NFL week 5, in and out and other injuries

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Emmanuel Sanders was limited today as he was last week before plating 100+ yards. This week he duels Casey Hayward so it won't be easy for him.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Interesting note - Stephon Diggs Wr MIN was non-participant in practice, but it was NOT injury related. He is very discontent with his current usage and evidently skipped practice. Team states they are not looking to trade him though.

Same for Ramsay - he missed practice for Jax due to "back injury" and team still states they won't trade him

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • Cowboys WR Michael Gallup (knee) told ESPN's Todd Archer that he's not run at full speed, but he can cut.
    Specifically, Gallup stated, "It’s all really right here (tapping his head) ... The doc says my knee is fine. It’s good. You can’t really do nothing to it. It’s just I’ve got to get it through my head that I can do it. That’s all I need." This certainly isn't a ringing endorsement of good health, although Dallas Morning News' Michael Gehlken reports Gallup is expected to play in Week 5 against the Packers. It'd be surprising to see Gallup in his usual near every-down role if he continues to operate at less than 100% by Sunday.

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter.

• OC Greg Olson said he's hopeful that Tyrell Williams (foot) will respond well to some rest and suit up Sunday against the Bears.
    Source: Scott Bair on Twitter.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Auden Tate WR | CIN
Bengals' Auden Tate: Stepping into No. 2 role

by RotoWire Staff
Tateis facing increased opportunities for targets with John Ross (shoulder) on IR, Ben Baby of ESPN.com reports.
Tate has already led the Bengals in receiving yards for two consecutive contests, and he'll now benefit from the absence of John Ross, who averaged eight targets per game. The big-bodied wideout makes for an appealing red zone target for Andy Dalton, and he's facing a prime matchup against Arizona's struggling defense Week 5. The stars appear to be aligning for the second-year pro to attain notable fantasy value, though Tyler Boyd will likely remain Dalton's first read until A.J. Green (ankle) returns to the lineup.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Pat Shurmur reiterated Thursday that a return for Saquon Barkley is possible for Sunday.

Jarvis Landry is still in the concussion protocol. Do I I hear OBJ singing in the shower?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Pat Shurmur reiterated Thursday that a return for Saquon Barkley is possible for Sunday.

Jarvis Landry is still in the concussion protocol. Do I I hear OBJ singing in the shower?
No that would be Chubb, expecting another very heavy day ;)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • Coach Anthony Lynn said Thursday that Melvin Gordon will definitely be part of the Chargers' game plan.
    Specifically, Lynn stated, "He's definitely going to be part of the game plan ... He may even start this game." It's not exactly a ringing endorsement of a featured workload. Gordon posted a snap rate of at least 70% in eight of nine games at full health in 2018. Still, the offense's lack of depth at WR with each of Mike Williams (back), Travis Benjamin (quad) and Dontrelle Inman (quad, IR) sidelined could help Austin Ekeler carry some standalone fantasy value for a bit longer. The Chargers' over-qualified backup RB possesses the type of receiving skill that could enable the offense to utilize plenty of 2-RB formations if they wish.

Source: SiriusXM NFL Radio on Twitter.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Marlon Mack DNP.

Kenny Stills did although likely limited.

Emmanual Sanders plans to practice in full today.

Adams remained sidelined for Green Bay.

Mark Andrews returned to practice today.

DeSean DNP. :(

T.Y. returned to practice.

Barkley did not. Coach is blowing smoke in New York.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Terry McLaurin (hamstring) remained "limited" on Thursday.
Per ESPN's John Keim, the coaching staff "hopes he can do more Friday." McLaurin has seemed to be trending toward a return but perhaps the Redskins don't want to run him out there for a doom matchup (New England) with health and quarterback uncertainty. We should have a pretty good idea of McLaurin's Week 5 status by Friday.

Source: John Keim on Twitter

Jay Gruden again declined to name a starting QB today.

• Vontaze Burfict's appeal for his season-ending suspension will be heard Tuesday.
    His appeal will be heard by former Hall of Fame linebacker Derrick Brooks. While the hit on Jack Doyle itself may not have been worthy of a year-long suspension, Burfict has been given countless chances to clean up his act but has never shown much remorse for his acts, continuing his career-long pattern of dishing out needless cheap shots on defenseless opponents. Now it's time for him to pay the piper.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

9ers resigned Jordan Matthews.

Josg Allen remained sidelined today.

Jalen Hurd to IR for the 9ers.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Coach says that Christian Kirk could return week 6.

JuJu tweaked is toe injury Monday night but the OC expects him to play this weekend.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Minshew remained limited.

Singletary remained limited for the Bills. :(

Tevon Coleman resumed practice.:)

James Conner DNP.

Vance Big Mc-Donald DNP.

No practice for Taylor Gabriel.

Darnold is unsure of his week 5 status.