I hope Tebow does it again!

Zach

I have not read the entire thread - but I do know that Big Ben had a better start than Tebow (in Big Bens rookie year as well)

jjtweeks

" this allows you to compare him to aaron rodgers? are you kidding?
Great points Giz but if you reference my post please don't accuse me of such things. Not in any of my post have I compared him to any player much less Rodgers. As for the will and heart statement it was not meant as an argument only my view of why the Broncos are winning because yes I cannot find another reason and something I feel that there is no logical way for me to answer.

gizzil

for tweeks: my bad i lumped a few of the posters together and assumed you were the one with the rodgers

for tek : you assume correctly; i was alive during that season and sort of remember visual flashes, or dressin in bear gear, or what peoples crappy 80s basements looked like... but i was so young i dont actually remember seeing any games... i woulda been 3 by the time of the superbowl. most of my early actual football memories were the 49ers kicking the **** out of us, in the one nfc champ game (89?) 28-3 for sure... a very sad day for lil giz in fact the 80s and 90s were pretty garbage all around it was all 9ers, skins giants and then that freakin cowboy run

for RC: Hope all your lil heart desires :) but even at home, it's time for the broncos to face a decent team (even with their defensive struggles)

mills

This Tebow thing is great and all but once reality sets in and he starts losing as fast as he has won, Tebowmania will desist and we all can go back to Favremania.

The people I feel most sorry for are the quarterbacks that actually have the skill set to play the position but are over-shadowed by the hype machine that is Tebow. Poor Andy Dalton, the redheaded step child once again.

Remote Controller

This Tebow thing is great and all but once reality sets in and he starts losing as fast as he has won, Tebowmania will desist and we all can go back to Favremania.

The people I feel most sorry for are the quarterbacks that actually have the skill set to play the position but are over-shadowed by the hype machine that is Tebow. Poor Andy Dalton, the redheaded step child once again.
Tebow Fuel!

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
How does this crappy QB warrant this much attention? Even this little thread should be 6 pages shorter than what it is. Crazy....

mills

I'm not saying he is a crappy player or person, exactly the opposite. I respect Tebow for being a devote christian and he has an exceptional college resume but the fact is he is a sub-par QB that is riding the coat tails of his defense. This page would be 6 pages shorter if the media love fest wasn't in full effect.

Like I said above, he is having his 10 minutes of fame this season but once he stops playing teams with issues and faces a couple of real teams that can put up more than 17 points, "Tebow Magic" is going to fizzle.

---

I was watching sportscenter earlier and they actually ha a Tebow/Brady comparison up... comedy hour.

mills

Just for the sake of representing Dalton. Understanding he plays in a much tougher division (against some of the best defenses in the league) and that he's a rookie.

Dalton's Stats - Rookie
7 Wins - 6 Loses
245-415 (59%)
2,833 yds Passing
18 TD Passing
12 INT
3 Fum

82.1 QB Rating

26 Rushing Attempts
89 Yds (3.4 Avg)
1 TD
1 FUM

Tebow's Ratings
7-1
96-198 (48.5)
1,290 yds Passing
11 Tds Passing
2 INT
4 FUM

83.9 QB Rating

94 Rushing Attepts
517 Yds (5.5 Avg)
3 TD
3 FUM

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I too am not saying Tebow is all that. In fact....I am pretty sure I compared him to Dilfer :puke: That for sure is no compliment.

But, he isn't being used to be a top Qb. He is being used to distract the defense, to free up the running game and occassionally throw a pass. As long as he doesn't make the big mistake...and keeps the ball moving...he IS doing his job.

You don't have to like it, but being effective and winning are what he gets paid for.

cctekguy

Staff member
Even this little thread should be 6 pages shorter than what it is. Crazy....

That's an odd perspective considering we are on a post driven forum.

I wish every thread took off like this one has.

Yeah, so maybe the topic isn't of extreme importance to everyone but it's been a very entertaining read for me the past few days and I appreciate the thoughtful and civilized dialog.

Good stuff... from my perspective.

mills

You don't have to like it, but being effective and winning are what he gets paid for.

If this is the case, shouldn't every single player on the Bronco's team get the same amount of recognition as Tebow? It would appear that they are all doing their job effectively the same as he.

I understand your reasoning and it's a great concept but I would be doing my self and any football knowledge I thought I have built up over my lifetime a huge disservice if I were to say that Tim Tebow is the sole reason why the Denver Broncos are winning football games.

Again, great guy, nice college resume, great intangibles when it comes to humanity and community service... terrible passing QB.

jjtweeks

It is good stuff and there have been great points made on both sides. i myself have learned a few new things from this thread. Got a better understanding of why people feel like they do.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
New 'Tebowing' Fathead released

The NFL isn't the only thing Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow is taking by storm this football season. He's got the Fathead market pretty well-cornered, too.

The former Florida Gators standout has been the story so far in the NFL this season, and his on-field play has quickly made him one of the league's most popular players.

In rejuvenating the Broncos, Tebow has managed to captivate both rabid fans and passionate detractors alike...

cctekguy

Staff member
Thanks for posting that Mud!

I think it pretty much explains why this thread has prospered.

Media sensationalism.

I don't watch TV (except the Saints on Sunday) so i haven't been harrassed by an onslaught of "Tebowmania".

All I know is that he's a young Christian kid holding his own against the odds... I like that.

I haven't been assaulted by profiteering marketers trying to make a buck off the NFL's new savior, I haven't been pestered by numerous "expert analysist's" opinions, I haven't even seen the boy play.

It's easy for me to like him cuz his story is very simple to me.

I can SO understand why some people want to vomit at the sound of his name. It's Mary Lou Retton all over again (except she was REALLY talented).

...but don't hate Tebow over all this. He's just a kid doing his best to survive.

Tell ESPN, Hasbro, and "Official NFL" merchandisers to shut the F up and quit trying to make a quick buck at the expense of this kid.

He can't possibly live up to the hype and it's a shame that he's being victimized like this.

And before you even start on the "He's getting rich" angle, I'd bet he's giving much of his money away to other vultures disguised as charities who also want to profit from his new found stardom.

Regardless of whether the guy is good or not, this entire debacle will end up in disaster for him.

Good guys never win.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If this is the case, shouldn't every single player on the Bronco's team get the same amount of recognition as Tebow? It would appear that they are all doing their job effectively the same as he.

I understand your reasoning and it's a great concept but I would be doing my self and any football knowledge I thought I have built up over my lifetime a huge disservice if I were to say that Tim Tebow is the sole reason why the Denver Broncos are winning football games.

Again, great guy, nice college resume, great intangibles when it comes to humanity and community service... terrible passing QB.
Please show me where I said Tebow is the reason Denver is winning? He is just not losing games. Which is what the defense does for him. This team is winning due to the Team. Defense, McGahee, Tebow and his key plays.