Kerry Collins Signs with Indy

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
LOL. Manning must have some serious untold issues if their bringing Collins out of retirement to play QB for them. How old is he now? Like 100? Get the crutches and hover round ready, cause he wont be able to take many hits. I hope they got a backup plan for collins also when he goes down if Manning ends up not playing the whole season. I heard Favre still wants to play. JK.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Bite your tounge Cerberus, Farve indeed. I think Collins could well be an improvement over what they had backing up Manning though. As a Manning owner I'm more concerned with each bit of news that comes out.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
LOL. Whats Mannings other backups name again? he been there for years now and has done what has been asked from him.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Yeah i cant remember his name either. Starts with a P i think. Guess i gotta check and see now or my whole point is mute and hearsay. LOL

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Painter(3 yrs), Orlovsky((7yrs) and rookie Hartline. And now Collins all backing up Manning. 5 QBs on the roster, thats a lot to hold onto comes week 1.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
My guess its Orlovsky but maybe the rookie Hartline. Painter was the backup last year and season before if my brain dead head is thinking right.

cctekguy

Staff member
Collins must be giddy with anticipation.

Indy is EXACTLY the type of program he would have excelled in, in his prime.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
If the Colts dont think Painter or Orlovski are worthy back-ups im curious why they did not address this issue a few seasons ago instead of waiting until Manning might not be able to start, he's 35yrs old and not getting any younger.

Coachnorm

I think they wanted to give that QB backup bunch some serious playing time in the pre-season just to see if any of them had made any strides toward becoming a quality backup. Obviously, none of them had shown they could step up to the challenge. So grabbing Collins here is a great move because he can at least deliver starter production. Also, this is good for the rest of the skill positions as well as Collins in practice can deliver a better quality of reps for the WR corp. Even if Collins isn't used at all in the regular season the WR corp will be much better prepared having worked with Collins for a couple of weeks instead of the current backups. Peyton will be rusty but you don't need the whole WR corp being out of sorts after playing with substandard QBs for the whole camp. It might have been better to bring in Collins a little earlier but they had to see what they did have in terms of backups first.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I wonder why they did not bring back Sorgi. :dunno: spent years backup manning and did fairly well, and knows the offense.

Zach

Indy is EXACTLY the type of program he would have excelled in, in his prime.

Wasn't he drunk passed out in some bar while in his prime?

Or was that when he decided to let his coach know that he did not want to start on Sunday?