Myles Garrett should be arrested

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Somehow I can't help but think Goddell is going to screw this up in a way that angers everyone and then overcompensates to address the collective outrage.

Remote Controller

I had a hard time figuring out what I was seeing. I had dosed off and woke up while he was taking Rudolph down. I was in a daze and things just kept escalating. It was crazy. It seems it was an assault with a weapon.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Mason Rudolph's representation could consider legal action against Myles Garrett following Thursday night's on-field incident.

"There are many risks an NFL QB assumes with every snap taken on the field," Rudolph's agent, Tim Younger, tweeted in the aftermath of Garrett's attack. "Being hit on your uncovered head by a helmet being swung by a 275 lb DE is not one of them." He added that the matter will be reviewed "thoroughly." Rudolph miraculously wasn't hurt in the incident, but Garrett will still be subject to a lengthy suspension and perhaps even assault charges. In using his helmet as a weapon, Garrett showed not only an egregious lapse in judgment but also little regard for another player's safety. Thursday's chaotic ending in Cleveland was an embarrassment for all involved.

Source: NFL.com

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NFL suspended Browns DE Myles Garrett indefinitely for violating the league's unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct policies.

Garrett will be suspended for the remainder of 2019 (postseason included) and will have to file for reinstatement after removing Mason Rudolph's helmet and using it as a "weapon" late in Thursday's victory over Pittsburgh. Rudolph luckily wasn't hurt in the attack, though his agent suggested he could pursue legal action. A former No. 1 pick and an All-Pro selection as recently as last year, Garrett is already among the league's top pass-rushers. Losing him is a huge blow to the Browns' defense. Maurkice Pouncey (three games) and Larry Ogunjobi (one game) have also been suspended for their roles in Thursday night's melee while the Browns and Steelers have each been possessed $250,000 fines.

Source: Michael Signora on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NFL suspended Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey three games for fighting including "punching and kicking an opponent" Thursday against the Browns.

He's been fined an "additional" amount. Pouncey was one of three players—the others being Myles Garrett (indefinite suspension) and Larry Ogunjobi (one game)—for Thursday night's scrum in Cleveland. The scene was one of the ugliest we've seen on a football field in quite some time. Pouncey came to Mason Rudolph's defense in the melee, throwing punches and even kicking Garrett after he attacked Rudolph with his helmet. B.J. Finney is expected to hold down the fort at center for Pittsburgh until Pouncey returns.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NFL suspended Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi one game for unnecessary roughness, specifically for "shoving an opposing player to the ground during an altercation."

catman

Baseball "Expert"
Good for the league. Garrett should not play again this year or next. Possibly in 2021 if he fulfills a very lengthy program of counselling and community service.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Pouncey should not be suspended. He legally has a right to defend a third person in that scenario and he should and I assume will appeal this.

Garrett is already getting a lot of support from the woke community. I am shocked he has not already deployed a lie that Rudolph used a racial slur or something to make it look like he was justified for this.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
When Pouncey first got involved I would agree Sarge that he was defending his QB and should not be fined nor suspended for those actions. However he leaped over the line of defense for his QB when Garrett was on the ground with over 300 lbs of man laying on him holding him there and Pouncey proceed to make like his head was a soccer ball. No excuse for that in this situation IMO.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
At what point does an action on the field leave the area of a penalty and become a crime? There have been lots of incidents that could have been considered a crime.

The use of a deadly weapon is the line. The hockey player got convicted because of the use of the stick as a deadly weapon. Garrett would "possibly" be convicted of Agg Assault, I only say possibly because there would be absolutely no way to get an unbiased jury in Cleveland. In an unbiased area its a slam dunk conviction.

I agree. This could open up a can of worms though and any on-field fight could be considered a crime.

He's not filing them because he would be blackballed from the league and the game in general. If he was a Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers he could do it and survive. A run of the mill NFL player would be refused by any team he tried to play for after.