NFL news - as OTAs and Mini-camps are going

Walter34

Both Bucs and Bills are starting to look like train wrecks this year. Currently avoiding them completely in my FF thinking for this year

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Both Bucs and Bills are starting to look like train wrecks this year. Currently avoiding them completely in my FF thinking for this year
I honestly don't get Buffalo. Why spend a pick that high on a Qb, and give them no real tools to work with. You would think the HC in Buffalo would have realized how important Wrs are to a young Qb after seeing Cam going through this.

Phicinfan

Administrator
last of the pre-camp updates:
Allen Robinson Wr Chi - is cleared to practice and will be full go for camp

Deshaun Watson Qb Hou - is also expected to be ready by camp

So in the next Anthem brough ha ha.... Miami formally posted their new team rules, as the league demands, and it clearly states it reserves the right to suspend any player that protests during the Anthem up to 4 games without pay. This of course has raised a huge stink, to the point the NFL has suspended ALL rules on Anthem for a period of time(weeks?? ) to meet with NFLPA and find a solution. What a mess.

Cb Jimmy Smith Bal has started practicing with the team - great for the ravens

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
What about Watt and Merciless? Have not heard any news one way or the other whether they are going to be ready for camp.

Phicinfan

Administrator
-Well its official, Luck is back, he is fully cleared for play and will be ready day one of camp. Indy must be feeling better, but they better have fixed that o-line
-first rounders are finally getting signed - Barkley has signed, McGlinchey has signed and Sony Michel rb N.E. has signed, there are hope R. Smith will sign soon
-Sadly, Off. line coach Tony Sparano has suddenly passed away - RIP
-Per M. Mornhinweg the OC in Baltimore - Joe Flacco is moving and grooving well - he better, by all reports the rookie is way ahead of the curve......
-in the can it get any more confusing...... - Bears say Jordan Howard can be an everydown back - and be used more in passing, but.....Cohen is being used all over the place and could be used even more..... THIS is why I traded Howard away....
-and last but not totally least - Johnie Manzel got traded to a new team in the CFL and will probably start relatively soon. - train wreck or savior?

Walter34

I follow CFL. He is traded to the worst team in the league who's QB sucks so he will start soon - in the next game or one after that at the latest.

Montreal gave up 2 decent players and 2 1st round picks. In the CFL, 1st rounders are often used for Canadian offensive linemen as you need a minimum # of Canadians on the team and that is the best spot for them. So Montreal paid a lot in CFL trade value.

2 things can happen
- he sucks, they still finish last and they lost a good part of their future and current team
- he excels and leaves them for the NFL (or the new league next year) and they lost a good part of their future and current team

The only known upside is that he should help ticket sales in the short term which is no small thing. CFL is more wide open and most times there are 4 WR sets. QBs need to be mobile, throw on the run and be accurate on longer distance sideline throws. No idea how he will do.