Give Sarge Your Opinion: Eddie Royal

Little Big Head

Jetsfan4life
Royal is a different WR and in a much different situation than both of those guys.

Cal and Roddy are true #1 and more like Marshall than Royal.
while i agree on Calvin who is in a class of his own, i think the comparison to Roddy is very fair, and think Royal is going to be better than he is

Little Big Head

Jetsfan4life
What the hell, I've always wanted to be a guide in Maine. Beautiful state.

Name your terms. I say 90 catches is a pipe dream, 900 yds "may" be attainable, and I'm not buying 6 receiving TD's. This is as a WR only BTW, no ST TD's.

For the sake of the wager, how about this. 1 PPR, 1 pt/10 yds, 6 pts/TD?

Taking your baseline, that gives him 216 points. I'll take the under.

Choose my avatar pic for a week, and vice versa?

sounds good! deal

If you cant find me here and I lose you can find me at fflivewire,fftoday under the same alius or at FBG under LBH

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Unless I get shot down behind Taliban lines in December, I will be right here. LOL

At least if I'm taken hostage in the Afghani mountains, I know that I can ask for welding equipment and materials to make a big metal suit and flamethrow my way out to safety. At which point while in the rescue helicoptor, I will log in and PM you your new avatar.

:sunshine:

RUBBER DUCKIE

I like Eddie Royal. He runs good routes, he's quick, and he had good hands. I think he's a buy low right now with people doubting him. Orton isn't a bad QB for him. I think Marshall is taking a slight step back because Orton isn't going to throw the accurate bombs as evident in missing Hester multiple times last year. Royal should be fine and I'm targeting him with that belief at my WR#2. Marshall I will avoid if there is another WR like Colston or Jennings available at the same pick.

joefan71

Pitbulls on Crack
Hey Sarge I like Royal but I'm not sold on his situation. McDaniels isn't Belichick, Marshall isn't Moss, and Orton isn't Brady, hell he isn't even Cassel. Of course Royal isn't Welker either, I think he can be better. "The System" wouldn't hurt him and although his YACs weren't great last year he will improve plus he is more of a threat to bust one for a TD.

Orton isn't as mobile as Cassel or Brady (did I just say that) and is more apt to turn the ball over either by int or fumble. I think the main reason he is the starter is because Chris Simms is a lefty. So if Orton goes down and they have to use Simms will they move Clady to right tackle?

head_deacon

You guys are discounting one thing..... McDaniels system is the same system Orton's Purdue teams ran in college! Go check the stats, Orton was pretty good against good competion in college. I think Orton could do just fine in Denver. Marshall needs to report to camp and play to help relieve the pressure off of Royal, but I think a high #2 reciever is where I would put him. Just my .02

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Do people blame the offense, Royal, Cutler? Who is to blame for Royal falling off the fantasy cliff?

Clearly, he is a very talented WR (his routes are very nice). I don't understand what's going on.

efactor

Coming at you
My opinion of Royal is in a free fall. I put him on the waiver wire today.

Was thinking the same thing. Painful to do on a 6th rounder but the QB change seems to be a global killer for the kid. Glad I only grabbed him in one league................

ExperiencedRookie

I was not high on Royal at all going into the pre-season. Then I participating in the IBL drafts. Eddie Royal was a HOT commodity in those drafts which somehow caused my opinion to change. I thought there could be value on Royal, but not nearly enough for a 3rd-4th round pick.

Unfortunately, I ended up drafting him in 1 of my money leagues in the 7th round. I took him as my 3rd WR which was pretty safe, but my 2nd WR was Anthony Gonzalez. Now I'm cursing myself for letting my opinion on a player change because a bunch of other people were high on him.

Eddie Royal is talented. He could be amazing in another offense, but Marshall is the clear #1 and Orton seems to love tossing to the WR3 and WR4 as well. Plus, this offense just isn't that good.

I believe Royal is a talented player but there's a big difference in the mentality of the Broncos' offense and their entire game plan from last year to this year.

2008 - Big arm in Cutler and the defense was terrible. He had 3 great targets in Marshall, Royal and Sheffler and they were forced to air out the ball. If we all remember, it was a musical chair of RBs the enitre season (Ryan Torain hype LOL), the running game just didn't work out most of the season.

2009 - Although they've played 3 weak teams, looks like that defense has improved. With Moreno and Buckhalter, they have leaned much more on the running game. Take out Cutler and you have Orton who does not possess the passing abilities for this team to throw more than 30-40 times a game...it just wouldn't play to their strength. Utilize that great o-line and run the ball.

Now, I do think they're making a mistake but not using Royal more with the bubble screens and letting his speed work in the open field. I'd hold onto to Royal as they have a rough schedule coming up and against better run defenses, they may be forced to throw the ball...

Remote Controller

I believe Royal is a talented player but there's a big difference in the mentality of the Broncos' offense and their entire game plan from last year to this year.

2008 - Big arm in Cutler and the defense was terrible. He had 3 great targets in Marshall, Royal and Sheffler and they were forced to air out the ball. If we all remember, it was a musical chair of RBs the enitre season (Ryan Torain hype LOL), the running game just didn't work out most of the season.

2009 - Although they've played 3 weak teams, looks like that defense has improved. With Moreno and Buckhalter, they have leaned much more on the running game. Take out Cutler and you have Orton who does not possess the passing abilities for this team to throw more than 30-40 times a game...it just wouldn't play to their strength. Utilize that great o-line and run the ball.

Now, I do think they're making a mistake but not using Royal more with the bubble screens and letting his speed work in the open field. I'd hold onto to Royal as they have a rough schedule coming up and against better run defenses, they may be forced to throw the ball...
This is a good assessment, but I will tell you one thing, Royal was tageted heavily against the Browns, and Orton couldn't hit him. They are connecting on under 1/3 of their oppurtunities, and that's on Orton for the most part.