Officiating Ranks Lowest

1 Crazy Commish

According to the 3 channels of ESPN and even a little of NFL net this morning, This Super Bowl has to have been the worst officiated Super Bowl ever and one of worst ever of all post season games. Not only the final play of the game but the majority of the 18 flags thrown for 162 yards reminded many fans the refs wanted to steal the show and be the main part of the game.
The forward pass Warner threw at games end if you remember was #2 of the game. An earlier play in the second half of the same nature was even more blatant when Warner's arm was cocked only 1/2 way back instead of the 3/4 later and also was not called an incomplete pass.
There were two of ESPN's personnel standing right at the same goal line on the safety play which both said was clearly a safety. They did not have to run another succession of plays to call a safety after they absolutely had to when a Steeler was called for holding in the end zone. Many of the Cardinal penalties called were unnecessary and reminded me of grammar school football where the referee was a kid who couldn't play ball for some reason. I've seen a lot of this this year in the regular season where the refs want to steal the show like a cop wanting to ticket every speeder that wants to drive by him, but I thought the NFL would have been a little more intelligent with readying their Super Bowl crew for this world shown event.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
I didnt watch the game, but all I have heard is Harrison's TD might have been short, Harrison should of been ejected for his childish behavior on the punt, the fumble at the end and Holmes using the ball as a prop during his pre planned celebration.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I didnt watch the game, but all I have heard is Harrison's TD might have been short, Harrison should of been ejected for his childish behavior on the punt, the fumble at the end and Holmes using the ball as a prop during his pre planned celebration.

Harrison got in.
Madden thought he should be ejected. It was very douchey.
The fumble could've been called either way.
Holmes celebration non-call pissed me off.

For the most part it seemed that if Pittsburgh got flagged, it was for something blatantly obvious, but Arizona would get flagged on borderline stuff. The refs were really inconsistent from my point of view.

Arctic Dawgs

1 thing I noticed today seeing lowlights over and over again was a flagrant block from behind during Harrisons TD pick on Hightower or Fitz (never saw the #, only the hair) at about the Ari 20.

Not too sure of the nfl rules though, Would that have ended the half without a TD ??

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Overall, this was not near as bad as XL, at least for the most part, I think the officiating in this one was just bad both ways. The last play pissed me off, as did the non-call on Holmes...if that is Chad or TO it's called in a second.....that's bull shit.

In the end, I think the Steelers won the game without the help of officiating. I just wish we'd get competent officials who can call of correct game so they are not the discussion the day after.

I had to laugh at Tomlin's 60 minute comment after the game since I think the Seelers won the first 59 min and 50 sec game in SB history ;)

cboofe

Banned
i was impressed by how many times Big ben scrambled around behind the line of scrimmage and how the OL's were able to not go downfield or get called for holding.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
1 thing I noticed today seeing lowlights over and over again was a flagrant block from behind during Harrisons TD pick on Hightower or Fitz (never saw the #, only the hair) at about the Ari 20.

Not too sure of the nfl rules though, Would that have ended the half without a TD ??

The most curious part of this was that when they show the replay on TV, Harrison runs it back for the first 25 yards or so... and there is CLEARLY a yellow flag thrown onto the field. The flag was never explained.

Hawks Eye

Master of Inexpertise
Wasn't quite as bad as SuperBowl XL IMO, but it was pretty bad.

Overall, this was not near as bad as XL, at least for the most part, I think the officiating in this one was just bad both ways. The last play pissed me off, as did the non-call on Holmes...if that is Chad or TO it's called in a second.....that's bull shit.

In the end, I think the Steelers won the game without the help of officiating. I just wish we'd get competent officials who can call of correct game so they are not the discussion the day after.

I had to laugh at Tomlin's 60 minute comment after the game since I think the Seelers won the first 59 min and 50 sec game in SB history ;)

Not bad as XL, I agree. Interesting, though. Who was in XL? That's right. The Steelers. I kept thinking during Sunday's game, "It wouldn't be a Super Bowl without the officials getting on their knees for the Steelers!"

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
and it wouldnt be a steelers super bowl without bitter opponents (losing) fans complaining about the officiating, both present and past. :)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
The most curious part of this was that when they show the replay on TV, Harrison runs it back for the first 25 yards or so... and there is CLEARLY a yellow flag thrown onto the field. The flag was never explained.
Your right, there was a flag....but it was explained, it was a face mask against the cards and declined by the Steelers.....

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Your right, there was a flag....but it was explained, it was a face mask against the cards and declined by the Steelers.....

Oh it was? Thanks... I'll go back and look at that. I must have forgotten in the confusion.