Minnesota.....2009

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
They are going to have to pony up a nice contract extension to keep him, and just like clockwork, they are in the playoffs and McNabb is already running his mouth about wanting an extension.

I just don't see the Eagles giving out a big extension to McNabb at this point in his career, give playing 16 games has been more of an exception than a rule for him.
Philly is known for this. Once a player gets too expensive, they let that player go and replace him. They have done this numerous times in the past. It is one reason they do so well in drafting, as they are drafting to fill slots years in advance.

I too won't be shocked if he is let go. They have Kolb, and he has shown some flashes.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Kolb has shown flashes identical to the ones on my son's underwear before he unloads a giant poop. I haven't seen jack from him in the pros that makes me think he should even be in the league much less the heir apparent.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Kolb has shown flashes identical to the ones on my son's underwear before he unloads a giant poop. I haven't seen jack from him in the pros that makes me think he should even be in the league much less the heir apparent.

Post of the Month right here :xpopcorn:

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i doubt philly lets mcnabb go when he leads them from 5-5-1 to the super bowl. but hey, thats just me.

efactor

Coming at you

Sad, but true. I saw the guy standing on the sideline on the MNF game against the Browns. He looked like a pizza delivery guy who ate up all the profits, not a professional football player. Then he got into the game, and played like a pizza delivery guy. I usually don't criticize players because I respect the fact that they made it this far, but this guy sucks...........

Phicinfan

Administrator
i doubt philly lets mcnabb go when he leads them from 5-5-1 to the super bowl. but hey, thats just me.
Normally I would agree with you. But this is exactly Philly's MO. Look at other popular vets who were still productive, but the team did not bring back. They are built to win, but to do it financially sound. I just don't see the team giving McNabb another long contract and another big bonus...that they will have to eat later.

However, he is a Reid favorite...so who knows? dunno:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jealous!