How Do You Guys Do It?

cctekguy

Staff member
Draft is tomorrow and I'm trying to make me a little cheat sheet.

I'm looking at who I think will go before me and making a list of players I'd like to have in that round based on who should be there. This works well for the 1st round. In the second, I do the same but by now some players have fallen that I didn't expect to (guys that should have been on my first round list) so they aren't included in my second.

So far, this is still no problem. Pretty easy to see who fell.

But by the 4th or 5th round I have no way of remembering who hasn't been drafted that was supposed to gone.

In draft, I can still see who's available so it's not like I'm gonna miss them but it makes me question the sanity of having a cheat sheet.

Do you only try to track the first few rounds and then....whatever?

Am I a slacker if my list only goes thru 5 rounds and then start listing position instead of player?

Just wonder what you guys do to get ready for draft day.

bodey24

Staff member
Draft is tomorrow and I'm trying to make me a little cheat sheet.

I'm looking at who I think will go before me and making a list of players I'd like to have in that round based on who should be there. This works well for the 1st round. In the second, I do the same but by now some players have fallen that I didn't expect to (guys that should have been on my first round list) so they aren't included in my second.

So far, this is still no problem. Pretty easy to see who fell.

But by the 4th or 5th round I have no way of remembering who hasn't been drafted that was supposed to gone.

In draft, I can still see who's available so it's not like I'm gonna miss them but it makes me question the sanity of having a cheat sheet.

Do you only try to track the first few rounds and then....whatever?

Am I a slacker if my list only goes thru 5 rounds and then start listing position instead of player?

Just wonder what you guys do to get ready for draft day.
I usually print off an average draft position sheet and mark people off as I go. That way I can see about where people have been going and can take my guys slightly earlier than the adp to make sure I get them. It also helps in later rounds so I can see who is dropping and has solid value at that pick.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I make my own tiered rankings sheet, broken down by position. I'll also print out an ADP sheet and use it along with my personal rankings. Cross out guys as they go.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I pull names out of a hat, sometimes I have problems finding size 6 on the player list though.

Seriously, this is like my 7th draft, by now the names are well known to me, just go off past experience.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Seriously I usually have some sort of cheat sheet that gets pushed aside in a round or two. This year I have a tier page that I worked up that I will try to work off of. Also I plan on paying a bit more attention to the adp but it will not stop me from reaching for a player I want.

jjtweeks

I go with the flow and look for who's available, I always have in mind a few personal sleepers I keep an eye on that I can let go to late rds. if something's too good to be true and I already have what I need at that postion I still take that player for trade bait or to keep myself

2minutedrill

I feel in the gaps at positions and bye weeks. Then I turn to Mark and say something like "who's this Odell Beckman kid, should I draft him?" Mark says "sure, why not" and there you go, otherwise plan B is basically pick whoever then just make awesome trades.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I just make the picks going off basic knowledge. I think some people WAY overthink drafts. I think that's why I had so much early success at FFB. I didn't overthink everything.

I go with my gut. I remember two picks I made in leagues around here of Lacy and Hill (cincy) being laughed at because there was no way Lacy would be first round material and Hill could NEVER unseat Gio and do anything good.

See how that turned out.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
I have a cheat sheet of sorts as I just jot down the potential 'steals' and players that I think are way undervalued so I know to keep an eye on them as the draft goes along. Like this year I had Roethlisberger, Doug Martin, Kyle Rudolf, etc, etc. That way I can see when the higher ranked players for their position are going and try to draft them when I can without far outreaching their ADP.

Remote Controller

I track all squads as they are being drafted. That helps me make tough decisions on when I might need to grab that QB or TE. It also helps me choose between that second Wr or Rb early in the draft.