Josh Freeman

MNJHNSN

Drinking the Freeman kool-aid or not, he showed that he has matured incredibly into a solid NFL QB. I think he is definitely the star of the 2009 QB class. Excellent decision making, big arm, mobility and accuracy = bright future.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Really great game for the young man. I had him lined up to play both playoff games and lost my guts to start him.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Baby Face Freeman is friggin fantastic! I'm really happy with the development of this 2nd year QB. With Kellen Winslow seasoned to take those hard to reach grabs and the youth and speed of Mike Williams running like the roadrunner down the field, the Bucs franchise is growing up and looking great.

Like almost every other team this year, our IR is THE place to be. Kareem Huggins and Co. are now joined by Arrelious Benn which really sucks but considering the fact that are in one of the toughest divisions of the NFL and are blessed to be able to watch the Saints and Falcons make the playoff run, we'll be able to get healthy and return next year.

Freeman! Freeman! Freeman! :cheer:

Vicious_Machine

I dont get it; I mean, I keep hearing all these "great" things about it. I think he is a solid QB; dont get me wrong. But great? And for mud; a Fantasy start??? Lets not go nuts here. He's the 3rd best QB in his own division for reality or fantasy as far as I am concerned.

And as for Fantasy is concerned; you take out that 1 game he had vs Seattle and he never even had more then two TDs in any other game. He is a borderline starter based on matchups in a 12 team league as far as fantasy is concerned.

That all being said, its only his second year, he should get better.

Oh, as for class of 2009 draft; yes, that he is, but that is not saying much. Stafford is always injured, his only competition is Sanchez. I dont think anybody else from that draft is even a starting QB.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I dont get it; I mean, I keep hearing all these "great" things about it. I think he is a solid QB; dont get me wrong. But great? And for mud; a Fantasy start??? Lets not go nuts here. He's the 3rd best QB in his own division for reality or fantasy as far as I am concerned.

And as for Fantasy is concerned; you take out that 1 game he had vs Seattle and he never even had more then two TDs in any other game. He is a borderline starter based on matchups in a 12 team league as far as fantasy is concerned.

That all being said, its only his second year, he should get better.

Oh, as for class of 2009 draft; yes, that he is, but that is not saying much. Stafford is always injured, his only competition is Sanchez. I dont think anybody else from that draft is even a starting QB.
Okay, first no one called him Montana Jr.

However, please keep in mind, he is in his 2nd year, and playing with basically rookie Wrs...and he is only improving. What is not to love? :dunno:

xqj47alpha

Banned
unless he gets to play seattle every week, he's a weak fantasy option.

i admit i haven't watched him play. but that's what his stats say.

his stats also indicate to me he follows the game plan and is coach friendly.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
I have watched him play.... all year. And I'm telling you that its just a matter of time. In dynasty leagues he has serious potential to be the QB of the future. It's not just about stats. Anyone can put up great stats for 1 year. The questions become, is this guy developing into a consistent fantasy starter, and the answer is yes.

Remember, the entire Bucs team is young on both sides of the line. They have a young head coach steering the pirate ship but this combination is promising. Once the half of our team gets off IR and gets back on the practice field, you'll see. But it's not to shabby this season. I mean how many 2nd year QB's, and 2nd year HC can jointly pull off a (9-6) record in a division as strong as the NFC South is this year. Freeman spent his offseason in football-school and worked very hard to polish his mental stability in the pocket, his throwing techniques on the longer passes and the post-routes which were his challenge (one of his challenges) last year.

Be a doubting Thomas if you want. But don't be surprised when you face against Freeman in the near future and get your butt handed to you on a silver platter.

MNJHNSN

unless he gets to play seattle every week, he's a weak fantasy option.

i admit i haven't watched him play. but that's what his stats say.

his stats also indicate to me he follows the game plan and is coach friendly.

Another weak start yesterday 21/26 255 yds 2td 0 int. This guy should be benched.

Coachnorm

Everyone!!!! Settle down!!!! Forget about this guy. Don't give him a second thought for any of your squads next year. :cunning:

Lol, I agree with Remote Controller.

Pay attention,you should not..... The fantasy QB of the future you are looking for, elsewhere, you should seek..... :yodavoice: