NFL News, rumors post NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikeNbike

If Brissett starts all year for the Browns then Houston is going to be pretty happy with their haul of picks in next year's draft.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If Brissett starts all year for the Browns then Houston is going to be pretty happy with their haul of picks in next year's draft.
Oh yes, Houston could make out like bandits if this falls bad for Watson.

Phicinfan

Administrator
CAR - Robbie Anderson reported for mandatory camp, but cannot participate due to hip soreness
DAL - expecting Dak Prescott to run more
LAC - Derwin James not practicing fully due to labrum shoulder surgery off season
KC - cut C Darryl Williams
NBC - hires Jason Garrett as an analyst on Football Night in America
DET - it was Lions who signed Devin Funchess and he will try out at TE
ARI - OC Rodney Hudson is not at mandatory camp and it is not excused absence
CHI - same for Bears with Robert Quinn who is an unexcused absence from mandatory mini camp as well
BAL - Ravens have come to an injury settlement agreement with DL Derek Wolfe - he has had a 2nd hip surgery for his issues
LAR - re-sign LB Travin Howard
JAC - Jaguars lost LB Jordan Smith to a knee injury in camp, placed him on IR and have signed FA LB Wyatt Ray

efactor

Coming at you
Oh yes, Houston could make out like bandits if this falls bad for Watson.

Well, according to "Over the Cap", they still have 42 million available. If Watson misses the season, they will not roll with Brissett. They are too far in with the rest of their roster. Welcome to Cleveland Jimmy G

Phicinfan

Administrator
Well, according to "Over the Cap", they still have 42 million available. If Watson misses the season, they will not roll with Brissett. They are too far in with the rest of their roster. Welcome to Cleveland Jimmy G
There is no way they can trade for Jimmy G. I don't see SF just releasing Jimmy G also. And... there is no way they go out and pay for Jimmy G and still sit on Mayfield.

Just have to wait and see.

efactor

Coming at you
There is no way they can trade for Jimmy G. I don't see SF just releasing Jimmy G also. And... there is no way they go out and pay for Jimmy G and still sit on Mayfield.

Just have to wait and see.
Well they can since apparently they have the money. I would tend to agree with you if the relationship with Mayfield hadn't been destroyed with the Watson fiasco.

I was half kidding about Jimmy G, but only half. Brissett is terrible and the Browns don't want to tank this season with the rest of the talent they have.

Stay tuned

Phicinfan

Administrator
Well they can since apparently they have the money. I would tend to agree with you if the relationship with Mayfield hadn't been destroyed with the Watson fiasco.

I was half kidding about Jimmy G, but only half. Brissett is terrible and the Browns don't want to tank this season with the rest of the talent they have.

Stay tuned
This is just my opinion, but I think this is how it goes.....
First I don't see a long suspension for Watson THIS year. If at all. The Civil cases won't happen until off-season next year. I could see the NFL saying we are pending our decision until at least some of the trial testimony is completed. Unless more keeps getting leaked. What they don't want to do is have another Ray Rice issue.

IF that is the case, Brissett is it, as he can cover 2-4 games if necessary.

IF more comes out and Watson is clearly shown to have been abusive in any manner, then he gets the one year Suspension at least... Then Cleveland is screwed and there is no way to walk away from Watson(they could save salary yes, but not all the picks). Then maybe they go after a Jimmy G, but I doubt it.

Phicinfan

Administrator
WAS - HC Rivera stated emphatically they won't trade McLaurin, so a long term deal will eventually be made
BAL - HC Harbaugh stated the team has a lot of faith in Rashod Bateman - they better, as he is all they really have
TEN - Derrick Henry is motivated due to talk he is not the same back after his foot injury - uh oh...that could be scary
SF - George Kittle is promoting the idea of 2 byes for 17 game schedule - I could see this happening...
ATL - Falcons have Cordarrelle Patterson in camp, but he is not doing much - HC says they are protecting him to keep him fresh and healthy

efactor

Coming at you
This is just my opinion, but I think this is how it goes.....
First I don't see a long suspension for Watson THIS year. If at all. The Civil cases won't happen until off-season next year. I could see the NFL saying we are pending our decision until at least some of the trial testimony is completed. Unless more keeps getting leaked. What they don't want to do is have another Ray Rice issue.

