McFadden for Chris Johnson straight up

gomez70

You know how these things go, you always have in the back of your head that you gave up too early on your first round pick by trading him. I just accepted it. I think it really comes down to McFadden being hungrier and younger. Guaranteed contracts sometimes ruin a player. Got a bad feeling after watching Johnson the first 2 weeks that the fire just wasnt there.

efactor

Coming at you
Ironically, those were my choices in the first round of FFPC in Vegas. Too bad I didn't take option C......................

Not a real age difference and I don't think McFadden is hungrier, so frankly, hard for me to say if you got better. What I saw in the Oakland, San Diego game is a RB who had the full attention of the entire defense. Everyone was hyped about the catches, but the yardage sucked and he was in danger of getting killed. Took a lot of hits, not only in his touches but in pass protection. He won't be effective if that continues. He obviously has an injury history and while I don't usually label someone as injury prone, I don't like his chances of staying healthy based on that game.

Johnson is in a similar situation in that he is the only threat and until they develop a downfield threat, he won't have a lot of running room. I think Johnson is motivated by the fact he wants to glamour and attention, so no worries there. He needs stop looking for the home run every play and take what is there. I actually think he will be OK, but obviously not worth where he was drafted (yes, by me).

I know this didn't help, but just some thoughts.....................