Free Agent Links

DearbornDolfan

Hope the Raiders can find a way to keep him

It's probably not going to happen. Not for a lack of will, but because Scrabble now pretty much hates Oakland and won't stay if given the chance to leave, and because Oakland is so strapped for cash that if they tag Scrabble they'll not be able to sign anybody else full stop. Also, this is apparently the last time they could tag him if they do, and I'm not sure Cable would be willing to take the fall for Davis crippling his team and killing any chance of improvement.

Runnik's Hambones

I find Brandon Jacobs the most interesting FA on the Sporting News article. Not so much because he's a FA, but because he's a FA at the same time as Ward. One of these guys (Ward obviously) is going to be in another uniform next year, more than likely. The fact that they both are FA's at the same time, pretty much says it all. After seeing what Michael Turner did this year after being the 2nd guy in SD for years, Ward will want to explore his options this offseason.

Escrow

I find Brandon Jacobs the most interesting FA on the Sporting News article. Not so much because he's a FA, but because he's a FA at the same time as Ward. One of these guys (Ward obviously) is going to be in another uniform next year, more than likely. The fact that they both are FA's at the same time, pretty much says it all. After seeing what Michael Turner did this year after being the 2nd guy in SD for years, Ward will want to explore his options this offseason.

Or he could be another Lamont Jordan :thud:

Coachnorm

This is the most interesting Free Agent story this off season. The Giants most likely want to keep Jacobs but he could command big money on the market. They probably are hoping Jacobs will play for them for less than he can get on the market. They have Ward to fall back on for a cheaper price most likely but one of the two will require a expensive extension. They still have to consider Plaxico replacement. This could potentially have them trying to get a Free agent replacement at WR for big bucks also or investing a high draft pick in a WR. All this makes the Giants a little strapped for options. This also is what makes the Jacobs/Ward choice so interesting at this point