Flynn joins Seahawks

jjtweeks

Matt Flynn has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a three-year contract worth up to $26 million, with $10 million guaranteed, according to a league source.

The former Packers backup visited the Dolphins as well this weekend, but he’ll now compete with Tarvaris Jackson for the Seahawks’ starting job.
Guess Miami will stick with Moore this year?

jjtweeks

If he was what Miami needed, I'm sure Philbin would have fought for him so this confirms for me that he wasn't the one for the Phins. If Miami signs Garrard I will root for a new team next year. This is all getting crazy. If Miami signs Smith, which i am not in favor for either, and Broncos sign Manning what are the Niners gonna do at QB

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I was so hoping this wouldn't happen. It wasn't even that big of a money deal and his ex-coordinator still let him wander off. Maybe if Carroll's taste in quarterbacks wasn't so shaky I could be happier, but there you go.

Arctic Dawgs

I like it. Wish it was a few more years on the contract. He's gonna have to earn a starter spot though. Still hopin' they draft a 3rd/4th round rookie QB. Glad to see JS & PC sticking to the plan. Seahawks will win the NFC West again in 2012

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
If he was what Miami needed, I'm sure Philbin would have fought for him so this confirms for me that he wasn't the one for the Phins.

John Schneider, the Seahawks GM, was with the Packers when they drafted Flynn. I think the Dolphins have issues, that start at the top, which is why they whiff on so many free agents.

xqj47alpha

Banned
If there's a team that Flynn fits in it would be the Green Bay/Seattle connection.
From West Coast to the Walrus and all points in-between

cctekguy

Staff member
It looks like "Matt Cassel II"

Over achieving back-up goes to semi-talented, poorly managed NFL west team.

Should we expect a different ending?

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
It looks like "Matt Cassel II"

Over achieving back-up goes to semi-talented, poorly managed NFL west team.

Should we expect a different ending?

Poorly managed? How many franchises have won more playoff games than the Seahawks in the last 10 years?

The Seahawks are the 2nd youngest team in the league, loaded with pro-bowlers. Just a QB away from wrecking major havoc.

The Flynn deal is a great one. Compare it to Kevin Kolb's (or Cassel's) deal. It is a bargain. Seattle did not give up any draft picks. It is a no lose situation.

xqj47alpha

Banned
Word up Kingdome!
wreak havoc though, even major.

although it's not crazy to think this deal could show up undigested too in the ufa poo l

How many franchises have won more playoff games than Seattle in the last 10 years?

I've heard it rains in Seattle
when it rains in Seattle people get wet
when people get why they want to get dry
when people get dry after being wet they move to Vancouver.

Don't move to Vancouver
Stay in Seattle

love those directv spots

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I gotta agree with Kingdome, this was a no brainer for Seattle. You get a young Qb, that has shown promise. You didn't give up a huge contract, nor picks to get him(better than Kolb, Cassel or Whitehurst....).

You have a running game in place, pretty solid O-line. What you desperately need is Wrs. You need Te to be what we thought, and you need Wrs. Let me say again, what you NEED is Wrs.

xqj47alpha

Banned
I guess Phi and I are showing our age here.

And like Phicin says, Seattle does need receivers, especially if they have Flynn.
posting here is fun again

Arctic Dawgs

I gotta agree with Kingdome, this was a no brainer for Seattle. You get a young Qb, that has shown promise. You didn't give up a huge contract, nor picks to get him(better than Kolb, Cassel or Whitehurst....).

You have a running game in place, pretty solid O-line. What you desperately need is Wrs. You need Te to be what we thought, and you need Wrs. Let me say again, what you NEED is Wrs.

I wouldn.t quite say solid yet. It's very close and may get there this year. They have looked better than they really are because the TE's stay in most the time. Why do you think Carlson left ? Have a look at how many targets they have been getting. Pitiful. With everyone coming back from injury this year it looks to be much better. We can onl;y hope

Coming into the Offseason the weaknesses were QB, Pass Rush, LBs, and WRs. QB is now settled, they have beefed up the interior DLine which will help the pass rush and the ILBs some. I would now say the biggest needs are OLB, WR and backup RB. Overall the FO is doing a great job and the team is looking very solid long term

eta; I'm assuming they get Hawthorne back, Otherwise I would think that could be the biggest need although they have a young guy they think is ready to move inside. We'll see