NFL Draft 2016 - Pick #1 Tennessee Titans

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay draft if not too awful far away, want to look at this draft a pick at a time and see if folks agree with the "experts".

Pick #1 is Titans

By most experts IF the Titans keep the pick it will be OT Laremy Tunsil Mississippi

They need OL help, even with the key FA aquisitions they have. But this allows them to protect Mariota for the long term.

As for Trades - I just don't see it happening. It would have to be a team in dire need at Qb, or DE, so they can get that player before Cle at #2 and or Dallas at #4(DE expected).

I know there are some teams in desperate needs with QB - Cle will get one if they want.

San Fran at #7 should get the other, but granted philly now at 8 could move up to 6 or 5 as well if they really want Goff or Wentz.

Still, just don't see the move to #1 from anyone else.

thoughts?

ExperiencedRookie

While I agree with your theories against teams moving up, you also have to look at it from Tenn's angle.

They could move back a few spots and not really miss out at all. Sure, they'd love to have the top tackle in the draft, but it's not like needing a QB. Shouldn't take too much to get them to shift around. It's not like we're talking about 2015 Tampa Bay here who picked Jameis like 5 months before the draft

Phicinfan

Administrator
While I agree with your theories against teams moving up, you also have to look at it from Tenn's angle.

They could move back a few spots and not really miss out at all. Sure, they'd love to have the top tackle in the draft, but it's not like needing a QB. Shouldn't take too much to get them to shift around. It's not like we're talking about 2015 Tampa Bay here who picked Jameis like 5 months before the draft
On the contrary, I fully believe Tenn would JUMP at the chance to move down, as there are at least two other top flight OTs they could take. But my point was there is no one desperately wanting to jump up. Not for the OT, and not for the Qb that you can get Goff for less price assuming Wentz goes to Cleveland.

So Tenn either goes OT, or they snag the CB which isn't a bad move either.

efactor

Coming at you
On the contrary, I fully believe Tenn would JUMP at the chance to move down, as there are at least two other top flight OTs they could take. But my point was there is no one desperately wanting to jump up. Not for the OT, and not for the Qb that you can get Goff for less price assuming Wentz goes to Cleveland.

So Tenn either goes OT, or they snag the CB which isn't a bad move either.

Agree. Bad year to have the number 1 if you want to move it.

I think they should take Ramsey. Last few "can't miss" OTs taken high have "missed".

Phicinfan

Administrator
Agree. Bad year to have the number 1 if you want to move it.

I think they should take Ramsey. Last few "can't miss" OTs taken high have "missed".
Yeah, I was reading today that Tenn. actually prefers(by rumor only) the kid from ND Stanley. So trading down would much more benefit that. I love Ramsey, and would love to see him go #1. But OL is a dire need for Tenn. They have to keep Mariota vertical.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Well crap, there is a strong rumor out that Philly will deal up for #1, to get Wentz. God I hope not, I would much rather they stay put and get the Rb. Dammit.

One rumor has them sending this years #1 and DT Cox(who is an FA next year and already turned down a huge contract extension offer).

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
The Titans have agreed to trade the No.1 pick of the draft to the Los Angeles Rams for the 15th overall pick in this year’s draft, two second-round picks (43 and 45), and a third-rounder (76) in 2016. The Titans will also receive the Rams’ first-round pick in 2017, along with their third-round pick in next year’s draft.

In addition to Tennessee’s No.1 pick this year, the Rams will also receive a fourth-round pick (113) and sixth-round pick (177) in 2016.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Wow...I may have to do a mock draft and see what effect this has. I will say though SUPPOSEDLY Cle was more into Goff than Wentz. Which if true.....wonder what Rams could have saved if they dealt with SD instead. Oh well.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Two Qbs off the board supposedly at 1 and 2, means a whole lot of Def. talent from 3-6 or more...Wow.

bodey24

Staff member
You sure about this? An LA team and Goff being from Cal? With both being rated even, I see them taking the guy who is known in the area for ticket sales, and not the kid from a Dakota :)
Haha that is what was being reported all over Twitter. Now, they are saying The Rams were hearing teams were starting to prefer Goff over Wents so that is why they moved up. Goff makes a lot more sense and is a better prospect imo.

Arctic Dawgs

Wow...I may have to do a mock draft and see what effect this has. I will say though SUPPOSEDLY Cle was more into Goff than Wentz. Which if true.....wonder what Rams could have saved if they dealt with SD instead. Oh well.

Doesn't work that way. Someone else then would have traded with Ten and the Rams would have burned a bunch for nothing. If you really want the guy just pay the price

ExperiencedRookie

I smell a swift case of Kentucky Justice brewing here.

For years the Rams have mocked the Redskins over the Kings ransom they surrendered in the 2012 draft to take RG3. It's going to come full circle now.

I see the Rams botching this all up. Giving up a ton of picks just so they can draft some kid who winds up being pretty average or worse.

Then years from now, Tenn will be putting up signs in the locker room referencing the trade that made their franchise