Now that it's over, what's your top 10?

JScott

Administrator
Dynasty/Keeper PPR rankings

1.) Zeke, RB, DAL - duh
2.) Doctson, WR, WAS - Good situation, passing offense, 1A Wr to DJax's (re-signed) 1B in a year or 2
3.) Treadwell, WR, MIN - Okay situation, run-first offense, across from Diggs, not a lot of passes to go around
4.) Coleman, WR, CLE - Poor team, lots of targets/touches, top receiver without Gordon
5.) Thomas, WR, NOS - Good situation, passing offense, great QB, will take over for Snead in a year or two
6.) Shepard, WR, NYG - Good situation, passing offense, good QB, OBJ leftovers
7.) Boyd, WR, CIN - Good situation, not a playmaker after the catch, won't pull double coverage from AJG
8.) Henry, RB, TEN - Bad situation, will share backfield with newly signed Murray
9.) Fuller, WR, HOU - Okay situation, overhauled offense, B.Miller could eventually escalate to take targets
10.) Booker, RB, DEN - Good team, bad situation, behind CJA, will take over in 2 years when DEN cuts CJA due to his salary escalation

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
5.) Thomas, WR, NOS - Good situation, passing offense, great QB, will take over for Snead

Good situation- check
passing offense- check
great qb- check
take over for Snead- Nope, notta chance, not this year. Not the way it works in the Big Easy. Brandin with all of his talent wasn't allowed to take over for a washed up Colston. He'll have his moments this year but taking over is at least two years down the road if ever. Brees likes Snead and he is loyal to his receivers. Dynasty he should be fine but re-draft forget it this year.

cctekguy

Staff member
Letting the rooks ride the sideline for a year or 2 is a luxury that good teams can afford.

...which has nothing to do with the Saints.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Letting the rooks ride the sideline for a year or 2 is a luxury that good teams can afford.

...which has nothing to do with the Saints.
He won't ride the pine, he will push Coleman for the #3 position. But he still won't be all that for a year or two.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
1.) Zeke, RB, DAL - duh
2.) Doctson, WR, WAS - Good situation, passing offense, 1A Wr to DJax's (re-signed) 1B in a year or 2
3.) Treadwell, WR, MIN - Okay situation, run-first offense, across from Diggs, not a lot of passes to go around
4.) Coleman, WR, CLE - Poor team, lots of targets/touches, top receiver without Gordon
5.) Thomas, WR, NOS - Good situation, passing offense, great QB, will take over for Snead
6.) Shepard, WR, NYG - Good situation, passing offense, good QB, OBJ leftovers
7.) Boyd, WR, CIN - Good situation, not a playmaker after the catch, won't pull double coverage from AJG
8.) Henry, RB, TEN - Bad situation, will share backfield with newly signed Murray
9.) Fuller, WR, HOU - Okay situation, overhauled offense, B.Miller could eventually escalate to take targets
10.) Booker, RB, DEN - Good team, bad situation, behind CJA, will take over in 2 years when DEN cuts CJA due to his salary escalation
I pretty much agree...with some slight changes.

I would move Coleman up, he will be this years Benjamin in Cleveland, and he was a decent #3 Wr in most leagues, even bottom #2.

I would go:
Zeke
Fuller - teams will keep taking away and double teaming Hopkins, this kid can fly and will get his early
Doctson - Look for Garcon to totally disapear soon.
Coleman
Boyd
Shepard - will go above Boyd IF Cruz is not back
Henry - will get carries and redzone
Treadwell- goes higher if you are in a PPR league.
Booker - Hillman is on a one year deal, and CJ isn't all that.
thomas - will wait behind Snead and Cooks

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Coleman he could push this year, Snead not so much. Snead is the new Lance Moore in New Orleans. Not flashy but he has Brees' trust.

JScott

Administrator
Good situation- check
passing offense- check
great qb- check
take over for Snead- Nope, notta chance, not this year. Not the way it works in the Big Easy. Brandin with all of his talent wasn't allowed to take over for a washed up Colston. He'll have his moments this year but taking over is at least two years down the road if ever. Brees likes Snead and he is loyal to his receivers. Dynasty he should be fine but re-draft forget it this year.

Agree completely. I was thinking dynasty/keeper when I did my analysis. I'll add that to my post.

JScott

Administrator
I pretty much agree...with some slight changes.

I would move Coleman up, he will be this years Benjamin in Cleveland, and he was a decent #3 Wr in most leagues, even bottom #2.

I would go:
Zeke
Fuller - teams will keep taking away and double teaming Hopkins, this kid can fly and will get his early
Doctson - Look for Garcon to totally disapear soon.
Coleman
Boyd
Shepard - will go above Boyd IF Cruz is not back
Henry - will get carries and redzone
Treadwell- goes higher if you are in a PPR league.
Booker - Hillman is on a one year deal, and CJ isn't all that.
thomas - will wait behind Snead and Cooks

As you said we're pretty much on the same page but did I miss the part where Osweiler suddenly throws a good deep ball and Bill O'Brien suddenly has his QB throw away from double coverage on DHop? :confused: Fuller was on my 2nd tier WRs and relying on Oz to chuck it deep. Yikes. No way does he leapfrog the other rookie WRs.

cctekguy

Staff member
The knock on Oz is footwork and mechanics. Arm strength is A+. Doesn't mean he's a good downfield passer but if he's got a guy that can run under it, he can chunk it.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Former number one draft choice Jamarcus Russell (never on Dancing with the stars) had un-equaled arm strength. He's now great at flipping big asped burgers.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Hopefully so but then again hind sight is 20-20. Back when it happened Jamarcus was absolutely no 1 on draft board averages. Just saying...

cctekguy

Staff member
Yeah, and so was Ryan Leaf. What's your point?

Oz has been in the league 3 years, started multiple NFL games and has been a serviceable back up.

He's already better than anything Houston had and his ceiling is much higher than Hoyer or that other bum. (can't even think of his name).

My point was only in reference to JScott questioning his deep ball ability and wanting to erase any concerns that he lacked arm strength.

Not saying he's the next Sammy Baugh or anything.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
o_O Treadwell's strength isn't the deep ball. He's not fast, more of a possession type.
Nice, big red zone target. Not sure he will ever be a consistent 85+ reception guy, but could be a threat at double digit TD's when this offense transitions away for AP's offense in a couple seasons.