I hope Tebow does it again!

cctekguy

Staff member
I'm somewhere in the middle on this.

I love the whole Tebow story and I get excited when he does well. I hope he continues to do well. It's a charming story and might make a great movie someday.

But...

I know from experience that it's just a matter of time before reality rears it's ugly head and this Knight In Shining Armor turns into a pumpkin again.

Not because Tebow fails but because the rat race hates Hero's.

One of the million dollar thugs will take offense to his righteousness and break his spine, or the front office will start getting hate mail from pluralistic season ticket holders who think it unwise to embrace a christian "do-gooder", or the grief that his family must endure will become too much for him to take and he will leave town.

End of fairy tale.

Hero's in the name of Christ get crucified.

I love him for what he is doing but he will never be on my fantasy team.

gizzil

"One of the million dollar thugs will take offense to his righteousness and break his spine"

jjtweeks

I'm somewhere in the middle on this.

I love the whole Tebow story and I get excited when he does well. I hope he continues to do well. It's a charming story and might make a great movie someday.

But...

End of fairy tale.

i agree here Tek. But the thing is where i think people get confused is, is that people are in the moment and enjoying what is happening now and on the other hand it just doesn't seem to make sense. i keep thinking every week myself that oh this is the week where it all comes to an end. And i feel sorry for Tebow because us(generally, but not everybody) the fans are making him out to be something greater than his is at the moment and he is just playing football.
I myself like to "hate" on Grossman but i base that on his past and present play, not on what I "think" will happen next week.
i just think it's silly to say and im not knockin gizzil but using as an examle. " I bet the Broncos don't do anything this year" when they have already done "it" and by that I mean have accomplished more than anyone expected.
And yes Tek i know one of my flaws is i talk too much :yellowlaugh: but there just something about beating a dead horse that intrigues me:wtf:

JackG1980

I have become a little bit of a Tebow fan lately and I really do not understand how the Broncos keep winning. I know and I think everyone knows that its not just him. The Defense is doing great, Willis is producer, the Kicker is doing his job but all that rotates around Tebow. The Defense stays fresh because of the Running Game and Threat, Willis is getting the holes he needs... and so on. Then Tebow always does just enough to get the win. What I think is funny is all the hatred people have for him for being a Christian. And every since the was a rookie the people said, just wait until he plays an NFL Game, JUST WAIT, Then it was he got luck wait till he plays the next game. Then is was the defense won he sucks, wait until he plays a decent team. Then it was wait until he play a good defensive team, then it was just wait until he has to score 30 points or more using his arm. Now it is back to O JUST WAIT Until he plays a great team like the Packers. He had one bad game and all the haters came out and said, I TOLD I TOLD YOU, HE is horrible... no way he could every be an NFL QB. WHAT I SAY? WHAT I SAY. But every QB has bad games. THat is why I think it is funny.

jjtweeks

I saw on TV that his jersey was the 5th top seller. After this game it might move up a few notches.
Good job Broncos
Great job Prater

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
You know, I am not a Tebow fan, but Baltimore won a title with a lousy Qb(dilfer :puke: ) as well, and this kid just has an "IT" factor you can't deny. Give him some more tools, and keep the defense going....and they just might have something here....

gizzil

the broncos are still bad. and tebow sucked. hate to break it to you, but beating the bears isnt hard right now. if any of you honestly think they could beat a real team. youre kiddin yourself

cctekguy

Staff member
Wow Giz,

You're really a Tebophobe!

What is it about Tebow that threatens you so much?

Are you scared to be wrong or does it go deeper than that?

JackG1980

Come on Griz, thats just being ridiculus. Give the Broncos Credit for not giving up. It was a great Defensive game with a great come from behind win. This is what football is all about.

jjtweeks

Ridiculous is right. Giz I have to call you out bud, you sound like a kid in junior high who drank his first 6 pack(smack talking with bouts of delusion). You are the one kidding yourself by the comments you have made over the past weeks. Why not focus on rooting for your team. Man if 7-1 as a starter "still sucked" I hope my Dolphins suck more than anyone else next year

gizzil

they had one drive! were you not watching the game? ridiculous has an o in it btw... im not threatened by anything, i just think it's funny that an average bronco tteam gets so much credit. the bears offense sucks soo hard it's ridiculous. barber runs outta bounds when the bears woulda beat your awesome broncos on the road with an even sadder sack than tebow... and to encore this numbskullery barber puts the ball on the carpet in ot as well. tebow completes A pass. they kick a field goal. and itsss yeah, tebow did it! did tebow make barber a dumbass? did tebow cause a freak fumble? did tebow commit a buncha stupid penalties in a bear uni? no. tebow was not responsible for anything. but 1 drive. which didnt win the game. and would have been largely insignificant without the general boobery that the bears display in handing games to other bad teams. the chiefs beat the bears too. why aren't people talkin bout palko? he had just as many td's against the bears. in chicago. PALKO TIME!

jjtweeks

Whats Palko's record as a starter(will give you a moment to research that)...................................... Exactly, that's why we aren't talking as much about him.

jjtweeks

It appears that you are taking them :grin:
I guess we just have to agree, that you are looney, um I mean to disagree

All in good fun Gizzil