NEW COMBINE RECORD 40

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
He said he was cramping at the start line and ran anyway. Says he will run faster on his second attempt. Stay tuned

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
They were supposed to give away an island to anyone that broke the 40 record. Now they claim the record breaker must have had on their shoes to go join the Skipper and Mary Ann.

hikeNbike

The 40 numbers are hard to quantify just how ridiculous they are.

Like to see Usain Bolt run a 40 so we can see what a sprinter can do than see how close these guys are. Guess technically we could say a good 100 meter dasher runs under 10 sec so 4.O 40. Of Course the start probably takes more time than the finish as they have to get up to speed from a stop. Wondering if Bolt could go like a 4.0 flat 40. That would be impressive.

yadda yadda tapatalk

cctekguy

Staff member
What would someone do with an island anyway?

No electricity, no internet, no phone service, no place to dock a boat bigger than a row boat, no place to land a plane...

All you get is the bragging rights of owning an island.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
It still puzzles me why these things are made into such a big deal. I was looking at a list of the top 40 combine times and out of the top 13 there were only about 5 guys that had a career over 4yrs and only Chris Johnson could be considered successful.
13 Fastest 40-Yard Dashes in NFL History
I know its sexy but it mean very little in terms of potential performance.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
It still puzzles me why these things are made into such a big deal. I was looking at a list of the top 40 combine times and out of the top 13 there were only about 5 guys that had a career over 4yrs and only Chris Johnson could be considered successful.
13 Fastest 40-Yard Dashes in NFL History
I know its sexy but it mean very little in terms of potential performance.
Normally I would agree. IN some of those cases they were not really football experienced but track guys wanting in to football. In this case, this kid is a decent Wr, and that speed can kill a defense.