I just had to show this to someone that could appreciate it!

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Let me preface this by saying I would never think of posting a lineup as I understand no one ever feels as enthusiastic about your players as you do, BUT, after showing this to my wife and getting a 'deer in the headlights' look from her I just had to show someone else this ridiculous lineup.

This is a league that one of my co-workers talked me into begged me to play in with him and his buddies. I had no desire to play in his league but relented after the trash talk became outright unbearable. All I kept hearing was 'blah, blah, blah, managers keep quitting cause they can't handle the competition'. 'So and so is promising he is going to win the league'. 'This is for bragging rights in the bldg. and I'm too scared to try...'

So I finally agree and join his league a day before the draft which was this past Saturday. It's an 8 team league so I am thinking these guys must really be FF insiders and know how to work a draft to their advantage. I just want to be able to avoid being the laughing stock of the league.

So we draft and he is what I got!
1. Doug Martin
2. CJ Spiller
3. Lesean McCoy
4. Brandon Marshall
5. Jimmy Graham
6. Cam Newton
7. Novarro Bowman
8. James Laurenaitius
9. Dwayne Bowe
10. Patrick Peterson
11. Justin Smith
12. Pierre Garcon
13. Lamar Miller
14. Stevie Johnson
15. Rams DST
16. Carson Palmer
17. Mike Nugent

Seriously!
There was an immediate run on QB's in fact 4 of the first 8 picks were QB. My only mistake in the draft (IMHO) was at #8. Looking back over the draft results MJD was still on the board then and I should have picked him instead.

I can't even look my co-working in the face without chuckling anymore.

ExperiencedRookie

Yeah, that looks pretty unbelievable!

It's hard for me to gauge tho, since I rarely see lineups from 8 team leagues. Maybe an example of a bad team and an average team from the league would help

A

Axe Elf

I dunno, having two #10-ish type QBs in an 8 team league doesn't seem too spectacular, especially if there are QB-heavy scoring rules. Your WRs aren't that great for an 8-teamer either. You got two VERY overrated RBs in Spiller and McCoy--both of which should finish outside the top 10 this year.

It's very possible the last laugh could be on you.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
I dunno, having two #10-ish type QBs in an 8 team league doesn't seem too spectacular, especially if there are QB-heavy scoring rules. Your WRs aren't that great for an 8-teamer either. You got two VERY overrated RBs in Spiller and McCoy--both of which should finish outside the top 10 this year.

It's very possible the last laugh could be on you.

We don't see the same thing here at all. We should mark this thread cause I see McCoy being a top 5 RB again this year. Baring injury I just don't see how he will not be hugely productive this year. And with the scoring in this league Newton was the 4th highest scoring QB last year. Rush yds and rush TDs weigh more than the passing stats. Another reason why I put so much emphasis on the RB position over the WR.

A

Axe Elf

That's the problem. So much of Newton's production came from his rushing stats (741/8), and this year he has a new offensive coordinator (Mike Shula) who has scrapped the zone read scheme that allowed Newton to rack up those stats. He wants to keep Newton in the pocket. Now, Newton is Newton and Shula may not be entirely successful at keeping him corralled, but if Newton loses just 200 yards from his 2012 stats, he drops from #4 to #8, and if he loses 300 yards and 3 TDs, he drops to #12.