NFL 2019, Week 3 In or Out and other injury notes

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Rapoport reports Mark Andrews is expected to play.

Rapoport reports there is "optimism" LeSean McCoy will play.

Bridewater is expected to be the "featured" QB for the Saints today.

Greg Olsen will play.

T.Y. is expected to play but must test his quad in the pre-game to be certain.

Penny is not expected to play vs my Saints.

Marlon Mack is "likely" to play but must pass pre-game check out before final decision.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Ben Roethlisberger does not need Tommy John surgery. No real window for when he comes back but the team expect him to be back sometime in 2020.

MongerKhan

Staff member
You gotta feel for Keanu Neal. Dude is lights out when healthy but just seems snake bit. Knee last year and Achilles this year

MongerKhan

Staff member
I don't think he quit on the team.

I don't believe he was fully healed from that shoulder injury before they pushed them out there anyway and now it got compounded by foot injury.

Even if he doesn't stay in Carolina next year he will be a starter somewhere as long as he can get healthy. I could see him going to the Titans.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
To me Cam's career is a mirror of most "running" QB's. Eventually their body fails them as a result of the punishment they take running the football. Without the threat of running I doubt Cam has the arm talent to be a starting QB in the NFL when healthy and I'm convinced that he does not when he's banged up. Of course I do not like the guy one bit. He's a "look at me" player and maybe it's because I'm old but I don't like that.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
To me Cam's career is a mirror of most "running" QB's. Eventually their body fails them as a result of the punishment they take running the football. Without the threat of running I doubt Cam has the arm talent to be a starting QB in the NFL when healthy and I'm convinced that he does not when he's banged up. Of course I do not like the guy one bit. He's a "look at me" player and maybe it's because I'm old but I don't like that.
I agree to the point. In this case Cam is a feature of HIS game, same as Michael Vick - run hard, act like Rb, and take hard solid shots.

Look at Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray and you see guys running smart, not taking straight on shots and not afraid to slide or dive out of bounds rather than take big hit.

Cam's body may be breaking down, but year off will do him a wonder of good as well, assuming he gets healthy.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Heads up??

Coach Freddie Kitchens hinted Nick Chubb's touches could take a hit with the addition of Kareem Hunt to the backfield.

When asked if Hunt's activation off the suspended list could affect Chubb's opportunities, Kitchens responded, "Nick is about one thing, and one thing only, and that's winning. I don't think either one of those two are selfish at all." Chubb has been the lone consistent week to week force in the Cleveland offense. We still like him as an RB1 moving forward, but the arrival of Hunt throws a wrench into the situation. Previous No. 2 back Dontrell Hillard had been in on roughly 40% of the snaps over the last two weeks while averaging six touches per game.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter