Kellen Winslow Jr traded to the Bucs! New Contract

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Great googley moogley. Big signing by the Bucs. It seems the passing attack is getting a shot in the butt as this is not the last move by the Bucs to acquire more strength through the air.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
wow, big move for the Bucs.....seems like a big weapon for the Browns passing attack is now gone though....

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
wow, big move for the Bucs.....seems like a big weapon for the Browns passing attack is now gone though....

Yup. It would stand to reason the Browns didn't want to put up with the headache and are going into total rebuild mode.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
:OMG:

What the hell is Cleveland going to do for an offense now?!?!?!? Jesus H. Christ....they better friggen hope Edwards snaps out of it. They also better pray to the almighty football gods that Crabtree drops to them at Pick #5.

As for Tampa...this is interesting. They dump every single receiver they have except for Bryant...then go and get a top flight Te. It is the best tool in the world for a young unproven QB to have a top Te to support them....so nice move for Tampa.

The SOLDJA is back in Fla!

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
I'm excited about Winslow, sure this week has been a rollercoaster ride for Bucs fans but this is a good move, will help out McCown and free up Bryant in the secondary. I like it!

Runnik's Hambones

If anything, it is quite refreshing to see the Bucs organization remaining active. Cleaning house is even refreshing, as hard as that pill was to swallow. You have to respect them for not just sticking with the team that landed in their laps. They're making an effort to create the team that they feel most comfortable leading.

Runnik's Hambones

Another note: they're undisclosed draft picks, for what reasons I cannot currently imagine, however lets not forget that before this trade, the Browns only had 4 draft picks this year. Meaning, they were desperate for them. Hopefully, as a Bucs fan, this deal was greatly in favor of Tampa. Perhpas the desperation for more than 4 picks this year lead to Winslow in Tampa for picks that aren't too pricey.

Yup. It would stand to reason the Browns didn't want to put up with the headache and are going into total rebuild mode.

Wouldn't they have to actually build first in order to rebuild? They've been trying since the late 80s with very minimal success.

Give us a 10 win season every few years to keep the hope alive.

God I'm starting to hate being a Browns fan. :thud:

Runnik's Hambones

Another note: they're undisclosed draft picks, for what reasons I cannot currently imagine, however lets not forget that before this trade, the Browns only had 4 draft picks this year. Meaning, they were desperate for them. Hopefully, as a Bucs fan, this deal was greatly in favor of Tampa. Perhpas the desperation for more than 4 picks this year lead to Winslow in Tampa for picks that aren't too pricey.

Just found out that the Bucs traded this year's 2nd round pick and next year's 5th round pick for the Winslow trade. I'm happy with that.

2,100th Post!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
looks like they followed the Shockey deal here with a 2nd and a 5th, the same deal the Cheifs have reportedly been asking for Tony G. With another TE getting this compensation you have to wonder what KC is going to be able to get for an aging, yet still very effective Tony G.....

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
id give a 2 and 5 for gonzalez before id do it for either of those players right now. tony may be older, but he doesnt have the injury and headcase history of either of those guys. im actually surprised, thats a higher price than id have expected tampa to pay. this now leaves them with only that 1st round pick out of the top 75 picks. for a rebuilding team, that is pretty rough.

Escrow

Who is going to throw to him?

Uncle Luke.....

McCown08_23_07_1_b.jpg