Hidden Gems

Remote Controller

Who are you watching that fit your drafting needs/strategy this season?

QB- I'm watching Eli as a late #2 Qb candidate. The new system brought in by the Packer Coach should aid him greatly, and bolster the whole offense. It might take 4 weeks or so. I'm also tracking McCown even later if Eli gets away. McCown is going to thrive with the 2 big receivers, and Martin is going to see some space opening the passing game even more.

I mention these two because I plan on having a top 5 qb in the fold.

RB- I'm all in on Gerhart and SJax. Two guys who can be had later if needed in a ppr draft allowing you concentrate on wideouts early and still fill the position at RB. Double digit Td's for sure with Gerhart and close with SJax. I don't feel either are effected by the scoring format. Morris is dropping way too far in ppr formats, and he might even snage 15 to 20 passes this year. Danny Woodhead is still my #4 rb target. He is the guy who turned that offense around last year and the guy that Rivers trusted in the clutch. That stuff doesn't change over an off season and Rivers is a Qb who knows who butters his bread. Danny gets enough redzone opps to hold value in both formats.

WR - Give me Kenny Stills late please. Here's my write up of him from the June Mock I was in.
"Kenny Stills has a chance for a sneaky good year with 143 targets from last year gone and the addition of a rookie as the only competition for those touches. He turned 32 catches (50 targets)into 650 yards and 5 Td's, with the bulk of that coming in the last 11 games. I feel he will easily improve on those numbers his second year in with Brees. It's nice when Graham and colston occupy those in the middle of the defense allowing Stills to get off deep. I feel Stills is good for 3 receptions a game for 70 and a homerun now and then."
I have to update my thoughts on him some and now feel the 5 catch range a game is more feasible. I really feel 65 - 70 receptions 1200 yards and 10 t'ds is NOT out of the question, and this guy is available as a #5 Wr at will from round 13 on????

I'm also liking Boyken as a late #5 Wr target, and feel Bowe is sliding waaaay to far this year and would make an incredible #3.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
QB: keeping an eye on Culter. If he stays healthy last year he would have had some great numbers. I think in that offense with those weapons this could be his year to pop.

RB:
I love the value of Gerhart and Jackson as well. Toss Chris Johnson into the mix and i like that trio to outperform many drafted above them.

Deep sleepers at RB I like include Tre Mason, think he's the most talented runner in St.L, just a matter of how long it takes him to prove it.

Another spot to watch, Denver's running back depth. Keep your ear open for who Manning and coaches talk about as good pass protectors....if it's not Ball, grab who is proving he can protect Manning. He will get some time and is worth the gamble.

More to come

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
WR:
Roddy white - not a late round steal, but I see White going off the board in the 5th rd and not in the top 20 WR's I see some VALUE! I could settle for him as my #1 if I needed to.

Dwayne Bowe - not a huge bowe fan, but when I can get him in the 10th rd area I start thinking I could take a shot here.

Steve Smith - I think he could have a Boldin type impact in Baltimore. Going in the 12th rd is great value.

Remote Controller

I will be buying Pierre Thomas as #3 type Rb in ppr leagues. They shipped out sproles and moved Moore. That's 150 targets and Cook can't begin to cover them all. Realizing also that Khiry and Ingram are not even in the conversation when it comes to the 75+ receptions Spoles garnered yearly. Pierre also had his highest carry total last year with Sproless still present, he received a few less targets but coverted 6 more receptions. I look for 1100 total yards, with 75 receptions and 7 Td's.

Remote Controller

QB: keeping an eye on Culter. If he stays healthy last year he would have had some great numbers. I think in that offense with those weapons this could be his year to pop.

RB:
I love the value of Gerhart and Jackson as well. Toss Chris Johnson into the mix and i like that trio to outperform many drafted above them.

Deep sleepers at RB I like include Tre Mason, think he's the most talented runner in St.L, just a matter of how long it takes him to prove it.

Another spot to watch, Denver's running back depth. Keep your ear open for who Manning and coaches talk about as good pass protectors....if it's not Ball, grab who is proving he can protect Manning. He will get some time and is worth the gamble.

More to come
Cutler oughta be a great option. We all basically have Marshall and Jeffry as top 10 receivers, and forte as the #1 receiving rb.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Cutler oughta be a great option. We all basically have Marshall and Jeffry as top 10 receivers, and forte as the #1 receiving rb.
That is my thinking, his draft slot is not adding up to the talent around him.....13th qb in the 9th rd with that many weapons.. sounds like some VALUE to me. I think a top 5 season is there for the taking.

jjtweeks

I like terrance west's chance of standing out in preseason giving Tate competion for the starting job. and with only Tate to beat out I think sooner than later it will happen. Someone has to stand out it Oakland this year and I think it will be Streater but hoping it is Holmes, Holmes more of a gem of where they will be drafted. Kelce was supposed to be a hidden gem last year but injury never let us see so I think he will have impact this season. Like Still's shot at over 1000 yards 6-7 td's. I see Terrance Williams hitting 1000 in Dallas this year
Some great values Im looking at.
WR
Justin Hunter
Robert Woods
DeAndre Hopkins
RB
DeAngello Williams
Ryan Mathews in fourth sounds about right but I like him a little more than that
TE
Olsen going in the 8th Gimme him in the 6th
QB
Rivers going in the 1oth If hes there in the early 8th I'm grabbing him

Last edited:

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
I like terrance west's chance of standing out in preseason giving Tate competion for the starting job. and with only Tate to beat out I think sooner than later it will happen. Someone has to stand out it Oakland this year and I think it will be Streater but hoping it is Holmes, Holmes more of a gem of where they will be drafted. Kelce was supposed to be a hidden gem last year but injury never let us see so I think he will have impact this season. Like Still's shot at over 1000 yards 6-7 td's. I see Terrance Williams hitting 1000 in Dallas this year
Some great values Im looking at.
WR
Justin Hunter
Robert Woods
DeAndre Hopkins
RB
DeAngello Williams
Ryan Mathews in fourth sounds about right but I like him a little more than that
TE
Olsen going in the 8th Gimme him in the 6th
QB
Rivers going in the 1oth If hes there in the early 8th I'm grabbing him

A couple of Raiders to watch

MJD was brought to the Raiders to be the starter but 2nd year RB Latavius Murray is also in the mix

OC G.Olsen said on Wed. that "L Murray as possessing the biggest upside for Oakland's RB corps.

I like WR Andre Holmes as well.

Oh yea, If Matt Schaub has flashbacks of last season rookie QB Derek Carr will be under center sooner than later

Last edited: