Nnamdi Asomugha Contract Voided

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
" but he didn't have any interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season.

He will be the top defensive player available whenever free agency begins"

Quote from the article.

Ok i don't get it. Didnt sound like he had a great year but will be to def player in FA? Was he playing to get out of Oakland maybe? Either way, Hope Jax looks into picking him up. They need some def help badly.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Just having Asomugha in the line up shuts down what ever WR he covers shrinking the field.

No INT's just means no team throws his way, less is more

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
AFC playoffs are tough to cheer for so far. Don't care for NE or NYJ. Yet gotta suffer at least 2 more weeks of one of them. KC, just can't get any enthusiasm for them. NFC playoffs are definitly more exciting this year. Cindarella Seattle, Atlanta v Philly possibly looks great, GB, Chicago. Posible matchups look more tempting. Going out on a limb and say NFC wins the SB.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Great thing for Aso here. Al is clearly trying to knock the franchise back down to the depths of 4 win hell. He gets the unique opportunity to choose where he wants to go in the NFL and get paid a monster price for it.

After putting up with so much losing, it wouldnt shock me if he passed on teams like the Jags and Texans, signing for less with a real contender.

About the only team I could see off the board already is the Redskins. Who would want to play there...

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
If that scenario is true, then wouldn't he look into NE as his next move. They got 2 first round picks to play with.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I would say no because New England dont pay anybody but Tom Brady. The Patriots would see him as a "frivilous" expense.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
What a STUPID clause to put into a contract by Oakland!! This takes the cake for bone headed thing to do award.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
What a STUPID clause to put into a contract by Oakland!! This takes the cake for bone headed thing to do award.

Most definitely not one of A.Davis smartest moves, you just never know what he may pull from his hat next.

There still is a chance that the Raiders could get Asomugha under a new contract but its not looking good right now.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
saw something that says Jets or Packers would probably be his landing spots. He would like to play for Rex Ryan and is best friends with C Woodson

ETA: Former Raiders beat writer David White believes impending free agent Nnamdi Asomugha will end up with the Jets or Packers.
"I know him well. ... Mark it down," said White. After playing for the Raiders for eight seasons, White says Asomugha wants to play for a proven winner. White added that the shutdown corner has said he'd like to play for Jets coach Rex Ryan and his best friend is Packers corner Charles Woodson. Asomugha will draw interest from virtually every team in the league as the best defensive player available, but fitting him under the potential new CBA's salary cap is another story altogether.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Asomugha didn't have a great year. He was also injured. What a great way to get out of Oakland with that contract. Have a lazy, bad year, and you get out skate free.

Vicious_Machine

It was actually not a bad claus to put in. It gave the raiders the chance to void the contract.
He's a great corner; no doubt. But I would rather free up his $17 million and put it to somebody to stop the run. Thats the big problem for the raiders D; 4th last against the run.

Shutting down is great, but that kind of money for no turnovers is kind of steep when you have massive holes in other positions like the raiders do.