Hines Ward Watch - Super Bowl Status?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So far it sounds like Hines will play......but even he says he won't be 100%....is this smoke? Is this a GTD that will come up negative? Post any updates throughout the week here.

"I don't have a brace on, I'm walking around fine," Ward said Monday, not long after arriving with his teammates. "I'm not going to be 100 percent, I'm not going to trick anybody. But I think I'm going to be able to go out there and perform like I'm used to." Ward said he will likely wear a knee brace in the game. "I think I have to play with it," said Ward, who sprained his MCL in the AFC Championship Game. "In case you fall down on it, you don't want to re-injure falling down. The thing is, you want to play with a brace and make sure it doesn't affect your route-running ability. Time will tell." Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was startled anyone doubted that one of the NFL's toughest and most physical offensive players -- and the Super Bowl MVP three years ago -- would play. "People ask me that question and I want to smack them," Roethlisberger said. "It's Hines Ward, he's going to be out here. It's the Super Bowl."

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I think he'll play.....or at least "try" to.....i also think he will be very limited and fairly ineffective due to it. This is not an injury that is simply fine in 2 weeks.....

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Miller I agree with you. He won't be much of a factor and won't be able to do much. I think its going to be the Santoino Holmes show.

Mike

Administrator
I think the Steelers would be much better served by telling Ward to shut his mouth and stay clear of cameras and microphones.

Mike

Administrator
Could you imagine Belichick coaching the Steelers and the smoke coming from his ears after listening to Ward talk about his injury in depth like he did? :)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Steelers camp still saying he's a go. Didn't practice today, but he usually doesn't on Wed. he is expect to practice on Thurs so we'll see how that goes.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Keep dreaming. He was making cuts on the sidelines yesterday during his weekly Wednesday off. Ward on the field demands they pay attention to him. Holmes will get double coverage to keep a leash on him and that will open up Heath Miller and/or Washington. Hines will go and will help move the chains like he always does.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Keep dreaming. He was making cuts on the sidelines yesterday during his weekly Wednesday off. Ward on the field demands they pay attention to him. Holmes will get double coverage to keep a leash on him and that will open up Heath Miller and/or Washington. Hines will go and will help move the chains like he always does.
Did you say a prayer afgter you wrote that ;)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
That is good news for Steeler fans. Still not sold as to his effectiveness, but have no doubt he'll try to go.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Oh yeah..my boy Holmes as the MVP!! That's right..uh huh....oh yeah..it's Holmes's birthday...oh yeah! haha...

I traded Hightower and Arrington for him this season.