IF that is the case, Brissett is it, as he can cover 2-4 games if necessary.

IF more comes out and Watson is clearly shown to have been abusive in any manner, then he gets the one year Suspension at least... Then Cleveland is screwed and there is no way to walk away from Watson(they could save salary yes, but not all the picks). Then maybe they go after a Jimmy G, but I doubt it.
Agree if the suspension is short.

efactor

Coming at you
WAS - HC Rivera stated emphatically they won't trade McLaurin, so a long term deal will eventually be made
Will root against the WFT until Rivera is fired.

Fines or threatens to fire anyone who doesn't agree with his political opinions. What a POS

Phicinfan

Administrator
IND - S Khari Willis announced his retirement
Julian Edelman is talking maybe coming back
PIT - Steelers have extended S Minkah Fitzpatrick for 5 years $36 million guaranteed
WAS - Owner in suspension Daniel Snyder has declined appearing in the Congressional investigation hearings

Phicinfan

Administrator
ARI - Cardinals want to get a long term deal done with Hollywood Brown
WAS - HC Rivera said Chase Young may start on PUP list this year
CLE/CAR - so reports are flying these two are talking hot and heavy over Mayfield, expectation is Panthers want Mayfield in before camp starts. Bid hold up is how much salary Browns will eat, and one report had them also swapping Darnold for Mayfield but that has been refuted as Browns say they are fine with Brissett playing if Watson misses time
NE - Patriots signing FA Wr Lil'Jordan Humphrey
NO - Saints DL Marcus Davenport had shoulder surgery off season but also had the top of his pinky finger amputated as well - tough off season

Phicinfan

Administrator
ATL - signed two FA players - DL Jalen Dalton and OL Jonotthan Harrison, to make roster room released RB Jeremy McNichols and WR Austin Trammell
BAL - QB Lamar Jackson told reporters he has talked to the team about a new deal, and expects to stay with the Ravens
NO - Saints to have a black alternate helmet this year

Phicinfan

Administrator
BUF - Bills cut Wr Jake Kumerow and then immediately re-sign him - Cap space work here folks
BAL - two Lamar Jackson reports - one he is up to 220 lbs(played at 208 last year) bulked up for more muscle, also he has NOT ruled out a hold out to get contract done.
DAL - HC McCarthy fined and Cowboys docked one OTA day in 2023 due to physical practices.
NFL - evidently there is a divide in the league office on what and or how to handle the Deshaun Watson situation
ARI - Cardinals sign FA CB Josh Jackson and LB Ben Niemann and to make room they released S Javon Hagan
HOU - Texans waived RB Scottie Phillips off of IR

Phicinfan

Administrator
CLE - reports out the NFL will levy a significant suspension on Watson, a full season is one option favored. Per sources NFL wants the suspension and appeals completed before camp begins in July for the Browns

efactor

Coming at you
If the Browns can get assurance that a one year suspension will make this go away, they should just get it over with.

Bet the Falcons are happy that the Browns stepped in and saved them from this train wreck.

Phicinfan

Administrator
JAC - RB/WR/KR Jamal Agnew cleared to practice
FA Cb Trae Waynes is thinking of not playing this year
JAC - RB James Robinson won't be ready for start of camp
CLE - Watson news - NFL has interviewed at least 11 of the 24 women filing civil suits vs. Watson
SEA - signs DT Bryan Mone to a 2 year extension
CLE - Browns looking at sites for new stadium

Phicinfan

Administrator
CHI - Bears sign FA DB Jayson Stanley, and placed OL Dakota Dozier on IR
KC - Arrowhead stadium is getting $50 million in upgrades thanks to hosting some of the World Cup games
CAR - HC Matt Rhule says there is no time table for Matt Corrall - well that is obvious as you have made it clear you are trying to get Mayfield....
CLE - Browns say they are looking to renovate current stadium not build a new one

Phicinfan

Administrator
MIN/LVR - Vikings and Raiders having extended interest in Ndamukong Suh
NE - James White might be a PUP candidate to start off the season
NFL - on Deshaun Watson - the settlements don't effect the disciplinary process - 20 of 24 are done, 4 might go to court, Watson going to get some extended rest this season....

Status
Not open for further replies.