NFL 2019, Week 3 In or Out and other injury notes

Remote Controller

• NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Cam Newton's (foot) status for Week 3 is "up in the air."
    Newton reportedly re-aggravated the same left foot he initially injured in the preseason and hasn't recovered nearly a week later. He's technically listed as day-to-day, but that seems like the best-case scenario at this point. Newton spent all of Tuesday's practice rehabbing. Heading into Week 3 on the wrong side of questionable, the Panthers will likely turn to either Kyle Allen or rookie Will Grier against the Cardinals.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
I predict Cam quits on Carolina.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • Speaking Tuesday, Panthers coach Ron Rivera admitted Cam Newton (foot) was uncertain for Week 3 against the Cardinals.
    It sounds like Newton has been receiving around-the-clock treatment, but Rivera did not seem like a man who expected to have his quarterback this week. Rivera said second-year UDFA Kyle Allen would get the call over rookie third-rounder Will Grier if Newton isn't ready. A "limited" Wednesday practice would have Newton on track to start, but it sounds like he will be "DNP."

Source: Brendan Marks on Twitter

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So, no Brees, no Big Ben, No Sam Darnold, No Trevor Semien(whew!), maybe no Can Newton. Is this a bye week already??

Oh, and no Eli, but we got Daniel Jones - who should sue the team for putting him in with all the really good Wrs hurt or suspended.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • NFL.com's Tom Pelissero reports DeSean Jackson (groin) is expected to miss Sunday's game against the Lions and will likely remain sidelined for the Eagles' Week 4 Thursday night contest.
    ESPN's Tim McManus reports Jackson is dealing with more of an abdominal strain than groin issue, and has been bothered by it for weeks. With Alshon Jeffery (groin) also expected to sit, the Eagles will be severely undermanned at wideout vs. the Lions. Jackson's injury is not considered overly serious, but it was the worst possible timing for the Eagles to have two games in five days. Nelson Agholor will be the Eagles' fill-in No. 1 with Mack Hollins and JJ Arcega-Whiteside running behind him.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • Speaking last week, A.J. Green (ankle) said he expected to be sidelined longer than his publicly reported 6-8 week timetable.
    Green went down in the opening days of camp in late July. 6-8 weeks would have had him near a return now. Green said that won't be the case. "I don’t know where they got the 6-8 weeks from. It’s going to be longer than that," were Green's words last Wednesday. "It’s just one of those things that has to heal on its own. When I feel I’m healthy enough to play at the level I’m used to playing, I just want to make sure it’s at 100 percent." Contract-year Green sounds like someone who won't be taking the field until he is either 100 percent healthy, extended or both. Fantasy stashers should not count on Green playing in the month of September.

Source: bengals.com

With AJ you had to know this would be the case.

Phicinfan

Administrator
LA Chargers sign TE Lance Kendricks
Saints place Wr Keith Kirkwood on IR
Darnold expected back by week 5
Lions sign Rb Paul Perkins formerly of Giants to replace C.J. Anderson
Patriots place OLT Isaiah Wynn on IR
Supposedly Qb needy teams have contacted agent of Colin Kaepernick - desperate is as desperate does...
Jags want 2 first rounders for Cb Jalen Ramsey
Steelers - with the trade to get Minkah Fitzpatrick - they say he will "anchor" at S, and have placed S Sean Davis on IR
Steelers also sign Qb Paxton Lynch to practice squad
Detroit is releasing back up Qb Josh Johnson and signing former Bengal Qb Jeff Driskel

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
See I read the opposite about Kaeperbitch. I heard the his agent had reached out to teams with all of their injuries at quarterback not vice versa.

Of course with all the ridiculous things that have gone on in the NFL in the last 3 months that would just kind of be the topping on the cake.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I found this slightly interesting...

Multiple teams have expressed interest in free-agent WR Dez Bryant (Saints), with the Baltimore Ravens, Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints believed to be among his top landing spots, according to ESPN's Josina Anderson.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
by RotoWire Staff
Cam Newton (foot) was still using a walking boot Wednesday morning, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
Newton presumably won't practice Wednesday, but the Panthers hope to get him back in some capacity Thursday or Friday. If not, he likely would miss Sunday's game in Arizona, with Kyle Allen then stepping in to start at quarterback. Newton is dealing with an aggravation of the mid-foot sprain he initially suffered in the third week of the preseason. He's completed 56.2 percent of passes for 6.4 YPA through two weeks, adding just five carries for negative-two yards.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Well, well, well.. Maybe Sean is learning already. If not a couple more losses should show him the light.

rotoworld.com

• Coach Sean Payton refused to name Teddy Bridgewater as the Saints' Week 3 starter against the Seahawks.
    When asked if he has to limit Taysom Hill's usage in other positions now that he's the No. 2 quarterback, Payton responded, "You're assuming he's the No. 2." Payton said he won't make an announcement to the media as to who will start in Seattle. The assumption has been Bridgewater will get the nod, but his leash likely isn't very long after his dreadful showing against the Rams in relief of Brees. Hill also outplayed Bridgewater in the preseason and is overall a far superior playmaker.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Green Bay trading Wr Trevor Davis to Oakland - Oakland needs more Wr depth
Colts cut Qb Chad Kelly, who is just returned from his 2 game suspension - evidently they are sticking with Brissett and Hoyer
Patriots - Qb Tom Brady was limited with a calf injury
Cowboys waive DL Taco Charlton
Redskins - place Cb Rodgers-Cromartie on IR
Chiefs - OT Eric Fisher is having core muscle surgery and will miss time
Jaguars - will play Ramsey on thursday and then look to make a trade Friday after the game...