will get a nice number of carries and be productive but more in line with a good flex play than a replacement for a starting RB.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I picked up Peyton Hillis in lieu of Jackson. If he was good enough to carry the load, he likely would have been starting over Grant anyway.

Coachnorm

he did all right last week dunno:

He did and he is a nice pickup at this point in the season. I'm just saying he's not one of those backups that going to make you think Ryan Who? when he gets the job. sort of caddy-like vs Ryan Grant like right now. But they may tune down his workload a bit as the season goes on to make him last.

If you grabbed him because you lost grant he will do alright for you. If you grabbed him before the Grant owner could you may have grabbed a flex position mini-gold mine for your team with healthy RBs

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Or you may have bent the Grant owner over the table and extracted a high price.

You may also have smiled at the guy who spent $21,000 on him to get 4.5 points.......

Phil Dawson

What do others think about Kuhn's value as a flex play or security for a tough bye week? I'm thinking wait and see how things shake out since Kuhn isn't being picked up a lot...

Remote Controller

he did all right last week dunno:
He did with the gimme touchdown they allowed him to take in. Normally that carry will be Nance or Kukn moving forward and that was a bone to try to fire him up according to reports. I feel he will be a fine flex moving forward in ppr leagues, he just won't be what Grant was.

Remote Controller

What do others think about Kuhn's value as a flex play or security for a tough bye week? I'm thinking wait and see how things shake out since Kuhn isn't being picked up a lot...
I see Kuhn as a great bandaid and one that could be as valuable as McGahee was last year. The Pack will get ahead and try to run out that 4th Qtr plus he will get most short yardage TD dives or catches. I have my eyes and ears peeled for a guy like Lynch or even mcGahee to make an appearance if they can't get nance up to speed. I feel Kuhn is a just what the Dr. ordered for that bye week or injury guy, and would have had a TD last week had they not thrown that bone to jackson.